Vikings coach refuses to get vaccine

Discussions. Still no racial epithets or political campaigning. Don’t bring any of this back to the sports boards. What’s said in FFA, stays in FFA.
Jizz Mop

Vikings coach refuses to get vaccine

Post by Jizz Mop » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:28 pm

https://dailysnark.com/2021/07/23/rick- ... NrF3AuMe4c

The fallout following the NFL’s ruling on COIVD Vaccines has begun.

Yesterday, the league announced that teams will be forced to forfeit games if unvaccinated players or coaches cause a outbreak that results in a game not being able to be rescheduled.

24 hours later, an Rick Dennison has parted ways with the Vikings as assistant coach.

Roeth2Rudolph

Post by Roeth2Rudolph » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:51 pm

Slap em upside the head wit a jizz soaked mop!

SteelerDayTrader

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:07 pm

Good

You are an idiot if you don’t get vaccinated
Gorilla Warfare
🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

Stlcrtn1974

Post by Stlcrtn1974 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:47 pm

I was on the fence about getting mine. I got the j&j and got sick as fuck. Now it's over and I'm vaccinated. I get the not studied enough thing but I also get that I don't want this virus. Let's say everyone that got the shot dies from something, do I want to live in that world.

R_S

Post by R_S » Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:37 am

SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:07 pm
Good

So how about those that were fortunate enough to recover from the virus?

SteelerDayTrader

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:43 am

R_S wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:37 am
SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Good

They should still get the vaccine according to docs I think
Gorilla Warfare
🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:54 am

R_S wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:37 am
SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Good

Well, that’s up to the individual I would imagine but I wouldn’t plan on leaving the country anytime soon. Countries that require proof you’ve been vaccinated likely aren’t going to buy the whole; “I had the virus and I’ve recovered”, spiel.

Also most people I’ve known (and known of) who have had the virus and had any difficulties with it, are running fast as fuck to get vaccinated.

They don’t want to take any chances.
“The young girls strut their hips in the sun, from the brick streets of Whiting to the gates of St. John.”

Harvey Woodlawn

beerbrother

Post by beerbrother » Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:53 pm

Got the 1st of the Pfizer shots back in mid April and am still dealing with complications.

Have a history of getting backaches lasting a couple of weeks from flu shots. Haven't gotten one in over 25 years for that reason.

Figured the Covid Vaccine would do the same but the benefits of being vaccinated outweighed a couple weeks of pain.

Instead I end up with Guillain-Barre Syndrome.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-con ... c-20362793

Pain in the feet along with a sensation of extreme swelling proceeded the expected back pain. It at first seemed to be getting better with just some persistent numbness on the bottoms of feet.

Several weeks latter it came back but much worse. Could actually feel the numbness come up my calves, proceed out to my arms and hands followed by face and lips.

Nearly paralyzed me. Was several day before I could walk unassisted. Have regained much of my mobility but have no feeling in my extremities.

Have been through 3-rounds of MRIs, a spinal tap and enough needles stuck in me to feel like a pincushion. Also two electrocutions, not sure the official terminology of those test. Result come back good, show I'm fit and healthy.

See the neurologist again next week. Expect him to arrange for infusions and physical therapy.

Doctors now tell me not to get any sort of immunization. Like I'd really want to get this shit again.

Think for most people getting vaccinated is a wise thing to do. If you've ever had a reaction to a flu shot then Stay-Away.
"Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity"

Roeth2Rudolph

Post by Roeth2Rudolph » Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:37 pm

Jesus dude, That would prompt ole R2R to pour a stiff boozer...

beerbrother

Post by beerbrother » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:08 pm

Doctors don't want me drinking or I'd join you. Fortunately they don't have issues with weed.

Traditional painkillers don't seem to do squat for nerve pain. Been taking Gabapentin and smoking Orange Tide. It has high levels of both thc and cbd helping considerably.

Mostly just an annoyance now, keep dropping stuff cause I can't feel it.

El Kabong

Post by El Kabong » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:31 am

beerbrother wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:53 pm
Got the 1st of the Pfizer shots back in mid April and am still dealing with complications.

Have a history of getting backaches lasting a couple of weeks from flu shots. Haven't gotten one in over 25 years for that reason.

Figured the Covid Vaccine would do the same but the benefits of being vaccinated outweighed a couple weeks of pain.

Pain in the feet along with a sensation of extreme swelling proceeded the expected back pain. It at first seemed to be getting better with just some persistent numbness on the bottoms of feet.

Several weeks latter it came back but much worse. Could actually feel the numbness come up my calves, proceed out to my arms and hands followed by face and lips.

Nearly paralyzed me. Was several day before I could walk unassisted. Have regained much of my mobility but have no feeling in my extremities.

Have been through 3-rounds of MRIs, a spinal tap and enough needles stuck in me to feel like a pincushion. Also two electrocutions, not sure the official terminology of those test. Result come back good, show I'm fit and healthy.

See the neurologist again next week. Expect him to arrange for infusions and physical therapy.

Doctors now tell me not to get any sort of immunization. Like I'd really want to get this shit again.

Think for most people getting vaccinated is a wise thing to do. If you've ever had a reaction to a flu shot then Stay-Away.
This does not sound like fun.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire

RemoAZ

Post by RemoAZ » Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:21 am

beerbrother wrote:

Damn man. Sorry to hear that. Hope they can get you straightened out. My mom used to get the flu shot every year like clock work growing up and every year she'd get deathly ill for a few days. Never made sense to me. That's why I haven't gotten it yet. I want to go over seas on vacation towards the end of the year but I guess I won't unless I get vaccinated. Every time I think I'm going to go ahead and do it, I hear about something like your situation. I can't get sick and miss a bunch of work.
Howard Griffith had to resort to chop-blocking him during the 1997 AFC Championship Game. An incredulous Kirkland asked Griffith, “Why do you have to use cheap tactics like chop-blocking?” Griffith replied “Why do you have to be a 300-pound linebacker?”

Thrillsseeker

Post by Thrillsseeker » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:07 am

beerbrother wrote:

Sorry to hear your going thru this. Hope the weed and cbd or anything else helps you at this point. Thoughts are with you brother. I was a hard no on vaccination until I ended up with Covid and two stays in the hospital later been thinking about it. I’m back to work feel good again. Dr wants me to wait till August and then vaccinate. Honestly I’m scared shitless of the kinda shit your dealing with.

beerbrother

Post by beerbrother » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:18 pm

RemoAZ wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:21 am
beerbrother wrote:

Damn man. Sorry to hear that. Hope they can get you straightened out. My mom used to get the flu shot every year like clock work growing up and every year she'd get deathly ill for a few days. Never made sense to me. That's why I haven't gotten it yet. I want to go over seas on vacation towards the end of the year but I guess I won't unless I get vaccinated. Every time I think I'm going to go ahead and do it, I hear about something like your situation. I can't get sick and miss a bunch of work.
Thanks. I've gotten a backache from flu shots 100% of the time so knew I was at risk for a negative reaction. Wasn't expecting GBS. Doctor tells me it could have been worse, many end up in the hospital and can't walk for some time.

For most people I think the Covid shot is a good idea to help stop the spread. Can definitely understand your concern though. They put these vaccines out so quickly there isn't a whole lot of data about possible side effects.

I had the Pfizer but there may be an issue with the J&J causing a statistical increase in Guillain-Barre Syndrome.
The FDA reports that 12.5 million doses of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine have been administered — about 8% of the population of fully vaccinated people in the United States. As of July 13, 2021 (the day the FDA issued its warning), 100 cases of Guillain-Barré had been reported in individuals who received that vaccine. Of those cases, 95 were considered serious and required hospitalization; one case resulted in death.
https://health.clevelandclinic.org/guil ... d-vaccine/

beerbrother

Post by beerbrother » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:57 pm

Thrillsseeker wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:07 am
beerbrother wrote:

Sorry to hear your going thru this. Hope the weed and cbd or anything else helps you at this point. Thoughts are with you brother. I was a hard no on vaccination until I ended up with Covid and two stays in the hospital later been thinking about it. I’m back to work feel good again. Dr wants me to wait till August and then vaccinate. Honestly I’m scared shitless of the kinda shit your dealing with.
Thanks. The nerve pain is strange, never know what its going to affect. The weed is a big help used in conjunction with Gabapentin and the neurologist has no issues with it. Fortunately CA is pro-cannabis.

Dr told me single shot of Pfizer was almost as effective as the J&J. Also said judging on my reaction my body is going recognize Covid and quickly start fighting it. Didn't think I was at much risk catching or getting serious complications. Didn't give any sort of time limitation.

You should have some protection from having Covid so maybe wait a bit longer for more data. The vaccine hasn't even been out a year. Possibly there is a new and improved vaccine in the near future.

Express your concerns to your doctor and maybe figure out your risk factors. Good luck in choosing.

R_S

Post by R_S » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:42 pm

Sorry to hear about your complications. Sounds like you assessed your risk, and made a decision for you. That should be respected no matter what one decides to do pertaining the vaccine.

I get the Hopkins email updates on the state of the virus and vaccinations. I cringe when it notes the problem of people not following up and getting there 2d doses. The assumption is that they are just lazy or indifferent. I think for MANY there is a damn good reason they don't get the 2d dose. You're a good example.

gojira5150

Post by gojira5150 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:05 pm

SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Good

So many Sheeple out there just willing to get this poison. In a couple years you will definitely regret getting that poison put into your body as the mRNA starts to attack your body (heart, lungs etc.etc) as it will see them as an foreign invader. No one in my house will get that poison.

Why do people who were vaccinated get this "Delta Variant"? Isn't this vaccine supposed to keep individuals safe from COVID. No Thx. The Good Lord gave us an immune system and it's 99.6% effective against COVID. Why would you get a vaccine that's 94.6% effective. There have been ~ 45,000 people who have died from taking the vaccine. No Thx.
Obliteration Is Imminent

Ice

Post by Ice » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:31 pm

Jesus.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:36 pm

gojira5150 wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:05 pm
SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Good

So many Sheeple out there just willing to get this poison. In a couple years you will definitely regret getting that poison put into your body as the mRNA starts to attack your body (heart, lungs etc.etc) as it will see them as an foreign invader. No one in my house will get that poison.

Why do people who were vaccinated get this "Delta Variant"? Isn't this vaccine supposed to keep individuals safe from COVID. No Thx. The Good Lord gave us an immune system and it's 99.6% effective against COVID. Why would you get a vaccine that's 94.6% effective. There have been ~ 45,000 people who have died from taking the vaccine. No Thx.
Oh look, it's that fucking beast Marjorie Taylor Greene.

:lol:
“The young girls strut their hips in the sun, from the brick streets of Whiting to the gates of St. John.”

Harvey Woodlawn

Alibe

Post by Alibe » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:41 pm

gojira5150 wrote:
SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Good

It is always interesting on how one calls another group a sheeple if they don’t agree with them. How do you know if you are the sheeple or they are the sheeple? Just asking for a friend. Not getting a vaccine seems more like a sheeple thing. Especially when those questioning them are themselves vaccinated. Still asking for a friend. :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: I obviously think not getting it is idiotic.

Ice

Post by Ice » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:43 pm

Probably soon for this thing to head over to the Free For All...

C'mon, camp updates!
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

jebrick

Post by jebrick » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:44 pm

Let me guess. Hank Aaron is listed as those dying from the vaccine because he got vaccinated 3 months before he died in his sleep of natural causes. Anti-vaxers are so full of shit and misinformation it is truly pitiable.

The below comic will explain in easy to understand words how the mRNA vaccine works.
https://xkcd.com/2425/
“If you see the handwriting on the wall, you’re in the toilet.”

- Fred Sanford

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:45 pm

gojira5150 wrote:
SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Good

Here's what I find odd about you conspiracy theory morons. You pride yourself on being skeptical of the government and all manner of institutions, but without reflection you buy into, without any skepticism, the stupidest most absurd bullshit you read on the dark corners of the internet or whatever information silo you happen to inhabit. So while you are busy chuckling at the Sheeple, you're the dumb ass buying into conspiracy silliness without any critical reflection. It's almost as if you were a Sheeple.

And...for the umpteenth time....getting vaccinated is as much about—if not more so—keeping others safe, not yourself. So you are being selfish on top of buying into absurd gibberish.

For Christ's sake, pull your head out of your ass, man.
“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

Roeth2Rudolph

Post by Roeth2Rudolph » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:09 pm

Ehh, I just chalk it up to modern day Darwinism. The human population could use a good cleansing anyway, as it is much too large. The human/microbe imbalance will be set right again one way or another, might as well start with the anti-vaxxers.

COR-TEN

Post by COR-TEN » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:30 pm

jebrick wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:44 pm
Let me guess. Hank Aaron is listed as those dying from the vaccine because he got vaccinated 3 months before he died in his sleep of natural causes. Anti-vaxers are so full of shit and misinformation it is truly pitiable.

The below comic will explain in easy to understand words how the mRNA vaccine works.
https://xkcd.com/2425/
Even a cursory search on the internet shows that the information in regard to deaths associated with A vaccine ((VAERS)) is fuzzy at best. First the argument was that covid deaths were inflated to get more money and blow everything out of proportion, now it's been turned around into vaccine deaths are not misleading or inflated. First it was 900 deaths, and now it's 45,000? Do I hear 900,00? And in that 3 minute search I found there is a conspiracy out their suggesting more people have died of the vaccine than C19. /shrug.
Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are, the pigeon is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

StillerInCT

Post by StillerInCT » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:21 pm

beerbrother wrote:

Jeez dude. I'm sorry to hear that and hope it gets better. Guillain-Barre is no joke, but the prognosis is generally good after a few weeks/months. I was worried about it when I had mono back in college.
"Work harder not smarter" - Mike Tomlin

StillerInCT

Post by StillerInCT » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:29 pm

gojira5150 wrote:
SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Good

Ok there, Chief. I love people that talk about Sheeple and then disclose their belief in God. Religion is the ultimate form of following the crowd without critical thought. Thank you for at least admitting you bought a near millennia worth of propaganda.

I'm sure you're willfully ignorant on this, but evolution gave us immune systems.
"Work harder not smarter" - Mike Tomlin

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:52 pm

StillerInCT wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:29 pm
gojira5150 wrote:
SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Good

Ok there, Chief. I love people that talk about Sheeple and then disclose their belief in God. Religion is the ultimate form of following the crowd without critical thought. Thank you for at least admitting you bought a near millennia worth of propaganda.

I'm sure you're willfully ignorant on this, but evolution gave us immune systems.
Ehhhh. Plenty of devoutly religious folks who are not stupid. See any monsignor on faculty at any R1 catholic university (especially the Jesuit ones—research and education is service to God for the Jesuit order, which includes publishing in peer reviewed journals of physics, biology and math, etc). If you think belief in God means being uncritical, you are wholly ignorant of Catholic natural theology. St. Thomas Aquinas is not famous for being a dumbass, for example. I say all this as a non-believer.

Gojira is just a conspiracist.
“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

Roeth2Rudolph

Post by Roeth2Rudolph » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:57 pm

StillerInCT wrote:
gojira5150 wrote:
SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Good

I wonder who it was that sold that religion to western European man w/ such fervor, and why???

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:41 pm

Roeth2Rudolph wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:57 pm
StillerInCT wrote:
gojira5150 wrote:

I wonder who it was that sold that religion to western European man w/ such fervor, and why???
Constantine the Great. Any other questions, troll? :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic