RIP Chick Corea

Discussions. Still no racial epithets or political campaigning. Don’t bring any of this back to the sports boards. What’s said in FFA, stays in FFA.
Professor Half Wit

RIP Chick Corea

Post by Professor Half Wit » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:19 am

Total beast on the piano. An innovator. A legend.

A sad day for jazz. We're at that time where Miles Davis' 70s backing players are nearing the end.

I'll definitely be throwing Now He Sings, Now He Sobs on the turntable tomorrow, one of Corea's highlights and one of the best piano trio albums ever recorded.

“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

Post by 955876 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:34 am

RIP.

Going to be losing a lot of em like this unfortunately. And by “like this” I’m saying the all time greats. From many genres.
Jibbs: The Road to Nowhere Leads to Me…

Dan Smith--BYU

Post by Dan Smith--BYU » Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:57 am

Total beast on the piano but also on the Fender Rhodes 73 and he created technique on that instrument.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFUjGZvlTzw
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.

Nietzsche

COR-TEN

Post by COR-TEN » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:52 am

I saw chick corea live. Awesome show. The hall sucked though, and would have been better if I saw him at a better venue. You know, sentimentality sometimes distorts reality. /s
Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are, the pigeon is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

fractalsteel

Post by fractalsteel » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:53 pm

Last time I saw him was with his acoustic gang around 1989-90. Patitucci was spectacular that night.
The few times I saw him he always took time to crack some jokes and he was very funny.

RIP

jebrick

Post by jebrick » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:49 pm

I enjoy a lot of his stuff. Romantic Warrior is one of my favorites

“If you see the handwriting on the wall, you’re in the toilet.”

- Fred Sanford

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic