Cole Beasley could be out for Steelers game....my opinion

Discussions. Still no racial epithets or political campaigning. Don’t bring any of this back to the sports boards. What’s said in FFA, stays in FFA.
rooneytunes

Cole Beasley could be out for Steelers game....my opinion

Post by rooneytunes » Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:37 pm

Was fined yesterday for not wearing mask around Bill's facility along with another player who was fined for the same thing. Also, because he was determined to recently be in close contact to a trainer who tested positive, because he is not vaccinated he has to leave the team for 5 days and go through all the re-entry protocols that unvaccinated players have to go through.

So if week of game one if these or both happen he would be out.

1. He comes in close contact with someone again which seems like a possibility.
2. He gets in trouble again for not following protocols, at that point he would be a repeat offender and subject to games suspension.

SBI
Last edited by rooneytunes on Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SteelerDayTrader

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:16 pm

I was thinking the Bills anti vax craziness might help us.....hopefully there are other nut jobs on that team as well

Lolz
Colts Draft 2024
1 Terrion Arnold DB
2 T’Vondre Sweat DL
3 Isaac Guerendo RB/WR
4 Tykee Smith DB
5 Ainias Smith WR/RB
6 KT Leveston OL
7 Ulumoo Ale DL/OL

Gorilla Warfare

🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

Orangesteel

Post by Orangesteel » Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:38 pm

He’s a certifiable dumbshit.
“Thoughts are a waste of time for me.” - Michael Pettaway Tomlin

SteelerKahuna

Post by SteelerKahuna » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:08 am

:shock: Quit living your life scared. Beasley is top level athlete in tip top shape. Almost non existent risk. Fat people are the ones dying from Covid ( we got a lot of fatsos in the USA)

El Kabong

Post by El Kabong » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:13 am

SteelerKahuna wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:08 am
:shock: Quit living your life scared. Beasley is top level athlete in tip top shape. Almost non existent risk. Fat people are the ones dying from Covid ( we got a lot of fatsos in the USA)
I'm not scared. I'm also vaccinated. I don't think it's only fatsos getting covid. Almost a non existent risk to getting the vaccine, too.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:29 am

SteelerKahuna wrote:
Yeah, read about this lard ass who died of COVID.

Oh wait, this perfectly healthy teenager with no underlying conditions and many more just like her died. Why tell the world you’re a dumbfuck? Don’t you want to keep that on the down low?

https://abc7chicago.com/sarah-simental- ... s/9172132/
“The young girls strut their hips in the sun, from the brick streets of Whiting to the gates of St. John.”

Harvey Woodlawn

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:13 am

SteelerKahuna wrote:
Fat people are the ones dying from Covid ( we got a lot of fatsos in the USA)
The news cycle about obesity & covid really annoyed me.

Yes, 78% of people hospitalized due to covid were overweight/obese. The problem is that 72% of the US adult population is technically overweight/obese. This is barely statistically significant, and can easily be explained by heavier people having more health issues in general.

OK, rant over. Carry on.

fractalsteel

Post by fractalsteel » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:16 am

The BIlls game is 16 days or so off. Lots of shit in this fluid world we live in could happen before then.

I see tha Diggs is throwing shots at Beasley on twitter.
Good

Steeler Owl

Post by Steeler Owl » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:30 am

Im betting the Bills cut him before the regular season begins. Decent vet receiver, not worth the headaches he is causing the franchise. Not good for business, enough said.

rooneytunes

Post by rooneytunes » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:19 am

SteelerKahuna wrote:
Your response has nothing to do with my original post saying he could be gone 1st game.

These are the NFL's rules that could keep him out which would help our favorite team.

Roeth2Rudolph

Post by Roeth2Rudolph » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:31 am

Yeah, it can't hurt... I'd hate to see a Switzinator type reeking havoc through our secondary.

Steeldrama

Post by Steeldrama » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:22 am

With or without Beasley, Buffalo will score points... a lot of them
OC Brian Daboll= Offensive wizard (and a helluva nice guy)

The Bills have a couple young stud edge players in AJ Epensa and rookie Greg Rousseu.
Should be a good litmus test for what appears to me to be a couple of shaky starting offensive tackles for the Steelers.
Nick Markakis on Astros: "Every guy over there needs a beating."

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:14 am

SteelerKahuna wrote:
Sigh.

It’s not about YOU. It’s about preventing community spread, including to those who are vulnerable. I’m not a selfish bastard so I put up with the restrictions.

Go Steelers!
“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

ToddHaleysNineIron

Post by ToddHaleysNineIron » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:33 am

What's the R factor of the delta variant? I've heard as high as 7 or 8... if that's so - no matter of mask or vaccine is going to stop its spread. Most if not all viruses are less deadly than previously but more contagious, unless of course you want to shut everything (and I mean everything) down which just kicks the can down the road.

Put simply, we can't mask or vaccinate this thing away - its going to be part of your life. Do what you can for yourself whether that be vaccinate in hopes that you can lesson symptoms, or simply wash your hands often. I think this "all or none" approach is harmful to our relationships to each other and the community in general.

More importantly (in terms of this forum), if opposing NFL teams who have to play the steelers can't get their shit together in terms of NFL rules before they play the Steelers, hey more power to the Pittsburgh Steelers then. Just as long as the NFL doesn't decide its not fair and push the games back so that the other teams can get their players back.
SteelerDayTrader, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:03 pm

ToddHaleysNineIron wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:33 am
What's the R factor of the delta variant? I've heard as high as 7 or 8... if that's so - no matter of mask or vaccine is going to stop its spread. Most if not all viruses are less deadly than previously but more contagious, unless of course you want to shut everything (and I mean everything) down which just kicks the can down the road.

Put simply, we can't mask or vaccinate this thing away - its going to be part of your life. Do what you can for yourself whether that be vaccinate in hopes that you can lesson symptoms, or simply wash your hands often. I think this "all or none" approach is harmful to our relationships to each other and the community in general.

More importantly (in terms of this forum), if opposing NFL teams who have to play the steelers can't get their shit together in terms of NFL rules before they play the Steelers, hey more power to the Pittsburgh Steelers then. Just as long as the NFL doesn't decide its not fair and push the games back so that the other teams can get their players back.
Well, I believe the stat is that 94% of the folks in ICU's and dying are unvaccinated.

A month or so ago, that stat was 99% of people dying and in ICU's with COVID are unvaccinated but because of the sheer spread of COVID and the gigantic number of cases rising per day (I live in Florida so I'm living it), even more vaccinated people are getting sick.

I do agree that COVID is now here to stay. We missed our chance to control this virus when far too many people shunned the vaccine, due to misinformation and stupidity.

Sad shit.
“The young girls strut their hips in the sun, from the brick streets of Whiting to the gates of St. John.”

Harvey Woodlawn

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:22 pm

K_C_ wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:03 pm

Well, I believe the stat is that 94% of the folks in ICU's and dying are unvaccinated.

A month or so ago, that stat was 99% of people dying and in ICU's with COVID are unvaccinated but because of the sheer spread of COVID and the gigantic number of cases rising per day (I live in Florida so I'm living it), even more vaccinated people are getting sick.

I do agree that COVID is now here to stay. We missed our chance to control this virus when far too many people shunned the vaccine, due to misinformation and stupidity.

Sad shit.
The delta variant originated and ran rampant in India, then hit the UK en mass before arriving here.

The county with the highest vaccination rate in the world (Israel) is also in the midst of a huge spike.

Assuming this would have been controlled if a bunch of yokels got the shot is nonsense

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:05 pm

Pabst wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:22 pm
K_C_ wrote:

Sad shit.
The delta variant originated and ran rampant in India, then hit the UK en mass before arriving here.

The county with the highest vaccination rate in the world (Israel) is also in the midst of a huge spike.

Assuming this would have been controlled if a bunch of yokels got the shot is nonsense
Assuming that everyone being vaccinated except kids under 12 would make no material difference in how restrictive our behavior needs to be is an equal amount of nonsense (which, I acknowledge, you are not claiming, Pabst).

This point by KC remains: 94% of those ending up in ICU beds are unvaxxed. If being vaccinated means Delta lays you out with something that feels like a bad cold or even the flu, that is much better than ending up in the ICU.

Then we have this:

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-ea ... 021-08-24/

The vaccine for my seven year old cannot arrive fast enough.
“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:07 pm

Pabst wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:22 pm
K_C_ wrote:

Sad shit.

Well, one helluva lot less people would be in ICU's and dying if they "got the shot".

The key to stopping this virus from mutating is the vaccine.....although now it might end up being a different COVID vaccine due to this particular strain.

Pfizer is reportedly working on a vaccination specifically for the Delta Variant.

COVID is almost certainly here to stay now.

Harvey Woodlawn

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:42 pm

K_C_ wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:07 pm
Well, one helluva lot less people would be in ICU's and dying if they "got the shot".

The key to stopping this virus from mutating is the vaccine.....although now it might end up being a different COVID vaccine due to this particular strain.

Pfizer is reportedly working on a vaccination specifically for the Delta Variant.

COVID is almost certainly here to stay now.

None of the COVID variants originated in the US. Delta was rampant in other parts of the world before arriving here. Once again, the most highly vaccinated country on earth (Israel) is experiencing a major outbreak. Despite military enforced lockdowns, Australia just hit a new record for cases.

I agree that people need to get the vaccine. Here's the problem - it's a global pandemic and believe it or not, the US is doing a better job with vaccines than a majority of countries. Believing we wouldn't be dealing with variants if Cletus J Maga-hat would just get the vaccine is dead wrong.

COR-TEN

Post by COR-TEN » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:49 pm

I think, since america was/ is weaned on a news cycle, we tend to forget what happened yesterday, or last year.

If the general consensus last year, say in april or may, was to accept the pandemic, and do the necessary things to mitigate it's spread, then maybe we wouldn't be in the shithole we're in now. This whole pandemic has been politicized, and continues to be, so talking about how or what we can do to stop it is moot. This isn't going away, but we do have some degree of control over how long it's going to hang around. If we want to.
Last edited by COR-TEN on Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are, the pigeon is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:58 pm

Pabst wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:42 pm
Once again, the most highly vaccinated country on earth (Israel) is experiencing a major outbreak.
Which a booster shot is apparently now getting under control.

So....people need to get vaccinated....

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:54 pm

Professor Half Wit wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:58 pm
Pabst wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:42 pm
Once again, the most highly vaccinated country on earth (Israel) is experiencing a major outbreak.
Which a booster shot is apparently now getting under control.

So....people need to get vaccinated....
Yep, the key to getting this thing under some kind of control, is the vaccine.

Amazing as fuck there are people out there that are against it. Amazing.

Harvey Woodlawn

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic