Robert L. Peters should be in jail

Discussions. Still no racial epithets or political campaigning. Don’t bring any of this back to the sports boards. What’s said in FFA, stays in FFA.

Re: Robert L. Peters should be in jail

Post by 955876 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:12 pm

Are drug prices really lower though?

Even if they are, any savings from that just went to the cost of milk, meat, veggies, energy, etc etc etc.

People are worse off economically than they were. No way to deny or argue that given we are in the midst of 40 year inflationary highs.

Jibbs: The Road to Nowhere Leads to Me…

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:05 pm

Professor Half Wit wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:51 pm
Pabst wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:16 pm
Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:00 pm
Receives scant credit for historic job creation, a manufacturing boom
Because it wasn't job creation, it was literally just a lifting of pandemic restrictions. The unemployment rate is more-or-less where it was in early 2020 and labor force participation still hasn't recovered.

Beyond that, all you did was just list a bunch of stuff that passed Congress. You can say that of any president.
And I guess we can also deny credit to any president for the like. You make it sound like the Biden admin did not coordinate abs was not heavily involved.

Yes, there is a legislative and executive branch. Acting as if the government executive is not heavily involved in legislative negotiations is disingenuous.

What the hell has any admin “done” outside of foreign policy, then?

So, no, my list is just fine.
I was going to write more but was late for a meeting.

Passing a bill in and of itself is pretty meaningless. Did the law have a meaningful impact and/or did it accomplish its stated goal is another question. The main crux of my post is that new Presidents always pass a slew of bills when they're in the honeymoon period and have a friendly Congress.

I can elaborate more if you'd like, but I'm late for my lunchtime run.

Post by 955876 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:04 pm

Did the law have a meaningful impact and/or did it accomplish its stated goal is another question.
The “Inflation Reduction Act” certainly had a meaningful impact (in a bad way) while coming nowhere near accomplishing its stated goal. Did the exact opposite actually.

At least now that they have gotten the money they at least admit the bill had nothing to do with lowering inflation and instead was a climate bill in disguise.

And I’d be willing to bet it ends up doing little for the climate either.

But hey not their money.
Last edited by 955876 on Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 955876 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:08 pm

Nobody likes a bragger.

I say that as I sit in my office and stuff my face.

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:09 pm

955876 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:08 pm
Nobody likes a bragger.

I say that as I sit in my office and stuff my face.
I lack the patience for golf.

Going back to when I graduated college - I live in a duplex that was right next to a great running trail. For lack of anything better to do, I just started jogging a few miles here and there. Fast forward 15 years, and it's just ingrained as a habit at this point. Plus the weather finally broke here so I'm getting outside as much as possible.

Post by 955876 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:58 pm

I’d say I endure gold more than enjoy it. For some, just being out playing is fun.

I’m past that. Have expectations and shit. So golf fun if I play well. Not so fun if I don’t.

Do not enjoy running. Wish I did as I could use more cardio.

My Saturday golf group does walk however. And home course is hilly. So I do get some good exercise while playing vs if I was in a cart.

Dan Smith--BYU

Post by Dan Smith--BYU » Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:05 pm

"Do not enjoy running. Wish I did as I could use more cardio."

Consider beach volleyball. Best way to run and jump with reckless abandon to failure and not get hurt. Also: hours of priceless fun with friends and good vibes all around. Take classes to learn how not to wreck your shoulder. Also: well-oiled women's rear ends in beach volleyball wear.
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.

Nietzsche

Post by 955876 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:21 pm

Thanks for tip. However, an activity easier said to go do than to actually go do.

I would enjoy the oiled up beach volleyball babe booty though.

Stosh-67

Post by Stosh-67 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:47 pm

Gentlemen.
This is supposed to be a family orientated web site.
Enough of the oily beach bodies.

Unless there are pictures.

Stosh-67

Post by Stosh-67 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:52 pm

955876 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:12 pm
Are drug prices really lower though?

Even if they are, any savings from that just went to the cost of milk, meat, veggies, energy, etc etc etc.

People are worse off economically than they were. No way to deny or argue that given we are in the midst of 40 year inflationary highs.
Speaking of health care costs....

My wife just informed me our current health plan is going up 11.2% in January ( she teaches, and we are under her plan ). Or jump into another plan that may not have our doctors. We will look this week.

Can't imagine the cost of providing free health insurance for the 6 to 8 million illegals that came into our country the last 3 years. What Is the estimate of number of illegals in the country now...20 million?
More?

The emergency room is their primary care physician.
Was in the ER with my wife this time last year...
And it was staggering the number of people in there for non emergency care., head ache, foot ache, ear ache, stomach bug......
While people with broken bones or cuts had to wait longer for the non emergency free visiters

Like I said in the beginning of this thread...
Sometimes free is expensive.

That free Healthcare is at the tax payers and policy holders expense.

Dan Smith--BYU

Post by Dan Smith--BYU » Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:43 am

"Gentlemen.
This is supposed to be a family orientated web site.
Enough of the oily beach bodies.

Unless there are pictures."

See new thread in this section.
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.

Nietzsche

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:32 pm

955876 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:58 pm
I’d say I endure gold more than enjoy it. For some, just being out playing is fun.

I’m past that. Have expectations and shit. So golf fun if I play well. Not so fun if I don’t.

Do not enjoy running. Wish I did as I could use more cardio.

My Saturday golf group does walk however. And home course is hilly. So I do get some good exercise while playing vs if I was in a cart.
Ah. I've seen you post about golf several times, so I just assumed you were really into it. Lesson learned :lol:

Something I say to everyone - the best exercise is whatever you enjoy and you'll stick with. If that's golf or pickup basketball, that's great. If you want to do crossfit and look like you're having a seizure while doing pull-ups, that's great too.

Post by 955876 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:53 pm

Oh I’m certainly really into it. Probably too much. Was just saying or trying to say that my fun these days as it relates to golf comes from the results more then being out playing if that makes sense.

Some simply enjoy a day out on the golf course regardless of result. I’m too deep in for that. I enjoy when I go out and shoot a 76. The 87s not so much.

There are rounds where (dare I say it) the game feels easy. Fairways, greens, and a lot of tap in pars. That is when the game gets fun.

Those days I’m pulling my drives into the trees, chipping like a blind man, and can’t roll in a 3 footer to save my life are the ones where I walk off the course and would have a hard time saying it was fun.

Kind of like the Steelers. We all love the team. We all watch.

Did you have fun last Sunday though or did you suffer through it?

There is almost a high you get (or at least I do) when you are sitting a couple under par through 7 or 8 holes. Feels really good.

I’ll be out there tomorrow morning. Getting in a good walk and hopefully deriving adequate results on blades of grass.

We do a match play thing in my Saturday group so keeps it competitive as well.

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:34 pm

955876 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:53 pm
Oh I’m certainly really into it. Probably too much. Was just saying or trying to say that my fun these days as it relates to golf comes from the results more then being out playing if that makes sense.

Some simply enjoy a day out on the golf course regardless of result. I’m too deep in for that. I enjoy when I go out and shoot a 76. The 87s not so much.

There are rounds where (dare I say it) the game feels easy. Fairways, greens, and a lot of tap in pars. That is when the game gets fun.

Those days I’m pulling my drives into the trees, chipping like a blind man, and can’t roll in a 3 footer to save my life are the ones where I walk off the course and would have a hard time saying it was fun.

Kind of like the Steelers. We all love the team. We all watch.

Did you have fun last Sunday though or did you suffer through it?

There is almost a high you get (or at least I do) when you are sitting a couple under par through 7 or 8 holes. Feels really good.

I’ll be out there tomorrow morning. Getting in a good walk and hopefully deriving adequate results on blades of grass.

We do a match play thing in my Saturday group so keeps it competitive as well.

Definitely get where you're coming from. I think part of my disdain for golf comes from the fact that I was *much* better in my younger years and the sheer frustration of that led me to choosing another activity. Still remember sinking my first ever par and birdie putts (both were with my dad). Good memories.

I totally get why people enjoy golf, it's just not for me anymore. Have to say that the cost and time commitment required don't help, either.

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:36 pm

Dude....

After typing that out, I've realized that it's been around 5 or 6 years since I've picked up a golf club. About 10 years since I put on a baseball glove. And well over 10 years since I've played organized hockey, football, and basketball.

I've gotten really fucking good at running in the interim, but holy shit the skills I had in all those sports I grew up with have completely atrophied.

I think I need a minute.....

Post by 955876 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:29 pm

I totally get why people enjoy golf, it's just not for me anymore. Have to say that the cost and time commitment required don't help, either.
My son in law said he wants to take up golf. I’ve been trying to explain to him that golf isn’t something you just go do from time to time and expect to get better.

Golf takes serious time and commitment to get better.

My frustration now comes more from physical limitation than swing mechanics. My swing is better than it’s ever been.

It’s also slower than it’s ever been. If only I could swing the way I do today but have the additional 10 mph I had 10 years ago.

Now we’d be talking.

I’m also dealing with something I never used to have to. And that being the tiny space between my ears. Breaking 80 is hard. For years felt like I’d never post a round in the 70s. Now I’m doing g it with some regularity.

I’ve found of late when I get off to a hot start it’s been difficult to block it out. As a golfer, even if you are taking it hole by hole and shot by shot you still know where you stand. Very difficult to block it out.

For example, started my round last week by missing a birdie putt on #1 by literally one inch. Tap in par. Birdied #2. Missed a birdie putt on 3 by less than an inch. Ball stopped center of the cup just hanging on the lip. Tap in par.

Missed green on #4 but chipped it close. Made the one putt to save par.

#5 is a long par 5. Can’t reach in two from the blue tees which is where we play from. Chipped in from about 20 yards off the green for eagle.

Made par on 6. So now I’m 3 under thru 6 and literally came within an inch and a half of blades of grass from being 5 under.

Very hard to shut that off mentally as you know as long as you don’t blow up you have a great chance of posting the best or at least one of your best rounds ever.

Now you are in your head. Bogied the last 3 holes on the front to shoot even par.

Was 7 over on the back to finish with a 79.

So accomplished my goal of breaking 80 which a few years ago I would have been super happy about. Especially on my home course which is a bitch.

Instead, I finished the round feeling like I kind of played like shit. And I sort of did given I was +10 over final 12 holes.

Dan Smith--BYU

Post by Dan Smith--BYU » Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:14 pm

Someone just tried to kill a Kennedy running for President, but strangely one has to go to alternative news sites to find out about this. This should have been front page news for the last three days. What is going on with the media? Also, why isn't Biden providing him Secret Service protection. And no, i am not voting for Bobby Kennedy, that is completely besides the point.

Nietzsche

Stosh-67

Post by Stosh-67 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:19 pm

Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:14 pm
Someone just tried to kill a Kennedy running for President, but strangely one has to go to alternative news sites to find out about this. This should have been front page news for the last three days. What is going on with the media? Also, why isn't Biden providing him Secret Service protection. And no, i am not voting for Bobby Kennedy, that is completely besides the point.
Wow,
Just saw that too.

https://komonews.com/news/nation-world/ ... -candidate

Post by 955876 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:17 pm

For those that don’t solely rely on MSNBC, CNN, and NPR for their news are you aware of the massive amounts of illegal migrants that have been entering the country the past few weeks?

Big numbers.

Video of this shows most are young men.

What are they going to do when here?

Video shows Mexican military doing nothing while they cross. And then our border patrol “processing” them into the country.

You Dems and progressives are aware this is against the law right? This is illegal. This is not upholding the oath of office the people you voted for swore to uphold.

Do you even care?

You realize we are literally giving away our country.

Do you care?

Does your side “winning” matter more to you than the sovereignty of our nation?

And if you are ok with this, how many becomes too many?

You voted for this. When it blows up in our face be sure to look into the mirror rather than trying to figure out who is at fault.

YOU are at fault.

Dan Smith--BYU

Post by Dan Smith--BYU » Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:49 pm

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023 ... qus_thread

As long as it takes and we are rich (we are not) is not a plan.

Nietzsche

Post by 955876 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:53 am

Hey in other news the Dems have relaxed dress code rules to appease the least common denominator which is the the paycheck stealing slug John Fetterman.

While some might think being appropriately dressed is no big deal,,,, it is.

Dressing the part shows respect for your position and is a courtesy to others.

The fact this POS can’t be bothered to put on anything other than a hoodie and shorts says all one needs to know bout him.

And his party.

When you keep lowering your standards to appease the least common denominator you’ll end up with no standards at all.

Which is where we are headed.

And yes I’m fully aware he suffered a stroke.

Thought he wasn’t fit for office when he ran. He proved that when he literally couldn’t string together a coherent sentence.

stillthere

Post by stillthere » Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:45 am

Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:10 pm
Harris IS a disatser. I listened to an interview with her about abortion and nearly lost my mind at her refusal / inability to answer the damn question. Peeps in the Dem party don't want her, dude.
If you are not talking about Venn diagrams ("you know, the ones with the circles") describing yellow school busses you are pretty much out of material to discuss with her.

Post by 955876 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:54 am

My favorite was when she pretended to have a French accent in front of a bunch of French scientists or astronauts or whoever they were.

Yes. Please tell us about rockets… :roll:

And do so in a fake French accent.

This admin is a total disgrace.

We have a mumbling bum who can’t even answer a question off teleprompter along with a diversity hire that did not achieve her positions based on merit but rather her gender, her race, and her willingness to be a whore.

That is not my opinion. It is WIDELY known around these parts that she fucked & sucked her way up the ladder.

And look at her now. A complete baffoon that embarrasses herself (and our country) each and every time she speaks.

I wonder if she’s gotte. To the “root cause” of why so many illegals are flooding into our country.

Hmmmm it’s such a mystery. Maybe she needs 4 more years to unravel it.

Pathetic.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:40 pm

955876 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:53 am
Hey in other news the Dems have relaxed dress code rules to appease the least common denominator which is the the paycheck stealing slug John Fetterman.

The fact this POS can’t be bothered to put on anything other than a hoodie and shorts says all one needs to know bout him.

And his party.

When you keep lowering your standards to appease the least common denominator you’ll end up with no standards at all.

Thought he wasn’t fit for office when he ran. He proved that when he literally couldn’t string together a coherent sentence.
I stopped tucking in my shirts after the last COL “adjustment.”
“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:40 pm

955876 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:54 am
My favorite was when she pretended to have a French accent in front of a bunch of French scientists or astronauts or whoever they were.

We have a mumbling bum who can’t even answer a question off teleprompter along with a diversity hire that did not achieve her positions based on merit but rather her gender, her race, and her willingness to be a whore.

That is not my opinion. It is WIDELY known around these parts that she fucked & sucked her way up the ladder.

And look at her now. A complete baffoon that embarrasses herself (and our country) each and every time she speaks.

I wonder if she’s gotte. To the “root cause” of why so many illegals are flooding into our country.

Pathetic.
Did she actually do this? We have proof?
“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:41 pm

955876 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:17 pm
For those that don’t solely rely on MSNBC, CNN, and NPR for their news are you aware of the massive amounts of illegal migrants that have been entering the country the past few weeks?

Big numbers.

Video of this shows most are young men.

What are they going to do when here?

Video shows Mexican military doing nothing while they cross. And then our border patrol “processing” them into the country.

You Dems and progressives are aware this is against the law right? This is illegal. This is not upholding the oath of office the people you voted for swore to uphold.

Do you even care?

You realize we are literally giving away our country.

Do you care?

Does your side “winning” matter more to you than the sovereignty of our nation?

And if you are ok with this, how many becomes too many?

You voted for this. When it blows up in our face be sure to look into the mirror rather than trying to figure out who is at fault.

YOU are at fault.
I am aware bc the NYT is covering it. Imagine that.

Post by 955876 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:13 pm

Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:40 pm
955876 wrote:

Pathetic.
She had an affair with Willie Brown. A man 30 years older than her at the time.

It was known and reported on. Not a secret.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:56 pm

955876 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:13 pm
955876 wrote:

Pathetic.

No, who cares about that.

She faked a French accent? Really? We have proof?

Post by 955876 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:35 pm

Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:56 pm
955876 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:13 pm

No, who cares about that.

She faked a French accent? Really? We have proof?
There was video of it. Talking to French scientist she shifted to using a French accent.

She has a way of talking to smart people as if they are children.

And I don’t care about affairs either. In this case though, it supports the fact she is not qualified. Well documented she rose to prominence in CA because she was blowing Willie Brown. This was known out here for years.

She is where she is for reasons that have nothing to do with her qualifications. And it shows.

Let’s just hope she isn’t the first woman president. That would be a real shame. And an embarrassment.
Last edited by 955876 on Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ol skool

Post by ol skool » Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:45 pm

955876 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:53 am

And his party.

The dress code for all three branches of the government should be a clown costume. Even Fetterman is too well-dressed for a cog in our fake representative democracy machine.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic