World Cup Soccer

Discussions. Still no racial epithets or political campaigning. Don’t bring any of this back to the sports boards. What’s said in FFA, stays in FFA.
Pabst

Re: World Cup Soccer

Post by Pabst » Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:53 pm

Doesn't the new deal mean that the men will collect if the Women's team goes on a run next year?

The whole reason this is such a big deal is that the women make a significantly higher % of their income from international appearances.

I will say - the whole lawsuit from the USWNT was bullshit. They were claiming discrimination because they would have made more money under the contract the men received.....while failing to acknowledge they were offered that same deal and rejected it. That's why it took about 5 minutes for them to lose in court.

Dan Smith--BYU

Post by Dan Smith--BYU » Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:09 pm

Yes, they will. And the gross is 1/30th of men's soccer.

The fully supportive woke brigade and uberfeminists can end this argument by buying tickets and going to matches, but they enjoy bitching live The View hosts more than watching soccer.

The irony that all of Me-Again Rapping Ho's "women can do anything" bullshit is that she is now sitting at home on her ass letting men do all the work. Like a goldigger without the blowjobs. Proving that women can do anything if they can get men to do it for them, the great grift of traditional sex roles.

Dan Smith--BYU

Post by Dan Smith--BYU » Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:51 pm

"During the three years following the 2015 Women’s World Cup, the women’s team brought in slightly more revenue from games than the men’s team did.

That's what the internet told me"

Grasshopper, this is why we must use our critical thinking skills and not be Internet sock puppets.

The selected begin and end points conveniently left out World Cups, where men can make most of their money.

I bet the men did not make that much from 2018-2021 after the World Cup either, especially with COVID.

The first thing one must ask about arbitrary begin and end points is why were those selected?

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:35 pm

Ok, but why do you care enough to post about it on a football, forum?

My critical thinking skills are fine, Dan. I just don't care enough to dig into this particular issue that much.
“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

Deebo

Post by Deebo » Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:02 pm

Pabst wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:53 pm
Doesn't the new deal mean that the men will collect if the Women's team goes on a run next year?

The whole reason this is such a big deal is that the women make a significantly higher % of their income from international appearances.

I will say - the whole lawsuit from the USWNT was bullshit. They were claiming discrimination because they would have made more money under the contract the men received.....while failing to acknowledge they were offered that same deal and rejected it. That's why it took about 5 minutes for them to lose in court.
Bingo.

People act like Mens and Women's soccer are equal have zero clue into the context. The media (and women's team) made it into a soudbite: "equal pay for equal work".

But the manner in which they receive their pay is apples to oranges.

I do however agree with the women that their "working conditions" were substandard and that should have been addressed.

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:16 pm

I think we can officially label Morocco as the Cinderella team this year.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic