Aaron Rodgers Out with the covid

Discussions. Still no racial epithets or political campaigning. Don’t bring any of this back to the sports boards. What’s said in FFA, stays in FFA.
Professor Half Wit

Re: Aaron Rodgers Out with the covid

Post by Professor Half Wit » Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:25 am

R_S wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:15 am
LakecrestSteeler wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:55 pm
Per Aaron Rogers…he took advice from Joe Rogan and is taking ivermectin.
Why not? He's also doing monoclonal antibodies. I also read his statement and he did not take either MRNA vaccine because he is allergic to an ingredient used in both. If true is very reasonable to me. I'm sure he will ne back on the football field as soon as he is allowed as a healthy young man.
If you think taking ivermectin is reasonable then politics have eaten your brain.

“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

zeke5123

Post by zeke5123 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:24 am

Professor Half Wit wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:25 am
R_S wrote:
LakecrestSteeler wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:55 pm
Per Aaron Rogers…he took advice from Joe Rogan and is taking ivermectin.
Why not? He's also doing monoclonal antibodies. I also read his statement and he did not take either MRNA vaccine because he is allergic to an ingredient used in both. If true is very reasonable to me. I'm sure he will ne back on the football field as soon as he is allowed as a healthy young man.
If you think taking ivermectin is reasonable then politics have eaten your brain.
This is literally fucking insane. It is funny how you get everything backwards. Is it likely that ivermectin does anything for you? There is decent evidence it doesn’t do anything but there is also some evidence it can help.

Ivermectin has been issued over a billion times to humans with basically zero harm to date (if taking human doses). So on the grounds that ivermectin almost certainty won’t hurt you but could help you then you’d be dumb not to take it if you get covid.

That is very different from a public health directive about what medicine to take (which by the way the president of the TMA — the Japan equivalent of the AMA — recommends ivermectin for covid; I guess politics ate his brain). But politics have eaten your brain so much you cannot see why a reasonable person when facing a drug with almost zero downside and possible upside would say: give me the drug.

Stop watching NPR. It is killing your ability to make individual risk decisions.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:13 am

zeke5123 wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:24 am
R_S wrote:

This is literally fucking insane. It is funny how you get everything backwards. Is it likely that ivermectin does anything for you? There is decent evidence it doesn’t do anything but there is also some evidence it can help.

Ivermectin has been issued over a billion times to humans with basically zero harm to date (if taking human doses). So on the grounds that ivermectin almost certainty won’t hurt you but could help you then you’d be dumb not to take it if you get covid.

That is very different from a public health directive about what medicine to take (which by the way the president of the TMA — the Japan equivalent of the AMA — recommends ivermectin for covid; I guess politics ate his brain). But politics have eaten your brain so much you cannot see why a reasonable person when facing a drug with almost zero downside and possible upside would say: give me the drug.

Stop watching NPR. It is killing your ability to make individual risk decisions.
In its form as an animal medication there is no evidence it cures Covid. There is evidence it can put you in the hospital if you take too much.

You like to claim I get things backwards without demonstrating it. Funny thing about conclusions. They only need be accepted if they follow from premises or evidence with necessity.

It is also humorous to assert I am unable to comprehend that individuals medical needs differ and that different people are reasonably prudent to make different decisions bc I rightly laugh at taking equine antiparasitic meds not designed for humans nor having gone through proper trials for human use. Yeah there was a white paper. Same thing as a comprehensive trial.

Thanks for weighing in. NPR?

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... -evidence/
“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

zeke5123

Post by zeke5123 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:04 pm

Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:13 am
zeke5123 wrote:

In its form as an animal medication there is no evidence it cures Covid. There is evidence it can put you in the hospital if you take too much.

You like to claim I get things backwards without demonstrating it. Funny thing about conclusions. They only need be accepted if they follow from premises or evidence with necessity.

It is also humorous to assert I am unable to comprehend that individuals medical needs differ and that different people are reasonably prudent to make different decisions bc I rightly laugh at taking equine antiparasitic meds not designed for humans nor having gone through proper trials for human use. Yeah there was a white paper. Same thing as a comprehensive trial.

You really are ignorant. The idea you are even bringing up equine medicine shows how uninformed you are on this topic. Calling ivermectin equine medicine is like calling milk cat food. Yes, ivermectin can be prescribed to horses. But I literally specified human dose above. And human doses have been given literally over a billion times to humans with a handful of adverse side effects. That is, human dose ivermectin is incredibly safe.

So yes, you are correct that if you overdose on medicine it can be harmful. But I’m not arguing you should overdose on medicine (I specifically said human dose). I’m arguing the following:

1. We know with proper dose ivermectin is incredibly safe.

2. There have been some small RCTs showing benefits.

3. There are reasons to think there is no benefit (eg in vitro studies).

Given the above, from a risk perspective (ie no harm, potential upside) you’d be silly not to take it. That’s the point I made and you haven’t refuted (because from an individual perspective it’s a bit hard to refute).

But keep spouting off your idiotic talking point about equine medicine even if no one is talking about it. That’s why you are infected with politics; you are using a political talking point (people are taking horse paste) in a discussion literally no one was advocating for (ie the argument was taking human medicine from a risk perspective and your objection is it would be dumb to take horse mediocre — no shit Sherlock).

zeke5123

Post by zeke5123 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:18 pm

beerbrother wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:54 pm
Steelperch wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:42 pm
stinger8 wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:46 pm

Mr Perch you just do not have your facts straight, yesterday the USA had 22 cases per 100,000 people and Canada had 6 cases per 100,000 people (1/4 that of the USA). Our countries are similar in many ways the difference just shy of 75% of Canadians are fully vaccinated and 57% of Americans, that is predominantly it. Proof below.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... cases.html

People like you are the main reason this thing will persist. Getting the virus while vaccinated means your risk of issues is significantly reduced. Also getting the virus while vaccinated is much harder to do, the numbers prove it out.

In Canada we think WE in the USA you think ME. Think of somebody else that you may inadvertently harm/kill by spreading the virus. The science is pretty accurate you are not.
First, you can shove your “people like you” comment directly up your ass. The main reason this thing will persist is because some asshole scientists created a man made virus that we have no immunity to and don’t know how it will mutate. People like me are vaccinated and still got the virus. People like me are observant enough to realize the “science” has been wrong at every fucking turn for 2 years.

Back to your point.

Israel is 88% vaccinated, far beyond your magical 80% threshold.
Their new cases per million is double that of Canada 109/1,000,000 vs Canada at 58/1,000,000. 88% vaccinated and still not under control.

And thanks for pointing out what has made America the greatest country economically, culturally, and militarily in the history of the planet. Individualism is the greatest tool for advancing a society. I can point you to many history books showing the horrors of collectivism.
We've continually been fed a line of BS about this virus.

We now know the whole bit about the vaccine being safe and effective is just another big fat lie.
Who knows if true but BMJ published that a whistleblower came forward stating that Pfizer falsified records and broke protocols in their trials. A big deal if true. https://www.bmj.com/content/375/bmj.n2635

We don’t really have great data testing vaccine safety after the fact giving that the VAERS system is a fucking mess (it almost certainly is both over and under reported). My guess is the vaccines are generally safe but not perfectly safe.

For what it’s worth, I’m vaccinated with J&J (got it literally day before the pause — that was fun). But I won’t let my friend sleet get vaccinated in a year as risk-reward just seems terrible for small kids.

LakecrestSteeler

Post by LakecrestSteeler » Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:30 pm

Aaron Rogers is a big hypocrite at this point, is my guess. So you all believe he went to an allergist and was tested to see if he was allergic to:
Pfizer Lipids – The following lipids are in the new COVID vaccine. Their main role is to protect the mRNA and provide somewhat of a “greasy” exterior that helps the mRNA slide inside the cells.
((4-hydroxybutyl)azanediyl)bis(hexane-6,1-diyl)bis
(2-hexyldecanoate), 2 [(polyethylene glycol)-2000]-N,N-ditetradecylacetamide
1,2-Distearoyl-snglycero-3- phosphocholine
cholesterol
Salts – The following salts are included in the Pfizer vaccine and help balance the acidity in your body.
potassium chloride
monobasic potassium phosphate
sodium chloride
dibasic sodium phosphate dihydrate
Sugar – Basic table sugar, also known as sucrose, can also be found in the new COVID vaccine. This ingredient helps the molecules maintain their shape during freezing.
Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine is made of the following ingredients:
mRNA – Like the Pfizer BioNTech vaccine, Moderna’s also uses mRNA technology to build antibodies against COVID-19.
Lipids – The Moderna vaccine also requires lipids to help deliver the mRNA to the cells.
SM-102
1,2-dimyristoyl-rac-glycero3-methoxypolyethylene glycol-2000 [PEG2000-DMG]
cholesterol
1,2-distearoyl-snglycero-3-phosphocholine [DSPC]
The remaining ingredients (below), including acids, acid stabilizers, salt and sugar all work together to maintain the stability of the vaccine after it’s produced.

Acids
Acetic acid
Acid Stabilizers
Tromethamine & Tromethamine hydrochloride
Salts
Sodium acetate
Sugar
Sucrose
The Johnson & Johnson Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine is made of the following ingredients:

Recombinant, replication-incompetent adenovirus type 26 expressing the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein:a modified and harmless version of a different virus (Adenovirus 26) is used as a “vector” to deliverthe DNA gene sequence to produce the coronavirus spike protein. Once the modified adenovirus vaccine enters into the cells, the body of the virus essentially disintegrates and the DNA material within it travels into the nucleus of the human cell where it is transcribed into mRNA. The coronavirus spike protein is then produced and displayed on the cell’s surface, prompting the immune system to begin producing antibodies and activating T-cells to fight off what it thinks is an infection.
The Adenovirus 26 in the J&J vaccine does not replicate, and like the mRNA vaccines, does not change our genetic code.

Acids
citric acid monohydrate
Salts
trisodium citrate dihydrate
Sugars
2-hydroxypropyl-β-cyclodextrin (HBCD)
polysorbate-80, sodium chloride
Other ingredients
ethanol
Ivermectin Tablets are available as 3-mg tablets containing the following inactive ingredients: colloidal silicon dioxide, croscarmellose sodium, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, and pregelatinized starch.
Ingredients in Bullshit:
Bullshit
I have a bridge to sell you up in Brooklyn if you believe Aaron Rogers got tested for allergies on all this. Aaron Rogers is a pussy. We are LIVING IN A SOCIETY! He is afraid to get a wittle jab to do his part, but will take a horse pill.

He probably ponders…I am close to being a real life Tony Starks, and I don’t want to contaminate this “perfect” body lest it take away my super powers.

Get real Aaron. Life, society, this country and his community has given so much to him to enable what he does, yet he won’t lead and be a role model and get the vaccine and pay something, anything back?

Millions of soldiers and health care professionals take dozens and dozens of jabs in their lifetimes to serve the greater good, but the entitlement class will not do their part.

Just my batshit crazy opinion!

R_S

Post by R_S » Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:15 pm

The ivermectin is "horse medicine" is as big of a political brainwashing angle as anything discussed in this thread. I actually am surprised at you Lit.

On Aaron Rodgers allergens or not, it's kinda irrelevant to me.

About the vaccine, if there's a risk there should be a choice.

But if he broke protocols I hope he's suspended 6 games.

PS: Another lemming gobbling up the "horse" left wing talking point on meds that have been given to humans for decades. Lame!

PSS: Enough with the "do your part" bullshit. A respiratory virus will NOT be vaxxed away. You're not saving the world by getting it, but you may save yourself.

stinger8

Post by stinger8 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:38 pm

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:25 pm

R_S wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:15 pm
The ivermectin is "horse medicine" is as big of a political brainwashing angle as anything discussed in this thread. I actually am surprised at you Lit.

PS: Another lemming gobbling up the "horse" left wing talking point on meds that have been given to humans for decades. Lame!

PSS: Enough with the "do your part" bullshit. A respiratory virus will NOT be vaxxed away. You're not saving the world by getting it, but you may save yourself.
Well, look, my response to Zeke explains that. And I should be more generous in my responses.

I am guilty more often than I wish of being moved by the medium of the internet to be less charitable than is appropriate. There is a bad tendency to read people’s claims in the weakest way and worse possible light and then to attack the position according to that light. But charity of thought and reading things in the best possible light and considering the merits from that generous point of view should really be the operating rule. Let us try again.

The difference, I’d wager, between me and some others is not that the one is stupid and smug in his ignorance while the other is enlightened. The difference is not that one is free of bias while the other is not. Both have biases. Both have blind spots in his understanding. The difference is that one of us as is his highest organizing principle freedom from coercion and personal choice. The other of the two thinks libertarianism is a total disaster without widespread prudence in the citizenry. Unless people can rule themselves well, there needs to be regulation. Probably we disagree on evidence of the intellectual virtue of prudence in this case. It seems to me you are emphasizing freedom of personal choice regarding risk assessment and recoil at the idea that rational beings should not be free to exercise their reason to make their own choices regarding their own personal safety or, worse, be coerced: you see here in rational beings a right held in virtue of possession of reason. I am sympathetic. But reason can be exercised well (virtue, in the case prudence) or poorly (vice, in this imprudence). We disagree about whether it is prudent to ingest a drug for a purpose for which it was not designed and where clinical trials have not yielded evidence that the drug does any appreciable good for the proposed purpose.

I’m all for people exercising personal choice when it comes to protecting themselves from a disease and in those cases in which one cannot take a vaccine because of medical reasons, then one must choose alternatives. But not all alternatives are equally established. And you know darn well that most who are refusing to get vaccinated are not refusing from evidence or prudence and that this has had serious consequences.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:37 pm

zeke5123 wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:04 pm
zeke5123 wrote:

You really are ignorant. The idea you are even bringing up equine medicine shows how uninformed you are on this topic. Calling ivermectin equine medicine is like calling milk cat food. Yes, ivermectin can be prescribed to horses. But I literally specified human dose above. And human doses have been given literally over a billion times to humans with a handful of adverse side effects. That is, human dose ivermectin is incredibly safe.

So yes, you are correct that if you overdose on medicine it can be harmful. But I’m not arguing you should overdose on medicine (I specifically said human dose). I’m arguing the following:

Given the above, from a risk perspective (ie no harm, potential upside) you’d be silly not to take it. That’s the point I made and you haven’t refuted (because from an individual perspective it’s a bit hard to refute).

But keep spouting off your idiotic talking point about equine medicine even if no one is talking about it. That’s why you are infected with politics; you are using a political talking point (people are taking horse paste) in a discussion literally no one was advocating for (ie the argument was taking human medicine from a risk perspective and your objection is it would be dumb to take horse mediocre — no shit Sherlock).
But you do not emphasize that there are no clinical trials as yet resulting in proof that ivermectin "in the proper dose" is effective for the purported purpose. "Some evidence" of effectiveness does not mean "fit for purpose." Allowance of personal risk is one consideration. But it strikes me as irrational to suppose that ivermectin will help given the current state of trials concerning its use as treatment for Covid. Also, are you sure there is no downside? Do we have the clinical trials that prove this or this an assumption?

As to the rest, I concede some irony and putting of foot in mouth. I accept the criticism of my reaction.

Jizz Mop

Post by Jizz Mop » Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:42 pm

This is an amazing thread

Fury posters doing their best to represent current day America…where everyone is an infectious disease expert despite no medical training.

Stlcrtn1974

Post by Stlcrtn1974 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:19 pm

Jizz Mop wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:42 pm

Fury posters doing their best to represent current day America…where everyone is an infectious disease expert despite no medical training.
😄

BouldernBun

Post by BouldernBun » Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:50 pm

Jizz Mop wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:42 pm

Stop it! No one needs some heretic spouting common sense and ruining a perfectly good 2021 ugly America style thread. Cretin. :lol:

beerbrother

Post by beerbrother » Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:37 pm

zeke5123 wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:18 pm

Who knows if true but BMJ published that a whistleblower came forward stating that Pfizer falsified records and broke protocols in their trials. A big deal if true. https://www.bmj.com/content/375/bmj.n2635

We don’t really have great data testing vaccine safety after the fact giving that the VAERS system is a fucking mess (it almost certainly is both over and under reported). My guess is the vaccines are generally safe but not perfectly safe.

For what it’s worth, I’m vaccinated with J&J (got it literally day before the pause — that was fun). But I won’t let my friend sleet get vaccinated in a year as risk-reward just seems terrible for small kids.
Thanks Zeke.

Strange that after months of silence I complain about VAERS not contacting me and they suddenly email me asking for more information.

Most people seem to have little issues with the vaccine. My wife gets ill for about 3-days after each shot. She had the booster a few weeks ago and felt worse that the 1st & 2nd shots. Had joint pain with the booster but said most of her seniors weren't bothered by the shot. My college age daughter has had no issues with any of them.

Wish there was better, more thorough independent testing. Completely agree about people evaluating the risk/reward for the wellbeing of themselves and others.

Saw Pfizer also has a covid pill that is supposed to cut hospital and death by 89 percent?
“These mandates that are going to be put in place by Jan. 4 really are coming on the tail end of this pandemic,” said Gottlieb, who’s also a former commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration. “By Jan. 4, this pandemic may well be over, at least as it relates to the United States after we get through this delta wave of infection. And we’ll be in a more endemic phase of this virus.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/05/pfizer- ... uary-.html
"Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity"

Rbleier

Post by Rbleier » Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:41 pm

Steelperch wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:15 am
I’m not sure why anyone still gives a rats ass if someone is vaccinated or not. Vaccinated people are getting covid at a very steady rate.
I had a vaccinated family member hospitalized with covid recently. The nurse said 80% of the people in the hospital with covid were vaccinated. A vaccine that doesn’t protect you from a disease is not a vaccine. But hey, keep sticking your chest out and claiming the moral high ground because you complied with tyrants. And make sure to get your bi-yearly booster shots. This message was sponsored by Pfizer.
I sat next to a nurse in the Nashville airport in July that said the same thing. I asked her how many of the 80% left the hospital versus the 20%. She shut the fuck up because apparently she wasn't smart enough to think it through before I asked. Moron # 1.

The I looked at your post claiming that 4 of 5 of the most vaccinated countries in the world had rising covid rates. Then I read the article. The entire point of the article was that the 4 of those 5 with rising rates used that piece of shit Chinese vaccine, and the ONE country that used Pfizer, Moderna, JnJ -- Israel -- DIDN'T have a rising rate, despite opening up their borders. Did you even read it, or are you just so fucking eager to have your bias confirmed that you'll just go with the headline? You have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. Moron # 2

El Kabong

Post by El Kabong » Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:08 am

R_S wrote:

Well there ARE people who've gone into farm supply stores and bought and taken the horse ivermectin and found themselves in need of hospital care as a result. It's not like that didn't happen.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire

El Kabong

Post by El Kabong » Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:10 am

Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:37 pm
zeke5123 wrote:

But you do not emphasize that there are no clinical trials as yet resulting in proof that ivermectin "in the proper dose" is effective for the purported purpose. "Some evidence" of effectiveness does not mean "fit for purpose." Allowance of personal risk is one consideration. But it strikes me as irrational to suppose that ivermectin will help given the current state of trials concerning its use as treatment for Covid. Also, are you sure there is no downside? Do we have the clinical trials that prove this or this an assumption?

As to the rest, I concede some irony and putting of foot in mouth. I accept the criticism of my reaction.
There is something about people not wanting to take a vaccine because it hasn't been tested enough and then going ahead and wanting to take ivermectin for covid which...hasn't been tested enough.
--Voltaire

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:17 am

El Kabong wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:08 am
R_S wrote:

Well there ARE people who've gone into farm supply stores and bought and taken the horse ivermectin and found themselves in need of hospital care as a result. It's not like that didn't happen.
You do know that that story was proven to be a load of shit…right?
“Ah, who cares about Seattle’s Space Needle? Dumb looking building, you can see the whole stupid town, built by some jagoff! Pittsburgh got Mt. Warshington, gorgeous hillside, beautiful views of the whole city, built by God…we win!” - Pittsburgh Dad

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:22 am

El Kabong wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:10 am
zeke5123 wrote:

There is something about people not wanting to take a vaccine because it hasn't been tested enough and then going ahead and wanting to take ivermectin for covid which...hasn't been tested enough.
Ivermectin was discovered in 1975 and came into medical use in 1981;[12][13] William Campbell and Satoshi Ōmura won the 2015 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine for its discovery and applications.[14] The medication is on the World Health Organization's List of Essential Medicines,[15] and is approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration as an antiparasitic agent.[16] In 2018, ivermectin was the 420th most commonly prescribed medication in the United States, with more than one hundred thousand prescriptions.[17] It is available as a generic medicine.[18][19]

You watch a lot of CNN, don’t ya?
“Ah, who cares about Seattle’s Space Needle? Dumb looking building, you can see the whole stupid town, built by some jagoff! Pittsburgh got Mt. Warshington, gorgeous hillside, beautiful views of the whole city, built by God…we win!” - Pittsburgh Dad

Rbleier

Post by Rbleier » Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:40 am

Jobu wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:22 am
El Kabong wrote:

Ivermectin was discovered in 1975 and came into medical use in 1981;[12][13] William Campbell and Satoshi Ōmura won the 2015 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine for its discovery and applications.[14] The medication is on the World Health Organization's List of Essential Medicines,[15] and is approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration as an antiparasitic agent.[16] In 2018, ivermectin was the 420th most commonly prescribed medication in the United States, with more than one hundred thousand prescriptions.[17] It is available as a generic medicine.[18][19]

Pay attention to what was written. It's approved. For de-worming. It has not been approved for covid, nor has it been studied in a double blind placebo controlled trial for covid. Ya know the highest bar kinda trials you Fox viewer types are trying to poo-poo for the actually effective vaccines.

LakecrestSteeler

Post by LakecrestSteeler » Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:45 am

The pill has been tested and tested since the 50’s to prevent parasites from growing in uteri….I wouldn’t take it for Covid!

Have you been listening to Joe?

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:57 am

Rbleier wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:40 am
Jobu wrote:
El Kabong wrote:

Pay attention to what was written. It's approved. For de-worming. It has not been approved for covid, nor has it been studied in a double blind placebo controlled trial for covid. Ya know the highest bar kinda trials you Fox viewer types are trying to poo-poo for the actually effective vaccines.
I’ve never watched FOX news in my life…I’m just smart enough to recognize lies when I hear them.
It’s a safe drug, been used to treat humans for years. Now whether or not it will be approved to treat COVID in the future remains to be seen. But the fact is that there are doctors out there prescribing it to treat the virus, and in a lot of cases it seems to have helped.

Rbleier

Post by Rbleier » Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:15 am

Jobu wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:57 am
Rbleier wrote:
Jobu wrote:

I’ve never watched FOX news in my life…I’m just smart enough to recognize lies when I hear them.
It’s a safe drug, been used to treat humans for years. Now whether or not it will be approved to treat COVID in the future remains to be seen. But the fact is that there are doctors out there prescribing it to treat the virus, and in a lot of cases it seems to have helped.
Lies about what? The key word is "seems". By the standard the FDA sets to put a drug on the market for a particular disease, there is no proof. Those standards exist for a reason. Mainly so no company can claim their drug works unless they've proven it, and to ensure it's safe to use in humans. The safe part for the de-wormer is proven because it's more general -- put it in your body, and it gives X% hives, cough, headache, etc. That doesn't count for efficacy in a certain condition. Otherwise, I could just start taking Viagra for my high cholesterol instead of Lipitor because a few physicians are prescribing it that way -- hey, they've got happy patients. Total mistake to rely on what Joe Average Doc on the street thinks. One step above what you and I think -- they don't have the specific training or knowledge to make the judgment, or the training to conduct an unbiased assessment of effectiveness .

SteelPro

Post by SteelPro » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:50 am

Rbleier wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:15 am
Jobu wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:57 am
Rbleier wrote:

Lies about what? The key word is "seems". By the standard the FDA sets to put a drug on the market for a particular disease, there is no proof. Those standards exist for a reason. Mainly so no company can claim their drug works unless they've proven it, and to ensure it's safe to use in humans. The safe part for the de-wormer is proven because it's more general -- put it in your body, and it gives X% hives, cough, headache, etc. That doesn't count for efficacy in a certain condition. Otherwise, I could just start taking Viagra for my high cholesterol instead of Lipitor because a few physicians are prescribing it that way -- hey, they've got happy patients. Total mistake to rely on what Joe Average Doc on the street thinks. One step above what you and I think -- they don't have the specific training or knowledge to make the judgment, or the training to conduct an unbiased assessment of effectiveness .
I’m going to talk in generalities here and not specific to COVID. Off label usage of drugs and other treatments is not uncommon at all. I’d bet my house the majority of medical doctors have at one time or another prescribed a drug for an off label use. A lot people would be dead if they had to wait for FDA approval on everything. 80% of oncologists report having used off label drugs for cancer treatment. So let’s not pretend the FDA is the gospel when it comes to recommended usage and efficacy of pharmaceuticals.

This is straight from cancer.org:

Older, generic (non-brand name) medicines are the ones most often used off label. New uses for these drugs may have been found and there’s often medical evidence from research studies to support the new use. But it’s often too costly for the makers of the drugs to put them through the formal, lengthy, and expensive process required by the FDA to officially approve the drug for new uses.

Off-label drug use is common in cancer treatment because:

Some cancer drugs are found to work against many different kinds of tumors.

Chemotherapy treatments often combine drugs. These combinations might include one or more drugs not approved for that disease. Also, drug combinations change over time as doctors study different ones to find out which work best.

Cancer treatment is always changing and improving.

Oncologists (cancer doctors) and their patients are often faced with problems that have few approved treatment options. This is especially true for less common types of cancer.

Oncologists and their patients may be more willing to try off-label drugs than other medical specialties.

https://www.cancer.org/treatment/treatm ... g-use.html
People who quote themselves look like dogs who lick their balls

- Deebo referring to SteelerDayTrader

jebrick

Post by jebrick » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:51 pm

The standard dose for ivermectin for humans is 3mg or 6mg https://www.drugs.com/pro/ivermectin-tablets.html

There have been very flawed studies in humans with ivermectin, One that has since been pulled was in Africa showing improvements for patients given ivermectin when they were in the hospital with Covid. What was found that a vast majority of these people also had parasites and that ivermectin killed the parasites which gave the body more of a chance to fight covid.

Another study, was in vitro (https://www.verywellhealth.com/what-is- ... al-3132872) meaning a cell study in a test tube. It did show that in 30MG of ivermectin did work on killing Covid. Realize that 10-15 mg is considered toxic to humans. Also realize that in a test tube, bleach and high radiation will also kill coivd.

https://xkcd.com/1217/
“If you see the handwriting on the wall, you’re in the toilet.”

- Fred Sanford

Jizz Mop

Post by Jizz Mop » Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:13 pm

This thread is truly epic

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:33 pm

The best lines from SNL roasting Rodgers yesterday.

:lol:

"It's gotten so bad that State Farm called and they're not even offering me the Rodgers rate."

"I never lied. I took all my teammates into a huddle, got all their faces three inches away from my wet mouth, and told them, 'Trust me. I'm more of less immunized. Go team!'"

"At the end of the day my record is still 7-1. Meaning of the eight people I've infected, seven are fine."
“The young girls strut their hips in the sun, from the brick streets of Whiting to the gates of St. John.”

Harvey Woodlawn

SteelPro

Post by SteelPro » Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:10 pm

K_C_ wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:33 pm
The best lines from SNL roasting Rodgers yesterday.

:lol:

"It's gotten so bad that State Farm called and they're not even offering me the Rodgers rate."

"I never lied. I took all my teammates into a huddle, got all their faces three inches away from my wet mouth, and told them, 'Trust me. I'm more of less immunized. Go team!'"

"At the end of the day my record is still 7-1. Meaning of the eight people I've infected, seven are fine."
It was a very funny cold open. And that new cast member doing the Trump impersonating now is incredible. If you were just listening you’d swear it was actually Trump.
People who quote themselves look like dogs who lick their balls

- Deebo referring to SteelerDayTrader

El Kabong

Post by El Kabong » Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:10 pm

Jobu wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:17 am
El Kabong wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:08 am
R_S wrote:

You do know that that story was proven to be a load of shit…right?
https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/2021102 ... or-covid#1

No I don't know that.
--Voltaire

jebrick

Post by jebrick » Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:10 pm

There would be none of the shit Rogers is getting now if he just had the balls to tell the truth.
“If you see the handwriting on the wall, you’re in the toilet.”

- Fred Sanford

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic