The Pivot - Tomlin Interview

Discussions. Still no racial epithets or political campaigning. Don’t bring any of this back to the sports boards. What’s said in FFA, stays in FFA.
Professor Half Wit

Re: The Pivot - Tomlin Interview

Post by Professor Half Wit » Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:42 pm

When facts contradict the theory, the theory has to go.

“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

El Kabong

Post by El Kabong » Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:06 am

955876 wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:42 am

What’s actually relevant and would be soooo much more interesting to talk about how his replacement is doing.
Better than Trump would be.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire

Post by 955876 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:26 am

I suppose. If you say so. But then, you’d have to explain say for example why you think allowing hundreds of thousands upon thousands of migrants to illegally cross our borders on a monthly basis only to be put into our tax payer funded welfare system then put on a plane, train, or automobile to a city near you in the dead of the night is a better policy than we had under Trump.

Would you like to be the first to explain to me how what we have now is better policy?

I mean, we don’t have to speculate here. There is after all what both have “put on tape” in terms of policy. Very easy to do a then vs. now.

Is oil a better topic?
Jibbs: The Road to Nowhere Leads to Me…

COR-TEN

Post by COR-TEN » Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:05 pm

DP39 wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:35 pm
Nuff said between us, as far as I'm concerned.
And yet you mention me responding to someone else?
have I ever come on here and told you how to teach or told Cor-Tn how to handle himself in conference rooms with Titans of Industry ((in the past, I believe he's posted about such experiences and his distain for those folks, and it's also why I felt comfortable coming to an educated guess (bc I've observed over the years) that he probably hasn't spent 100's of hours in the homes of poor, crime & drug infested, inner-city, black men, observing and having real convos with them -- Tier 1 conference rooms and real, personal insight into poor, inner-city homes rarely cross paths...I could be wrong, I guess))?
So I guess I'm not supposed to respond to this?
Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are, the pigeon is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

El Kabong

Post by El Kabong » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:26 am

955876 wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:26 am
I suppose. If you say so. But then, you’d have to explain say for example why you think allowing hundreds of thousands upon thousands of migrants to illegally cross our borders on a monthly basis only to be put into our tax payer funded welfare system then put on a plane, train, or automobile to a city near you in the dead of the night is a better policy than we had under Trump.

Would you like to be the first to explain to me how what we have now is better policy?

I mean, we don’t have to speculate here. There is after all what both have “put on tape” in terms of policy. Very easy to do a then vs. now.

Is oil a better topic?
Why don't you give me links to these illegal immigration and oil concerns. Under US law, non-citizens are allowed to come here to seek asylum. Are the illegal immigrants you're talking about different from that?

In the meantime, I recall that when Trump took office, Republicans had control of both houses of Congress, and the very first thing they tried to do was repeal Obamacare. The Congressional Budget Office calculated that repealing Obamacare would result in 22 million people losing their health care. And I do not believe it to be an exaggeration at all to say that some number of people who lose their health care will die for lack of it, which means the very first thing Trump tried to do was take away peoples' health care and kill people. Only the fact that three Republican Senators voted against the repeal, they being McCain, Murkowski, and Collins, prevented 22 million people from losing their health care, some of whom I'm sure would have died. I am comfortable that Biden is not actively trying to kill anyone.

Then there's Trump's border "wall", which he swore up and down during the campaign that Mexico would pay for. Surprise! WE paid for that! The fact that the fence messed with the environment, interrupting the natural migration of species, the fact it's not all that effective, the fact that he redirected funding supposed to go to military projects in a legally questionable way to pay for it.

Maybe we could talk about the way he mused about using nukes to stop hurricanes, how people might inject detergent or somehow use UV light inside the body to fight covid.

Maybe we could talk about the way he's been lying his ass off since the election claiming he really won but was cheated, the way he's been fundraising off of it to enrich himself, telling people to donate so he can fight this horrible injustice, but the money just goes into his pocket.

So many things to talk about with Trump, so little time. He was and is a disaster. I'll stick with Biden, thanks.
--Voltaire

Ice

Post by Ice » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:22 am

Apparently in a segment that didn't make it to tape, Tomlin said the loss in SB45 likely cost Hines Ward the Hall of Fame, or at least that, had the Steelers won, Hines would be in already. Certainly wouldn't have hurt his chances.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

Kodiak.

Post by Kodiak. » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:16 am

Ice wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:22 am
Apparently in a segment that didn't make it to tape, Tomlin said the loss in SB45 likely cost Hines Ward the Hall of Fame, or at least that, had the Steelers won, Hines would be in already. Certainly wouldn't have hurt his chances.
Hines is just easing his way in
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weighty downs...the lifeblood of ball possession

Ice

Post by Ice » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:39 am

Would definitely like to see him get in. One of my favorite Steelers.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

Post by 955876 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:06 pm

Why don't you give me links to these illegal immigration and oil concerns. Under US law, non-citizens are allowed to come here to seek asylum. Are the illegal immigrants you're talking about different from that?
Links? You really need links to know or discuss those topics? Are you not aware of the massive spike in oil & gas ir the massive numbers (record numbers) pouring across our southern border on a monthly basis?

And the fact you mentioned “asylum” shows several things. First being that if you repeat a lie enough many (you) will believe it. The asylum claim is used as a loophole by the offenders and as an excuse by the left and the liberal media that supports them.

And given that you led with “asylum” it really shows you are already waaay behind to even debate this.

Do you know what an asylum claim is? It is a claim made by someone seeking refuge from persecution. That generally means escaping hostility, imprisonment, violence, torture, rape, death due to race or political or religious beliefs.

So I suppose you can inform me which country exactly are the hundreds upon thousands coming each month are escaping from?

And here is another thing with asylum. Technically when seeking asylum you ask for such in the first country you land in after escaping that persecution in your home country.

Mexico isnt doing that to its citizens. But folks aren’t coming from just Mexico. They are also coming from central & South America, Africa, the Caribbean, Middle East, China etc why aren’t they seeking asylum in the first country they land?

The asylum claim is a bogus one. Now I believe in offering asylum. But this mass assault on our southern border isn’t that.

Not even close.

How many people have died in this country fro. Fetanyl overdose? Is that a problem to you? What about human trafficking?

Our southern border is being controlled by the drug cartels. They are being enriched by this open border policy. As is China where the fetanyl comes from. Into Mexico and into our country. That is bad policy guy.

I don’t need articles to support that. As a citizen of this country you apprarently support this policy. You voted for it and I’m sure you’ll vote for it again. Fetanyl deaths are a major fallout from that decision.

Oil?? You need articles to discuss that? Oil has been going up from the moment he took office. A full year + from Putin’s invasion. Oil was already up by like 60% when Putin crossed into Ukraine.

Biden said in campaign trail and I quote “I guarantee you, I guarantee you that I will put an end to fossil fuels”. Then, his very first action less than an hour after his ass hit the Oval Office was to cancel Keystone. And he didn’t stop there. That began the immediate climb in energy prices.

But hey, he signed off on Putin’s pipeline. Explain that one.

I cited those two issues because they are huge current issues for multitudes of reasons. We had a more secure border under Trump (by far) as well as a much better energy policy.

Now we have a border being overrun and energy prices spiraling out of control.

Meanwhile the “border czar” Harris has done nothing while Biden has begged Venezuela and the Saudi’s to pump more oil.

Oil produced in a much less clean manner than we do here. So not even good for the greenies.

Bad enegy policy
Bad border policy
Thousands upon thousands of fetanyl deaths.

Those are real things.

By oh noes, Trump said something dumb about a hurricane.

And the Obamacare thing?? It didn’t get overturned so why bring it up? That isn’t impacting “we the people” as are the things I’ve mentioned.

And who cares if Mexico didn’t pay for the wall?

Pay for a walk or pay for a lifetime of welfare. Pssssst, the wall cost much less.

These people coming in will receive lifetime benefits in many cases. Free college. They are already getting free healthcare.

No other country is allowing that. Canada most certainly doesn’t. Australia most certainly doesn’t.

So as a citizen, as a tax payer, why do YOU think these policies are better?

You are literally saying that you vote and choose to have an open border. So you choose to have mass fetanyl deaths? You choose to pay lifetime welfare?

You choose to beg Venezuela to pump more oil instead of employing more Americans to do so?

Take away Republican/Democrat or Trump/Biden and just look at the actual policies.

I can guarantee if the script was flipped and the left supported a strong border and a strong US energy policy by golly you would to.

I form my opinion first and go with the side to at aligns with that.

You seem to pick a side and accept whatever they tell you to accept.

It must be that way because I find it nearly impossible to see how anyone could agree with things such as the current border policy or relying on countries not friendly to us for their dirty oil.

Stillchest

Post by Stillchest » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:59 pm

955876 wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:06 pm
Links? You really need links to know or discuss those topics? Are you not aware of the massive spike in oil & gas ir the massive numbers (record numbers) pouring across our southern border on a monthly basis?

And the fact you mentioned “asylum” shows several things. First being that if you repeat a lie enough many (you) will believe it. The asylum claim is used as a loophole by the offenders and as an excuse by the left and the liberal media that supports them.

And given that you led with “asylum” it really shows you are already waaay behind to even debate this.

Do you know what an asylum claim is? It is a claim made by someone seeking refuge from persecution. That generally means escaping hostility, imprisonment, violence, torture, rape, death due to race or political or religious beliefs.

So I suppose you can inform me which country exactly are the hundreds upon thousands coming each month are escaping from?

And here is another thing with asylum. Technically when seeking asylum you ask for such in the first country you land in after escaping that persecution in your home country.

Mexico isnt doing that to its citizens. But folks aren’t coming from just Mexico. They are also coming from central & South America, Africa, the Caribbean, Middle East, China etc why aren’t they seeking asylum in the first country they land?

The asylum claim is a bogus one. Now I believe in offering asylum. But this mass assault on our southern border isn’t that.

Not even close.

How many people have died in this country fro. Fetanyl overdose? Is that a problem to you? What about human trafficking?

Our southern border is being controlled by the drug cartels. They are being enriched by this open border policy. As is China where the fetanyl comes from. Into Mexico and into our country. That is bad policy guy.

I don’t need articles to support that. As a citizen of this country you apprarently support this policy. You voted for it and I’m sure you’ll vote for it again. Fetanyl deaths are a major fallout from that decision.

Oil?? You need articles to discuss that? Oil has been going up from the moment he took office. A full year + from Putin’s invasion. Oil was already up by like 60% when Putin crossed into Ukraine.

Biden said in campaign trail and I quote “I guarantee you, I guarantee you that I will put an end to fossil fuels”. Then, his very first action less than an hour after his ass hit the Oval Office was to cancel Keystone. And he didn’t stop there. That began the immediate climb in energy prices.

I cited those two issues because they are huge current issues for multitudes of reasons. We had a more secure border under Trump (by far) as well as a much better energy policy.

Meanwhile the “border czar” Harris has done nothing while Biden has begged Venezuela and the Saudi’s to pump more oil.

Oil produced in a much less clean manner than we do here. So not even good for the greenies.

Bad enegy policy
Bad border policy

Those are real things.

And the Obamacare thing?? It didn’t get overturned so why bring it up? That isn’t impacting “we the people” as are the things I’ve mentioned.

Pay for a walk or pay for a lifetime of welfare. Pssssst, the wall cost much less.

These people coming in will receive lifetime benefits in many cases. Free college. They are already getting free healthcare.

No other country is allowing that. Canada most certainly doesn’t. Australia most certainly doesn’t.

You are literally saying that you vote and choose to have an open border. So you choose to have mass fetanyl deaths? You choose to pay lifetime welfare?

You choose to beg Venezuela to pump more oil instead of employing more Americans to do so?

Take away Republican/Democrat or Trump/Biden and just look at the actual policies.

I can guarantee if the script was flipped and the left supported a strong border and a strong US energy policy by golly you would to.

It must be that way because I find it nearly impossible to see how anyone could agree with things such as the current border policy or relying on countries not friendly to us for their dirty oil.
Absolutely, correct.

Only a fool who has fallen for the divisive propaganda created by the MSM and corrupt DC. establishment continually, engage in partisan politics and support the current policies, that are destroying American society.

Stosh-67

Post by Stosh-67 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:11 pm

Stosh-67

Post by Stosh-67 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:25 pm

955876 wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:06 pm

Not even close.

Bad enegy policy
Bad border policy

Those are real things.

Dead on.
Biggest problem in this country when it comes to voting is.................

People choosing Party over Policy.
It's insane.

The border is a highway to "Free" Nothing more.
In exchange for a future vote................to keep the cushy politicians in a lifetime of luxaury.
Welfare, subsidized housing, food stamps, free healthcare, cell phones, free or highly discounted tuition,

Its all bad policy.
We went from 458,000 illegal crossings in 2020.....
To 1,735,000 in 2021..........almost 4X as many. Pure bad policy.
And if the 1,735,000 is not insane...........
2022 is on pace for around 2.5 million.

They do not give a shit about the women and young girls that will be molested, raped, or trafficked en route.
They do not care about the thousands and thousands of life savings handed to the cartel for bringing them up.
They do not care about the record number of fentanyl overdoses this past year...........100,000+ ( including my brother in 2021 )
They do not care about the damage to those border towns and communities, peoples properties being damaged, crops being damaged.
So what, 50+ criminals on the terror list have been caught trying to cross............how many did not get caught.

While we have record homeless and vet issues that are ignored. Out of control crime, mental health, etc....etc....

But hey, hope some future votes come our way.
The rest is just collateral damage.

Stosh-67

Post by Stosh-67 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:35 pm

Border, Crime, Drugs, Gasoline, home heating and cooling, baby formula, food shortages are coming...........inflation up the wazooh
Cost of building materials.......
Cost of EVERYTHING.

These items seem small when we look at the biggest problem.........

Because the scariest part of the current disaster is......
The mental state of the leader of the free world.

And we can not even hope for the 25th amendment to remove the daily embarrassments of Joe Biden,
since the least qualified, highest appointed leader in the history of this country is next in line.
Joe Biden can not put three sentences together without stumbling, using the wrong words, pausing or creating "Walk back" responses fro the press secretary. And this is mostly after trying to read the teleprompter or cue cards. And this is understandable, given his age and obvious mental decline.
We new this 6month to a year before the election.

On the other hand..............
KH can not speak with out a teleprompter. She will often use the same talking point or catch phrase in every other sentence.
She will arrogantly laugh off tuff questions............because she can not articulate elaborate constructive thoughts.

How far we have fallen.
Things will get worse before they get better.

I sure hope people start voting for competence and common sense over red white and blue donkeys or elephants
Last edited by Stosh-67 on Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 955876 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:45 pm

Biggest problem in this country when it comes to voting is.................

People choosing Party over Policy.
It's insane.
Yep. It’s why I look at policy 1st, 2nd, and 3rd before figuring which side of an issue I’m on.

Pretty moderate for many things.

There are few moderates on the left though.

JFK would look like an extreme conservative these days.

Shit, so would Bill Clinton in many instances.

Bad policy is bad policy.

Many need to come to the realization that before they declare themselves a Republican or a democrat and pledge allegiance to that side they should first remember they are an American, a tax payer (well, some of us) and more importantly part of the group that makes up “we the people”.

A simple exercise when looking at policy is to ask yourself who benefits most from said policy?

Do “we the people” benefit from Biden’s border or energy policy?

That was a rhetorical question as the answer is painfully obvious.

The man did swear an oath to uphold the laws of this country.

Which law covers this open border invasion that is taking place?

I do solemnly swear….

Stosh-67

Post by Stosh-67 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:14 pm

Many people have little idea of the disaster happening at the border and the amount of people coming in..........

to put in perspective, the illegal entrants into this country is on pace to be a staggering 2.5 million this year.

That's more than the entire population of 16 individual states.

37 New Mexico 2,109,093
38 Nebraska 1,960,790
39 Idaho 1,896,652
40 West Virginia 1,755,715
41 Hawaii 1,401,709
42 New Hampshire 1,378,449
43 Maine 1,359,677
44 Montana 1,093,117
45 Rhode Island 1,062,583
46 Delaware 998,619
47 South Dakota 902,542
48 North Dakota 774,008
49 Alaska 720,763
50 District of Columbia 718,355
51 Vermont 622,882 8
52 Wyoming 582,233

And one more thing, and I do not recall what president of what South American country it was.
I believe Honduras.............
He said his country is being depleted of entire generations of young, working class people that will no longer be part of helping run and produce for his country. A detriment to the economy

Post by 955876 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:32 pm

Haven’t you heard, these people are simply escaping violent political persecution.

All 2.5 million of them.

Problem is, which countries is it that they are escaping this persecution?

I dunno.

Kabong must however. I’ll wait for his reply.

Kodiak.

Post by Kodiak. » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:21 pm

Stosh-67 wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:14 pm
to put in perspective, the illegal entrants into this country is on pace to be a staggering 2.5 million this year.

Coincidentally [or perhaps not] we have a shortage of low-skill, low-wage workers....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

El Kabong

Post by El Kabong » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:14 am

955876 wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:32 pm
Haven’t you heard, these people are simply escaping violent political persecution.

All 2.5 million of them.

Problem is, which countries is it that they are escaping this persecution?

I dunno.

Kabong must however. I’ll wait for his reply.
First of all, maybe someday you will realize that in order to win elections, the Republican party feels the need to motivate their base, and the way they do this is with hatred and fear. In order to get people so angry and afraid, they always need boogeymen. Be afraid! Be very afraid! And then vote Republican!!!!!

So now the boogeymen are immigrants. Be afraid of immigrants! And vote Republican!!!!!

https://www.cato.org/blog/bidens-border ... en-borders
Practically since his first week in office, President Joe Biden has faced repeated criticisms from Republicans and some Democrats that his border policy amounts to “open borders.” This criticism is not simply inaccurate: it is unhinged from reality in a way that distinguishes itself from normal political hyperbole. Indeed, U.S. immigration policy is effectively closed borders, and Biden’s immigration policies and goals are largely the same as those of President Donald Trump.
President Biden has not suddenly ended America’s immigration prohibition and opened up U.S. borders to almost anyone who wants to come
Biden is on pace to admit the fewest refugees in the history of the U.S. refugee program, fewer than 10,000.
The Biden administration has smashed all records for immediate expulsions without due process, increasing the rate from 62,000 per month under Trump to about 100,000
Ultimately, Biden has made a policy choice to let in as few immigrants as possible. He’s not simply “enforcing the law.” He’s finding every way possible to keep out immigrants. Yet despite this fact, he’s still facing the same tired claims that he’s for “open borders.” If he’s going to get that claim regardless, he should just own it. Open America’s doors, and let immigrants come legally.
Now, 95, if you disagree with this article, then I want you to tell me EXACTLY what border policies of Biden's you disagree with, not some random "Look what's happening at the border, and it's all Biden's fault!"

And while you're at it, tell me EXACTLY what energy policies of Biden's you disagree with, not some "gas prices are too high and it's all Biden's fault!"

And while you're at it, you might try not falling for being afraid of every boogeyman the Republican party puts up to scare you.
--Voltaire

El Kabong

Post by El Kabong » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:20 am

955876 wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:45 pm

JFK would look like an extreme conservative these days.

That is crap, and it's the exact opposite. The Republican party has been moving farther to the right all the time and it is so ridiculously radically extreme right now.

Consider the fact that Nixon, a Republican, created the EPA, a big government program designed to protect the environment. Imagine if there was no EPA today, and Biden wanted to create one. What would be the Republican response today? It's Socialism! It's tyranny! The Dems are trying to take away all of our rights with their big Socialist government program!

The Republican party is far more conservative than they were in Nixon's time, and if anything, the Dems have been pulled to the right too.
--Voltaire

El Kabong

Post by El Kabong » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:23 am

Stosh-67 wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:35 pm
Border, Crime, Drugs, Gasoline, home heating and cooling, baby formula, food shortages are coming...........inflation up the wazooh
Cost of EVERYTHING.

And we can not even hope for the 25th amendment to remove the daily embarrassments of Joe Biden,
since the least qualified, highest appointed leader in the history of this country is next in line.
Joe Biden can not put three sentences together without stumbling, using the wrong words, pausing or creating "Walk back" responses fro the press secretary. And this is mostly after trying to read the teleprompter or cue cards. And this is understandable, given his age and obvious mental decline.

KH can not speak with out a teleprompter. She will often use the same talking point or catch phrase in every other sentence.
She will arrogantly laugh off tuff questions............because she can not articulate elaborate constructive thoughts.

How far we have fallen.

I sure hope people start voting for competence and common sense over red white and blue donkeys or elephants
Biden's mental capabilities are just fine. That's why I mentioned Trump and his "nuke the hurricanes" and trying to cure people of covid with UV light and injecting disinfectant. It's TRUMP'S mental state you should be concerned about. I'll take Biden's mental capabilities over Trump's any day.

And please explain exactly what Biden did to cause this inflation. What specific policy did Biden inact that caused inflation, not some random "we have inflation and it's all Biden's fault!"
--Voltaire

Kodiak.

Post by Kodiak. » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:33 am

El Kabong wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:20 am
and if anything, the Dems have been pulled to the right too.
funniest thing anyone will read today

Even Bill Maher is like - woah, the progressives are NUTS!!!

Stosh-67

Post by Stosh-67 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:29 pm

El Kabong wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:23 am
Stosh-67 wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:35 pm
Cost of EVERYTHING.

How far we have fallen.

Biden's mental capabilities are just fine. That's why I mentioned Trump and his "nuke the hurricanes" and trying to cure people of covid with UV light and injecting disinfectant. It's TRUMP'S mental state you should be concerned about. I'll take Biden's mental capabilities over Trump's any day.

And please explain exactly what Biden did to cause this inflation. What specific policy did Biden inact that caused inflation, not some random "we have inflation and it's all Biden's fault!"

You missed this one as the funniest thing you read yesterday.....
A comment that caused this thread to Jump the Shark and be moved to Free for All.

"Biden's mental capabilities are just fine". EKB 6.27.22

You can not be serious.
The President of the United States is holding a card with instruction for him.
There are 6 items listed for him to do.......
and 4 of those 6 are instructions given to 1st thru 5th graders ...........; Enter and Say hello, Sit, Thank people, Depart.
Very similar to Come, Sit, Stay, Go......
Last edited by Stosh-67 on Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stosh-67

Post by Stosh-67 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:34 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_San_ ... %20history.
On June 27, 2022, 46 bodies were discovered in a tractor-trailer near Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas, United States.[1] The deaths reportedly occurred during an apparent illegal migrant smuggling attempt in South Texas and it is the deadliest smuggling incident of its kind in United States' history.
That right wing boogeyman must have had something to do with those people dying in the back of a trailor.
During the fiscal year of 2022, there has been a record amount of migrants crossing the U.S.-Mexico border, where authorities are on pace to record more than 2 million arrests
It will hit 2.5 million

illegal immigration arrests at the border in May rose to the highest levels ever recorded

Damn Wikipublican
No problems at the border.

Highest ever recorded crossings.
Highest ever Fentanyl deaths.
5x the number of illegals form 2020.

This tragedy is not to far removed from........
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_Impe ... _car_crash
On March 2, 2021, an SUV (having entered the United States from Mexico through a hole in a border fence) and carrying 25 people collided with a semi-trailer truck in Imperial County, California, U.S., killing 13 people.
I believe someone told Biden to stop building the wall.
Sections of wall left open........A clear sign that the border is open.

and....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiapas_truck_crash
On December 9, 2021, a traffic accident occurred in the Mexican state of Chiapas when a freight truck smuggling over 180 migrants overturned and hit a bridge.[1] At least 55 people were killed, and over a hundred were injured.
I believe the number of deaths in the last year is closing in on 800.....
Another record, maybe double previous years.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:06 pm

It’s quite funny how people think whatever bothers them the most must be the most important issue there is.

Governing is hard bc there are many legitimate competing claims to most urgent problem and how to make these competing claims commensurate.

I don’t think anyone is arguing that Biden is going to go down as some top tier president.

He does have the virtue of not trying to subvert democracy tho. I’d rank that up there with border integrity in importance. Maybe even slightly higher. :lol:
“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

Post by 955876 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:58 pm

Hmmm let’s see, state voting laws in many states required a vote from the state legislature to allow for mass mail in voting.

Those votes didn’t occur and that law was overlooked.

Then they said we can’t possibly match signatures on all these mail in ballots. And how could they, without providing no signature via the absentee process they don’t know what sig would even remotely be legit.

So all those ballots counted.

And you are talking about subverting democracy.

We have these laws for a reason. They were ignored

And please don’t come back with “show me the evidence”. The things I just mentioned is simply matter of fact.

The evidence to actually prove bogus votes were counted could only come via a complete forensic accounting of all voting machines and those mass mail in ballots.

It would take a long time and wasn’t done. So there can’t be “evidence”.

Convenient.

But if you are ok with the results then democracy wasn’t subverted. Biden got his “victory” and here we are. Nothing can be done about it at this point.

Topics such as the border and energy are however matters of policy and could literally be changed tomorrow is the stammering fool would just change his policy.

His policy decisions are impacting Americans in a very real way right now. What happened onnJanuary 6th isn’t.

That is why IMO it’s much more relevant and important.

January 6th is being used to apply the classic “don’t look over here, look over there”.

Anything to get eyes and minds off of the current admins awful policies that are generating awful results.

Post by 955876 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:03 pm

Biden's mental capabilities are just fine.
When he can read exactly from a script on a teleprompter sure.

The news you watch certainly isn’t showing all the times he is asked questions off script and stammers and stumbles his way through them.

And the news I watch certainly isn’t employing Hollywood special effects artist to create those clips in case that was going to be the retort.

Post by 955876 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:24 pm

Ummm, during the campaign he said and I quote “I guarantee you. I GUARANTEE YOU, that I will put an end to fossil fuels”.

That’s a pretty big shot across the bow to the energy companies is it not?

Then, the moment his ass hit the seat in the Oval Office literally the first thing he did was cancel Keystone pipeline.

There has been pressure out on banks not to lend to energy companies.

We could go on here.

The simple fact is that his admin came in hostile toward the energy sector from moment one.

Energy production is very capital intensive. What do you think happens to prices when the government of the country you do business comes out point blank and says “my goal is to put you out of business”?

Look at oil prices. They started to climb the day he took office. In fact, increased by like 60% from his inauguration up to the day Putin invaded Ukraine.

So those bogus claims this is “Putin’s price hike” is nonsense.

Now I’m not saying Putin and Ukraine haven’t exasperated the problem and made it worse. It has.

But Biden and his anti-energy policies certainly got the ball rolling.

And then what does he do??

He begs the Saudi’s and Venezuela to pump more oil. Dirtier oil.

Genius.

He could have been meeting with US energy producers (pssst, Trump would have) but instead is off to the Persian Gulf with hat in hand.

Ya, he isn’t responsible at all….

COR-TEN

Post by COR-TEN » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:35 pm

Kodiak. wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:33 am
El Kabong wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:20 am
and if anything, the Dems have been pulled to the right too.

Bill Maher is an arrogant, self centered opportunist. And I'll take a page from your playbook. "Anybody that listens to Bill Maher and uses it in a debate has their head in their ass. A dumbfuck that doesn't know shit from shinola."
Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are, the pigeon is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:40 pm

955876 wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:58 pm
Hmmm let’s see, state voting laws in many states required a vote from the state legislature to allow for mass mail in voting.

Those votes didn’t occur and that law was overlooked.

Then they said we can’t possibly match signatures on all these mail in ballots. And how could they, without providing no signature via the absentee process they don’t know what sig would even remotely be legit.

So all those ballots counted.

And you are talking about subverting democracy.

We have these laws for a reason. They were ignored

And please don’t come back with “show me the evidence”. The things I just mentioned is simply matter of fact.

The evidence to actually prove bogus votes were counted could only come via a complete forensic accounting of all voting machines and those mass mail in ballots.

It would take a long time and wasn’t done. So there can’t be “evidence”.

Convenient.

But if you are ok with the results then democracy wasn’t subverted. Biden got his “victory” and here we are. Nothing can be done about it at this point.

Topics such as the border and energy are however matters of policy and could literally be changed tomorrow is the stammering fool would just change his policy.

His policy decisions are impacting Americans in a very real way right now. What happened onnJanuary 6th isn’t.

That is why IMO it’s much more relevant and important.

January 6th is being used to apply the classic “don’t look over here, look over there”.

Anything to get eyes and minds off of the current admins awful policies that are generating awful results.
Uh oh.

Someone isn't following the Jan 6 hearings.

95, we already had this out once. You know I think and defended myself with sensible things. We both know every judge laughed all "theories" out of court. But you keep posting.

Kodiak.

Post by Kodiak. » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:55 pm

COR-TEN wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:35 pm
Bill Maher is an arrogant, self centered opportunist. And I'll take a page from your playbook. "Anybody that listens to Bill Maher and uses it in a debate has their head in their ass. A dumbfuck that doesn't know shit from shinola."
He's a card-carrying Leftist. It's notable when one of Hollywood's most progressive talking heads/comedians says "woah, you guys are too crazy even for me".

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic