Crooked city

Discussions. Still no racial epithets or political campaigning. Don’t bring any of this back to the sports boards. What’s said in FFA, stays in FFA.
SteelerDayTrader

Re: Crooked city

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:05 pm

At least 24 weeks off

MAYBE 20 hrs a week of legit work the rest of those

55k is extraordinary for that kind of “workload”

Colts Draft 2024
1 Terrion Arnold DB
2 T’Vondre Sweat DL
3 Isaac Guerendo RB/WR
4 Tykee Smith DB
5 Ainias Smith WR/RB
6 KT Leveston OL
7 Ulumoo Ale DL/OL

Gorilla Warfare

🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:18 pm

SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:05 pm
At least 24 weeks off

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok, Professor. You'd know. :lol:

It's like you think all we do is show up to class and then go home. Brilliant!
“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

SteelerDayTrader

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:53 pm

Professor Half Wit wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:18 pm
SteelerDayTrader wrote:
At least 24 weeks off

Lolololz

Funny how you can’t really dispute anything I’ve said

🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍😎😎🦍🦍😎🦍🦍🦍😎🦍🦍🦍🦍
Colts Draft 2024
1 Terrion Arnold DB
2 T’Vondre Sweat DL
3 Isaac Guerendo RB/WR
4 Tykee Smith DB
5 Ainias Smith WR/RB
6 KT Leveston OL
7 Ulumoo Ale DL/OL

Gorilla Warfare

🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

Post by 955876 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:22 pm

Uh oh.

When debt is forgiven it’s treated as ordinary income.

Sooooo if these student loans are forgiven then these people will (or should) owe taxes on the amount forgiven.

Is the gov going to forgive the taxes too?

No free lunch folks.
Jibbs: The Road to Nowhere Leads to Me…

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:43 pm

SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:53 pm
SteelerDayTrader wrote:
At least 24 weeks off

Lolololz

🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍😎😎🦍🦍😎🦍🦍🦍😎🦍🦍🦍🦍
I did. You ignored it. Troll on, baby.

You're a smugly ignorant buffoon.

A troll I'm done feeding. I'll let others who are following the thread decide which of us is more credible.
“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

COR-TEN

Post by COR-TEN » Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:32 pm

Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:43 pm
SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:53 pm

Lolololz

🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍😎😎🦍🦍😎🦍🦍🦍😎🦍🦍🦍🦍
I did. You ignored it. Troll on, baby.

You're a smugly ignorant buffoon.

A troll I'm done feeding. I'll let others who are following the thread decide which of us is more credible.
Credibility is irrelevant in today's public discourse, or society for that matter. It depends entirely on which "side" you stand, or how arrogantly selfish and narcissistic you are. But Buffoon works. . . :D
Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are, the pigeon is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:21 pm

SteelerDayTrader wrote:
At least 24 weeks off

LOLOLOLOL

Found a photo of STD. Turns out his real name is Brandon.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:36 pm

Holy shit, Brandon is also a Steelers fan. STD, this is actually you isn’t it!

https://m.facebook.com/NFL/posts/the-pi ... 808086263/

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:16 pm

Speaking of Brandon....

Biden declared "the pandemic is over" on 60 Minutes last night. Apparently he didn't realize that torpedoes his Student Loan forgiveness plan. Oops.

COR-TEN

Post by COR-TEN » Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:23 pm

Pabst wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:16 pm
Speaking of Brandon....

Biden declared "the pandemic is over" on 60 Minutes last night. Apparently he didn't realize that torpedoes his Student Loan forgiveness plan. Oops.
How exactly? Serious question. . .
Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are, the pigeon is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:37 pm

COR-TEN wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:23 pm
Pabst wrote:
Speaking of Brandon....

Some background links:
https://apnews.com/article/biden-covid- ... 0c098bd48a
https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... ness-plan/

Basically, the administration is using the pretext that the 'national emergency' of COVID allows them to cancel student debt under the 2003 Heroes Act. Biden stating that "the pandemic is over" directly contradicts their argument for cancelling loans.

Post by 955876 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:42 pm

Pabst wrote:
Speaking of Brandon....

Meanwhile, people still getting fired for not getting vaxxed.

Ridiculous.

COR-TEN

Post by COR-TEN » Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:18 pm

Pabst wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:37 pm
COR-TEN wrote:
Pabst wrote:
Speaking of Brandon....

Some background links:

Basically, the administration is using the pretext that the 'national emergency' of COVID allows them to cancel student debt under the 2003 Heroes Act. Biden stating that "the pandemic is over" directly contradicts their argument for cancelling loans.
Technically, he declared (yesterday) the pandemic over after the student loan debt, yes? By a few weeks?

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:32 pm

COR-TEN wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:18 pm
Pabst wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
Some background links:

Technically, he declared (yesterday) the pandemic over after the student loan debt, yes? By a few weeks?
They haven't announced when the debt forgiveness plan will take effect.

Post by 955876 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:10 pm

Pabst wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:32 pm
COR-TEN wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:18 pm
Pabst wrote:

Some background links:

They haven't announced when the debt forgiveness plan will take effect.
They won’t even answer how much it’ll cost.

I’d have more respect for these scumbags if they simply came out and said “it isn’t our money so we don’t give a fuck how much it cost”…

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:30 pm

I should add that this is far from the only issue with the legality of loan forgiveness.

First off, this isn't the first time that the administration has argued that COVID no longer constitutes a national emergency. Here's a DOJ statement from May when a judge blocked the repeal of Title 42 (emphasis mine):
Justice Department Statement on Ruling in Louisiana v. CDC

The Department of Justice today released the following statement from spokesman Anthony Coley:

“The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) invoked its authority under Title 42 due to the unprecedented public-health dangers caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. CDC has now determined, in its expert opinion, that continued reliance on this authority is no longer warranted in light of the current public-health circumstances. That decision was a lawful exercise of CDC’s authority.

“The Department of Justice intends to appeal the court’s decision in Louisiana et al. v. CDC et al.”
Second, use of the HEROES Act to forgive student loans is dubious, to say the least. From Congress' summary of the bill (again, emphasis mine):
Higher Education Relief Opportunities for Students Act of 2003 - Authorizes the Secretary of Education to waive or modify any requirement or regulation applicable to the student financial assistance programs under title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 as deemed necessary with respect to an affected individual who: (1) is serving on active duty during a war or other military operation or national emergency; (2) is performing qualifying National Guard duty during a war, operation, or emergency; (3) resides or is employed in an area that is declared a disaster area by any Federal, State, or local official in connection with a national emergency; or (4) suffered direct economic hardship as a direct result of a war or other military operation or national emergency.
It's pretty clear that the Heroes Act was intended to support members of the military or those directly affected by war. If you want to argue that the "or national emergency" line gives Biden carte blanche to forgive any loan he wants, then have at it. But the Supreme Court has been extremely hostile to that argument against both Trump and Biden.

Deebo

Post by Deebo » Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:32 pm

955876 wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:42 pm
Pabst wrote:
Speaking of Brandon....

Meanwhile, people still getting fired for not getting vaxxed.

Ridiculous.
They are? I haven't heard of this lately

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:46 pm

Uh oh
NPR
@NPR
JUST IN: In a remarkable reversal that will affect the fortunes of millions of student loan borrowers, the U.S. Department of Education quietly changed its rules on who is eligible for President Biden's comprehensive student debt relief program.
So FFEL and Perkins loans (aka privately issued loans) will no longer be eligible for forgiveness. Why? Because that opens up the Biden administration to lawsuits for lost revenue, and therefore they can challenge the constitutionality of the plan.

But....here's a new problem, and it's something I honestly didn't know until today: 2% of all student loan debt is serviced by the Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority (MOHELA), which is part of the state of Missouri. In other words, the ruby red state of Missouri has grounds to file a lawsuit, and they just did: https://apnews.com/article/biden-health ... 00820d3616

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic