Am I the only one?

Discussions. Still no racial epithets or political campaigning. Don’t bring any of this back to the sports boards. What’s said in FFA, stays in FFA.
Stlcrtn1974

Am I the only one?

Post by Stlcrtn1974 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:57 am

I feel like I am living in a twilight zone episode where what I see and think is wrong. When someone is going to attack someone with a knife, and that person is shot dead, the attacker is now the victim and the police officer is now the criminal. This is grounds for outrage and protest? Really, what the fuck am I missing?

R_S

Post by R_S » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:15 pm

He who searches to be a victim shall find may ways to prove his cause.

COR-TEN

Post by COR-TEN » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:42 pm

It's clear the girl could have been stabbed twice before the attacker would have been subdued - and maybe even in the neck - and the cop might have been injured as well. It was an impossible situation. But there is zero doubt in my mind a stun gun may have been the better solution. So here we have a 26 year veteran confusing a stun gun with a glock killing a guy, and a cop that didn't use a stun gun on a 16 year old girl when it might have saved a life. Don't even know if the cop had one.

But I don't think race had anything to do with it in this instance.
Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are, the pigeon is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

Dan Smith--BYU

Post by Dan Smith--BYU » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:05 pm

"I feel like I am living in a twilight zone episode where what I see and think is wrong. When someone is going to attack someone with a knife, and that person is shot dead, the attacker is now the victim and the police officer is now the criminal. This is grounds for outrage and protest? Really, what the fuck am I missing?"

Because a black teenager killed by another black teenager means nothing in the Zeitgeist, it's a nonevent in the eyes of CNN and BLM. Those black lives don't matter.

The only black lives that matter are those at taken by the hands of white cops even if it was done trying to save a black teen.

Obviously you didn't get the parent memos distributed by New York's finest 55K per year boarding schools.

CorTeNPC reveals he doesn't have any actual experience or knowledge of situational policing or experience with split second decision making but he talked a lot during grad school bull sessions. He is also fully confident he could have done a better job than BR7 in that Cleveland game.

Notice how all the lefties are still extremely miserable after their guy was elected President and how the verdict in the Floyd case went their way. It's almost as if they want to be miserable no matter what happens. And they want the rest of us to feel the same as they do, by force.
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.

Nietzsche

LakecrestSteeler

Post by LakecrestSteeler » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:15 pm

Stlcrtn1974 wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:57 am
I feel like I am living in a twilight zone episode where what I see and think is wrong. When someone is going to attack someone with a knife, and that person is shot dead, the attacker is now the victim and the police officer is now the criminal. This is grounds for outrage and protest? Really, what the fuck am I missing?
Are we asking the right questions?

Cop is innocent in the knife incident shooting. Not much debate. That is the system we have and the system the cop was trained in. Would never want to be put in that situation.

Does the cop have to be put in that situation? Is this the system we all want? Is there a better system?

The policing across the nation is fucked in my opinion. Too many ex-military or military wannabe types running things.(I am ex-military, focus on the wannabe part) Nothing new being tried. Group think stank all over policing in America.

Too many Barney Fifes and not enough Andy Griffiths!

Too many cops think that every situation is world war Z apocalypse as soon as they step out of the squad car.

Again in UK and other countries the cops do not carry firearms and things operate just fine. They still have units with fire arms, obviously, when needed, but the beat cops and foot soldiers are all not packing.

A community sets up a community government; community government establishes a police force, but the community can’t get the police force to police the way the majority of the community wants them to police. It is mind boggling.

How about instead of having your hand on your dick/firearm, which it seems like is always the case in these instances, after exiting the police car, tackle the knife wielding maniacs instantly when possible.

If the cops are unarmed it completely changes the dynamic before and after the calls are made.

If you know the cops are unarmed before they show up there is not an impending doom clock ticking down.

If you know the cops are unarmed, maybe someone would have whacked the girl over the head with a shovel before the cops got there.

If there was 10 years of policing with cops without guns maybe the woman’s rage doesn’t increase when they show.

If this cop didn’t have a gun and tried to tackle the woman, maybe the woman in pink is stabbed maybe not, maybe she and the cop both get stabbed with non-life threatening injuries. That is a better outcome and is what most people want their cops to be paid for. I highly doubt that if they tried to tackle here anyone would have died.

Being a policeman is not the most dangerous job in the world. In fact they are more likely to die by suicide than in the line of duty. Why is that?

And if you are a cop without a gun, you can still get to go home after your shift without the dread of having ruined someone else’s life and their family’s life and yours and your family’s too.

So if you are asking if the cop in scenario above was justified? Yes. Is the knife wielder the criminal? Yes. These are easy questions and answer in our current broken but fixable system.

However, when you see people protesting it may feel like you are in the twilight zone. Those people protesting are not asking the easy questions….they want a better system. We can fix it.

COR-TEN

Post by COR-TEN » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:55 pm

Thanks for the shout out, dannie. Should you be tested for reading comprehension or are you just angry?

Are you a cop?

Answer some simple questions, daNPC.
Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are, the pigeon is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

R_S

Post by R_S » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:19 pm

So the answer is cops should not have guns because it works in the UK?

Hmmm. Maybe in Nowheresville PA that would work. But in the real world I see billboards in Chambersburg Pa advertising for PG County Maryland Police Jobs. Thats 1.5 hours away. Now tell those potential police recruits that youre gonna be patrolling projects in PG County with no weapon and theyll be doing nationwide job searches begging for officers.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:29 pm

R_S wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:19 pm
So the answer is cops should not have guns because it works in the UK?

Hmmm. Maybe in Nowheresville PA that would work. But in the real world I see billboards in Chambersburg Pa advertising for PG County Maryland Police Jobs. Thats 1.5 hours away. Now tell those potential police recruits that youre gonna be patrolling projects in PG County with no weapon and theyll be doing nationwide job searches begging for officers.
That would be a great way no longer to have cops. I would love to confiscate a shit ton of guns. I'm fine with folks hunting with normal rifles, owning handguns for home defense, etc. I have ZERO sympathy for war-gun hobbyists. I really don't care about your stupid firepower fetish.

Anyway, this country is so awash in guns that it would be madness to take away firearms from police.
“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:39 pm

Stlcrtn1974 wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:57 am
Well, you're living in a climate where no one is patient enough to wait for all the facts and no one is interested in doing things like making distinctions between different cases.

Some dudes tried to break and enter some university housing on our campus the other night and after students barricaded the door, one of the intruders fired a shot into the wall. Well....if the police had show up prior to their exit and shot this asshole dead, I would not be protesting. But I bet some would.

I know I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone reading about Tucker Carlson having on guests condemning the Chauvin verdict and saying things like the verdict is the result of some woke-influencer campaign conspiracy.

In general, left-leaning as I am, I tend to keep John Locke in mind on such matters.
And thus it is that every man in the state of Nature has a power to kill a murderer, both to deter others from doing the like injury (which no reparation can compensate) by the example of the punishment that attends it from everybody, and also to secure men from the attempts of a criminal who, having renounced reason, the common rule and measure God hath given to mankind, hath, by the unjust violence and slaughter he hath committed upon one, declared war against all mankind, and therefore may be destroyed as a lion or a tiger, one of those wild savage beasts with whom men can have no society nor security. And upon this is grounded that great law of nature, "Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed." And Cain was so fully convinced that every one had a right to destroy such a criminal, that, after the murder of his brother, he cries out, "Every one that findeth me shall slay me," so plain was it writ in the hearts of all mankind.
From "Of The State Of Nature" in the Second Treatise on Government if you want the citation.
“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

Post by 955876 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:23 pm

How about instead of having your hand on your dick/firearm, which it seems like is always the case in these instances, after exiting the police car, tackle the knife wielding maniacs instantly when possible.
How about putting some rational & realistic thought into this before suggesting (and I’ll be kind here) complete nonsense.

Yes, we should have our unarmed police engaging in hand to hand conflict with armed persons.

What if the first responder was a woman officer? She should just simply “tackle” that person wielding a knife?

What if officer is 5’ 10” and 190 lb man while the assailant is a ripped 6’ 4” 250lb physical specimen also armed with a knife?

Just tackle em. Sure buddy.

You go tackle an angry person with a knife and report back how it went k. A person obviously not in their right mind and even potentially on drugs such as meth etc where they are going to fight fight and fight some more.

Just go tackle em... :roll: :roll:

Police officers didn’t volunteer for kamikazi duty. They have families they hope to return to at the end of their shift...
Jibbs: The Road to Nowhere Leads to Me…

Dan Smith--BYU

Post by Dan Smith--BYU » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:27 pm

Some people around here need to seriously sign up for Krav Maga classes or shoot/don't shoot simulations to find out how they'd react in intense physical situations because they are clearly living in grad school theory world.
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.

Nietzsche

LakecrestSteeler

Post by LakecrestSteeler » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:57 am

You guys are all answering from the police have to be armed to be effective mentality and everything is world war z PCP raving lunatics on every shift.

You can’t teach police how to disarm knife wielding individuals? They teach commandos this all the time.

Have criminals that are armed with pistols and rifles, call in the armed QRF.

There are other policing models that would work in the US and work perfectly fine in other countries. Or we can keep on keeping on with the arms race and militarization of community police. Let the one percent live in their gated communities, let everyone get their ring surveillance cameras and get armed to the teeth, and start putting up the razor wired walls so we can look like South Africa’s Cape Town. That is where we are headed unless things change.

LakecrestSteeler

Post by LakecrestSteeler » Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:11 am

Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:27 pm
Some people around here need to seriously sign up for Krav Maga classes or shoot/don't shoot simulations to find out how they'd react in intense physical situations because they are clearly living in grad school theory world.
This is exactly what we need Dan. Everyone in society to go through the shoot/don’t shoot simulations. That will solve the issues.

Used to be you’d get pulled over and the cop would get directly behind your car, walk up to the drivers side window and get your license and registration. Now they do all this lame sneak up on the passenger side stuff. White 40 ish guy in a brand new sedan is going to pop the policeman when they walk up. Get real.

It is the same lame argument that was used with Covid at the beginning. Covid is the same as the flu. It is like .1% of the population. Why is everyone making a big deal?

Cops getting killed is ridiculously low. More commit suicide than get killed in the line of duty…but go on doing your paranoid ninja up through the weeds to surprise the driver on the passenger side to get a license and registration to collect money, just in case they come across Usama Bin Laden or the next Charles Manson.

Unarmed cops will work just fine with armed QRF on standby.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:46 pm

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:11 am
Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:27 pm
This is exactly what we need Dan. Everyone in society to go through the shoot/don’t shoot simulations. That will solve the issues.

Used to be you’d get pulled over and the cop would get directly behind your car, walk up to the drivers side window and get your license and registration. Now they do all this lame sneak up on the passenger side stuff. White 40 ish guy in a brand new sedan is going to pop the policeman when they walk up. Get real.

It is the same lame argument that was used with Covid at the beginning. Covid is the same as the flu. It is like .1% of the population. Why is everyone making a big deal?

Cops getting killed is ridiculously low. More commit suicide than get killed in the line of duty…but go on doing your paranoid ninja up through the weeds to surprise the driver on the passenger side to get a license and registration to collect money, just in case they come across Usama Bin Laden or the next Charles Manson.

Unarmed cops will work just fine with armed QRF on standby.
No way do I ask any cops to be unarmed in this batshit crazy gun obsessed country.

Post by 955876 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:53 pm

Your ideas Lake only work in theory.

Trying to disarm a knife wielding maniac in the real world is a tough endeavor no matter how much “commando” training one has.

Much much much easier said than done.

Any commando would prefer to put a bullet through the head of knife wielding threat via a silenced pistol than engage in hand to hand combat with them. Get a grip dude. You living on fantasy island.

You want a WAAAAY better idea???

Start ramping up K9 training and dramatically increase the number of police dog units.

That officer that only had fractions of seconds to shoot that 16 year old girl before she stabbed the other girl could have released his dog (had he had one) instead.

Ever see how fast a trained Belgian Malinois can close ground and get on a threat???

Instead of yelling a few warnings to put down the knife or else he’ll shoot could have been used to simply release the dog.

A trained dog that is going to go right after that attackers arm.

I GUARANTEE that girl drops to the ground and BEGS the officer to get the dog off of her.

She has a wounded arm but she’s alive and the threat was been stopped.

Nobody dies. No shots are fired.

The officers firearm becomes a last resort option rather than the only option.

Read up on how Iraqi or Taliban insurgents feel about those highly trained military dogs.

They certainly don’t wanna fuck with them. And neither will some idiot teenager acting a fool.

A dog will put a stop to most bullshit going down quick, fast, and without the officer having to shoot.

You pair that with tougher sentencing (oh noes but that’s racist) for those that commit violence with firearms or weapons and that’ll cool some of this shit off.

Scunge

Post by Scunge » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:35 pm

What I find extraordinary is how so many people can watch this video, the body cam footage from the officer who shot and see, or not see, what they want to see.

It is like some people have no ability to really observe things at all, even the tiniest of details.

For example, the girl in pink, the one who was up against the car and about to be stabbed. I had arguments with people that were saying they were both fighting, it was a knife fight, no big deal. And I was like, do you usually get into a fight holding a French Bulldog puppy in your left hand?

And they looked at me like what the fuck are you talking about?

I repeat myself, do you normally get into knife fights holding a french bulldog puppy? I explain that the girl in pink was holding a small dog, what to me looked like a french bulldog puppy in her left hand the whole time. The shot is fired, the pink girl drops the puppy, runs off to the right of the camera, the girl shot, Bryant slumps down to the left of the camera and in the middle of the frame is this tiny dog, bewildered. the puppy looks to left, to the right and then runs off camera behind the car.

There was later footage of the pink girl reunited with the puppy, holding it in her left hand/arm again and going into a squad car.

This was a sad day to be sure, but what amazes and bewilders me is how we all can watch an unedited version of something, something not taken out of context, or manipulated, and still have multiple versions or accounts of what happened.

Post by 955876 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:51 pm

There are none so blind Scunge than those who refuse to see.

It’s not about a person’s observation skills at all.

Many of the “outraged” likley don’t even watch or care to discern the details.

The only thing that matters to them is a POC was shot by an officer. Details, circumstance, and facts matter not.

I mean shit, the officer was saving a black girl with his actions. That doesn’t matter though.

And that unfortunately is a key aspect that separates different races in this country.

White people see a drugged up meth head doing some stupid shit that leads to them getting shot up by the police they will look at the circumstances and say “what a dipshit”.

POC are only able to see a person of color was shot and at that point all rational thought stops and the outrage begins. All started with the bogus Michael Brown “hands up don’t shoot” faux narrative.

Left wing media huge reason for this.

Everyone is out to get you. But if you vote for us we will save you....

It’s pathetic.

I have a close personal friend who’s son (white guy) was just shot and killed by a cop. He was unarmed and no immediate threat to anyone. Only two people around was the cop and him. Cop had soooo many other options.

No national outrage for this. No mass protest. No looting, theft, or property destruction.

Just a mom who’s son is dead because of a trigger happy cop with five previous killings.

But he’s white so who gives a fuck right.

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:21 pm

955876 wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:51 pm

The only thing that matters to them is a POC was shot by an officer. Details, circumstance, and facts matter not.

I mean shit, the officer was saving a black girl with his actions. That doesn’t matter though.

And that unfortunately is a key aspect that separates different races in this country.

White people see a drugged up meth head doing some stupid shit that leads to them getting shot up by the police they will look at the circumstances and say “what a dipshit”.

POC are only able to see a person of color was shot and at that point all rational thought stops and the outrage begins. All started with the bogus Michael Brown “hands up don’t shoot” faux narrative.

It’s pathetic.

I have a close personal friend who’s son (white guy) was just shot and killed by a cop. He was unarmed and no immediate threat to anyone. Only two people around was the cop and him. Cop had soooo many other options.

No national outrage for this. No mass protest. No looting, theft, or property destruction.

Just a mom who’s son is dead because of a trigger happy cop with five previous killings.

Was your friend's kid handcuffed behind his back and face first on the pavement and completely helpless like George Floyd?

Was your friend's kid complying perfectly with the piece of shit cop was demanding like Philando Castile?

I'd love to see more details involved with exactly what took place.

But you see, the problem too often is that black folks like Eric Garner, who was murdered by cops for selling cigarettes on the street for absolutely no reason DIE, while mass shooters like Dylann Roof, who walked into a black church and was greeted kindly by all the folks he encountered but opened fire anyway, killing several black parishioners. What happened to young Dylann? Well, the cops showed up and arrested Dylann. Handcuffed him gently and then walked him out to the squad car. Took Dylann to Burger King before taking him to jail because the murderer of several black people was hungry.

Sure, white folks die at the hands of police too, but not at the same rate and not for anywhere near the same evil reasons black folks do.

Like that stupid bitch cop recently who reached for her taser (even screaming "taser"!) while instead unloading her revolver on a black dude.

Curious shit like that happens just a lil' too often.
“The young girls strut their hips in the sun, from the brick streets of Whiting to the gates of St. John.”

Harvey Woodlawn

SteelPro

Post by SteelPro » Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:48 pm

K_C_ wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:21 pm
955876 wrote:

It’s pathetic.

Was your friend's kid handcuffed behind his back and face first on the pavement and completely helpless like George Floyd?

Was your friend's kid complying perfectly with the piece of shit cop was demanding like Philando Castile?

But you see, the problem too often is that black folks like Eric Garner, who was murdered by cops for selling cigarettes on the street for absolutely no reason DIE, while mass shooters like Dylann Roof, who walked into a black church and was greeted kindly by all the folks he encountered but opened fire anyway, killing several black parishioners. What happened to young Dylann? Well, the cops showed up and arrested Dylann. Handcuffed him gently and then walked him out to the squad car. Took Dylann to Burger King before taking him to jail because the murderer of several black people was hungry.

Sure, white folks die at the hands of police too, but not at the same rate and not for anywhere near the same evil reasons black folks do.

Like that stupid bitch cop recently who reached for her taser (even screaming "taser"!) while instead unloading her revolver on a black dude.

How much of this is perception and media narrative? Do you know who Daniel Shaver is? If you don't google him. I guarantee you would know who he is if he had been black. There are certainly policing issues in this country. There are certainly issues with systemic racism in this country and around the world. But I also believe there is an outsized lens used by the media on policing issues when it involves incidents to people of color. I'm actually fine with that because for several hundred years (and until very recently) much of society was blind to those things if not outright complicit. But please, let's focus on the real cases of injustice like George Floyd... like Breonna Taylor. When legitimate and necessary police actions like what occurred in Columbus gets turned into a shit storm by certain celebrities, politicians, and the media it hurts the fucking cause.
People who quote themselves look like dogs who lick their balls

- Deebo referring to SteelerDayTrader

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:02 pm

SteelPro wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:48 pm
K_C_ wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:21 pm
955876 wrote:

It’s pathetic.

How much of this is perception and media narrative? Do you know who Daniel Shaver is? If you don't google him. I guarantee you would know who he is if he had been black. There are certainly policing issues in this country. There are certainly issues with systemic racism in this country and around the world. But I also believe there is an outsized lens used by the media on policing issues when it involves incidents to people of color. I'm actually fine with that because for several hundred years (and until very recently) much of society was blind to those things if not outright complicit. But please, let's focus on the real cases of injustice like George Floyd... like Breonna Taylor. When legitimate and necessary police actions like what occurred in Columbus gets turned into a shit storm by certain celebrities, politicians, and the media it hurts the fucking cause.
Welp, I think black folks are simply done with being treated differently by police whether you or I like it or not.

That's why the cases of Floyd, Castile and others are being rightfully publicized and are receiving so much attention.

I know that when I'm pulled over by a cop, it's likely going to end up being no big deal. That isn't the case for black people and until all people have the same feeling of; "damn, I must have been speeding" instead of; "I have a real good chance at dying right now" when those police lights are seen in the rear view mirror, people are going to protest and bring these injustices to light.

George Floyd died over a fake $20. Eric Garner over fucking selling cigarettes. Breonna Taylor died because the police didn't even fucking know she was no longer seeing the guy they went to her apartment to confront. Philando Castile TOLD the dumbfuck imbecile piece of shit cop he had a gun on him he was licensed to carry. Cop panicked when Castile reached for his license.

Too many black folks are dying because cops are either scumbags or they're stupid. Shit IS going to change.
“The young girls strut their hips in the sun, from the brick streets of Whiting to the gates of St. John.”

Harvey Woodlawn

COR-TEN

Post by COR-TEN » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:35 pm

It should be noted that most conservatives and law enforcement officials treat "serve and protect" as "occupy and control." Like a war zone. Dumpster preached on his inauguration day the country was a war zone. Conservatives fell in line with the goose step. And conservative media worries more about protests against police brutality than the storming of the seat of government. Talk about law and order. But as always, when shit doesn't go your way, you find ways to wave the constitution around with the flag to justify your insurrection.

Meet force with overwhelming force is the methodology du jour adopted from the military. You disobey my order to take off your pants? I taser or shoot you. You wave a knife? I shoot you dead. You tell me you have a gun permit? I empty my clip along with the four or five other police officers. Because I fear for my life. That is combat and commando tactics in a war zone, not a civilian society. You sign up to be a cop, you accept the risks just like lobster fisherman in the gulf of alaska.

If it gets to a war zone, then I can understand. But a bunch of girls arguing and waving knives is not a war zone. Too many law enforcement officials are former military, since we have a militaristic view of order. Cops think they are the ultimate authority, and the drills they go through is a game. "Oh, I'm 95% with killing the bad guy." Tell that to the 5% that are killed unnecessarily. But I understand conservatives and law enforcement consider collateral damage acceptable, and tell the opposition they are just "bleeding heart liberals, that don't understand what reality is." Same with economics.

So much for human progress.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:48 pm

COR-TEN wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:35 pm
It should be noted that most conservatives and law enforcement officials treat "serve and protect" as "occupy and control." Like a war zone. Dumpster preached on his inauguration day the country was a war zone. Conservatives fell in line with the goose step. And conservative media worries more about protests against police brutality than the storming of the seat of government. Talk about law and order. But as always, when shit doesn't go your way, you find ways to wave the constitution around with the flag to justify your insurrection.

Meet force with overwhelming force is the methodology du jour adopted from the military. You disobey my order to take off your pants? I taser or shoot you. You wave a knife? I shoot you dead. You tell me you have a gun permit? I empty my clip along with the four or five other police officers. Because I fear for my life. That is combat and commando tactics in a war zone, not a civilian society. You sign up to be a cop, you accept the risks just like lobster fisherman in the gulf of alaska.

If it gets to a war zone, then I can understand. But a bunch of girls arguing and waving knives is not a war zone. Too many law enforcement officials are former military, since we have a militaristic view of order. Cops think they are the ultimate authority, and the drills they go through is a game. "Oh, I'm 95% with killing the bad guy." Tell that to the 5% that are killed unnecessarily. But I understand conservatives and law enforcement consider collateral damage acceptable, and tell the opposition they are just "bleeding heart liberals, that don't understand what reality is." Same with economics.

So much for human progress.
Actually, this is the weird thing. Those on the right keep screaming that cops must be allowed to do what MAXIMIZES THEIR OWN SAFETY and not WHAT MAXIMIZES THE SAFETY OF THOSE THEY CONFRONT. My understanding is the military trains soldiers NOT TO MAXIMIZE THEIR OWN SAFETY in order to PREVENT CIVILIAN DEATHS. So, the hardline right wing culture war position on policing is TO THE RIGHT OF THE MILITARY!

But rather than playing the blame game, we should focus on policy and just ask what can be done to improve policing and cut down on death in general.

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:11 pm

...and here's how fuckface cops treat veterans who they pull over for bullshit reasons.

....and of course, the veteran was black.

h[url]ttps://www.washingtonpost.com/national-securit ... -veterans/[/url]

Harvey Woodlawn

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:10 pm

K_C_ wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:11 pm
...and here's how fuckface cops treat veterans who they pull over for bullshit reasons.

....and of course, the veteran was black.

h[url]ttps://www.washingtonpost.com/national-securit ... -veterans/[/url]
The part where the fuckface explains to Nazario that, "What's going on is you're fixing to ride the lightning, son" is especially charming. We note that both the idiot cop and the Nazario have Latino heritage.

Still, EVERY situation is different. And EVERY situation has to be treated on its own terms with its own context.

But the Tucker Carlson angle on the Chauvin verdict has been maximally disgusting. It's scary to think of millions of morons tuning into Tucker et al, never reading anything about the trial or expert testimony listening to these goons and supposing as a result that Floyd was a drugged out super villain getting ready to Hulk Smash everything and that Chauvin's "method of restraint" was necessary for his, Chauvin's, safety. I hope the cops who stood around watching it get some kind of punishment, too.

Dan Smith--BYU

Post by Dan Smith--BYU » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:12 am

All of you theory world self-loathing white idiots (there can be no white supremacy with so many of you) would fail shoot/don't shoot scenarios but your rebuttal is to make fun of the whole idea as you sit their like 300 lb armchair QBs telling us why Mason Rudolph sucks.

Skin the game boys and let's see how you do under similar pressure.

Bet you've never been there so you mock it.

I guarantee if Antifa and Occupy were the police force they'd fail these scenarios more often that cops we have both by getting themselves killed and shooting more innocent victims.

And KCs butt ignorant speculation about unarmed whites getting killed is statistically wrong. I think in 2019 there were 9 blacks and something like 20 whites out of 300 million arrests. Which means rare outlier in either case and not system anythng.

Saying Derek Chauvin is evidence of systemic racism is saying a disease that affected 9 people out of 300 million is an epidemic. Derek Chavin is an asshole cop with poor judgment who should be in prison. Two of the juniors were nonwhite.

You're all brainwashed by CNN narratives. Go to Project Veritas' latest undercover tape to see how the sociopaths fuck with your dumb brains.

Half Wit can't watch Tucker Carlson without having it spun for him by the Atlantic so nothing he says about that subject should be taken seriously. He actually believes that Tucker endorsed fascism, simply because that fit his own warped narrative.

Nietzsche

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:49 am

Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:12 am
All of you theory world self-loathing white idiots (there can be no white supremacy with so many of you) would fail shoot/don't shoot scenarios but your rebuttal is to make fun of the whole idea as you sit their like 300 lb armchair QBs telling us why Mason Rudolph sucks.

Skin the game boys and let's see how you do under similar pressure.

Bet you've never been there so you mock it.

I guarantee if Antifa and Occupy were the police force they'd fail these scenarios more often that cops we have both by getting themselves killed and shooting more innocent victims.

And KCs butt ignorant speculation about unarmed whites getting killed is statistically wrong. I think in 2019 there were 9 blacks and something like 20 whites out of 300 million arrests. Which means rare outlier in either case and not system anythng.

Saying Derek Chauvin is evidence of systemic racism is saying a disease that affected 9 people out of 300 million is an epidemic. Derek Chavin is an asshole cop with poor judgment who should be in prison. Two of the juniors were nonwhite.

You're all brainwashed by CNN narratives. Go to Project Veritas' latest undercover tape to see how the sociopaths fuck with your dumb brains.

Half Wit can't watch Tucker Carlson without having it spun for him by the Atlantic so nothing he says about that subject should be taken seriously. He actually believes that Tucker endorsed fascism, simply because that fit his own warped narrative.
Oh, Dan. You should know that actual refutations require you to show, not just tell.

So sad!

Now, what I pointed out was that Tucker and his buddy said electing fascism would be acceptable based on false premises he is endorsing. I know subtleties like this are of little account when yourway of life is at stake, but I will nonetheless insist on the point.

I don't watch CNN or MSNBC or FOX or any cable news outlet. I watch the PBS Newshour. Its track record of excellence speaks for itself.

Stlcrtn1974

Post by Stlcrtn1974 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:10 am

Can anyone pull up how many African Americans are killed daily throughout the US by other African Americans. That's where these protesters should be focusing their attention on, but they won't. It's actually very disturbing.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:59 am

Stlcrtn1974 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:10 am
Can anyone pull up how many African Americans are killed daily throughout the US by other African Americans. That's where these protesters should be focusing their attention on, but they won't. It's actually very disturbing.
This is dumb. You should know better.

What you meant to say is that Black Americans should be focused on both. And many are.

Stlcrtn1974

Post by Stlcrtn1974 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:07 am

Professor Half Wit wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:59 am
Stlcrtn1974 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:10 am
This is dumb. You should know better.

What you meant to say is that Black Americans should be focused on both. And many are.
Why is it dumb? What should I know better about?

And by many you mean maybe 10%. We have stop the violence rallys here in Youngstown with usually about 15 mid to late age church going folks that show up. Blaming everyone but yourself is a great way to have this cycle continue and get worse with every generation, and that's what they are doing.

SteelPro

Post by SteelPro » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:54 am

I think a better point is to talk about the number of cops killed in the line of duty. If we want to focus on hypocrisy of those that overplay the race card we could focus on just the black cops killed in the line of duty. Can you name one black cop killed in the line of duty in last year? There have been plenty, but scant attention paid to them. Cops killed in the line of duty was up 96% last year. Yep, there are some bad cops. And yep, there are racist ones too. But we have a societal problem here. This isn’t a one way street. Policing isn’t going to be able fix itself just through policy changes, training, etc... attitudes towards authority needs to adjust as well. And law makers need to scrub the books of shitty laws that cops need to enforce.
People who quote themselves look like dogs who lick their balls

- Deebo referring to SteelerDayTrader

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic