First timer help

This is where old posts that do not fit into any of the new forum categories are dumped.
CdnSteelerFan

First timer help

Post by CdnSteelerFan » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:29 am

Going to try a league with some friends, was curious how some would suggest the "best" order for an autodraft if I'm not available.

Looks like 14 players total and this is what I have without changing anything. Just looking for a best strategy in your opinion. Thanks!

Quarterback
Running Back
Wide Receiver
Tight End
Place Kicker
Team Defense/Special Teams

Oh goody, my wife's work has it's first case of co-vid.

stillthere

Post by stillthere » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:58 pm

get the best WR and RB you can in the first 2 rounds. Then you have to read the draft. If the first half of the first round is RB heavy then take WR and if it is WR heavy take the RB. is there a flex position in the starting lineup? If so you may want to double dip at WR or RB early. I would need to know more about the league rules to really give decent draft advice. Are the other owners all Pittsburgh fans or do you have a wide variety of team fans? That can change draft strategy as well.

jebrick

Post by jebrick » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:51 pm

I would get 2 RBs first. I have had success getting RB,RB, TE but there is no real outstanding TE so it could be WR.

don't worry about a QB until 5th round or later.

do not draft defense or KK until the last several rounds
“If you see the handwriting on the wall, you’re in the toilet.”

- Fred Sanford

CdnSteelerFan

Post by CdnSteelerFan » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:43 pm

stillthere wrote:get the best WR and RB you can in the first 2 rounds. Then you have to read the draft. If the first half of the first round is RB heavy then take WR and if it is WR heavy take the RB. is there a flex position in the starting lineup? If so you may want to double dip at WR or RB early. I would need to know more about the league rules to really give decent draft advice. Are the other owners all Pittsburgh fans or do you have a wide variety of team fans? That can change draft strategy as well.

Thanks! It's a little bit of lots of teams, so that's a bit scary. Worst case is I lose but learn as I go, and I'd have to check if there is flex in the starters.

CdnSteelerFan

Post by CdnSteelerFan » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:46 pm

jebrick wrote:I would get 2 RBs first. I have had success getting RB,RB, TE but there is no real outstanding TE so it could be WR.

don't worry about a QB until 5th round or later.

do not draft defense or KK until the last several rounds

I've read a bunch about getting 2 RBs early, I guess I'll decide which way I want to go before draft day or the day of. Thanks for the info guys!

Locked Previous topicNext topic