My Final Steelers Mock: What I would Do

Discussions. Still no racial epithets or political campaigning. Don’t bring any of this back to the sports boards. What’s said in FFA, stays in FFA.
Minkah Coates

Re: My Final Steelers Mock: What I would Do

Post by Minkah Coates » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:21 pm

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:09 pm
1.24 S/SDB Richie Grant, Central Florida
Can cover slots in man-to-man better than Hilton, can also play deep safety, be the true backup to Minkah.

2.55 LB Baron Browning, Ohio State
Like Zaven Collins but more raw and more athletic. A 2021 version of 2007 Lawrence Timmons, who can give you some pass-rush snaps and also be great in coverage.

3.87 OT Brady Christensen, BYU
Pro-ready, plug and play for years.

4.128 C Robert Hainsey, Notre Dame
Pro-ready, from the OL factory in South Bend. Built like and athletically similar to Maurkice Pouncey.

4.140 TE Kenny Yeobah, Mississippi
One of the few TEs with the size to play inline. Not flashy but a good complement to Ebron and a help in the run game.

6.216 RB Deon Jackson, Duke
Like Travis Etienne, only bigger, faster, and way better in the passing game. And 5 rounds later.

7.245 EDGE Andre Mintze, Vanderbilt
Ridiculous first step, yet his tape is full of stout plays vs the run from good strength and technique.

7.256 WR Bailey Gaither, San Jose State
The most underrated WR I saw this year. He will get sold as a slot receiver, but few WRs in this class ate up cushion any better or more quickly. Great feet and route-running means he could play in slot or effectively outside.

Tear it up, tear it down.
You wouldnt address Pouncey retirement at all, and a whole different O Line from a couple years ago, and not a single RB on the team at all. We have 4 complete scrubs currently, NO backup to Ben either.

Either you are trying to be disingenuous and punk everyone or you do not have one single clue about whats happened to the Steelers recently. Your draft would implode the entire organization for years to come. Congratulations and I thank GOD in heaven you are in NO WAY associated wtih the Steelers.

Minkah Coates

Post by Minkah Coates » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:26 pm

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:25 pm
John stallworth and Mike Webster were drafted in the 3rd and 5th round. Why overdraft guys if everyone else undervalues them?

Secondly, the Steelers defense has collapsed at the end of all the recent seasons and was the primary culprit in the last 3 playoff losses. This offense will be a lot better if they don’t have to protect or make up the supposed great defense’s deficiencies.
If you have to LITERALLY go back 50 years to come up with a retort then you make your own point moot in the process. Part of what made Steelers drafts in their golden era was scouting traditionally black schools the same value as white schools.

let me ask you, are the Patriots gods of drafting and complete genious level scouts for drafting tom brady? Do you think scouting and draft strategies havent changed in FIFTY freaking years? How old are you? Im gonna guess over 60 or close to it. Nothing wrong with that if you move forward with the times but if you think those Steeler drafts could be done today then youve got another think coming

Minkah Coates

Post by Minkah Coates » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:30 pm

Steelperch wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:06 pm
Offense is clearly the weaker side of the ball with much bigger holes. Steelers haven’t spent a first round pick on offense in NINE YEARS. Aging Ben needs help. Rookie next QB will need talent around him. This guy goes defense - defense with the top 2 picks. :oops:
BINGO! nail meet hammer.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic