Biden's Border Wall

Discussions. Still no racial epithets or political campaigning. Don’t bring any of this back to the sports boards. What’s said in FFA, stays in FFA.
Deebo

Re: Biden's Border Wall

Post by Deebo » Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:01 pm

Guess I stand corrected. I swore I saw/heard that Sanders was polling ahead of Hillary

Post by 955876 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:33 pm

Deebo wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:35 pm
Pabst wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:32 pm
Deebo wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:16 pm
But back in 2016 I predict Sanders would have killed Trump.
I feel like we've broached this subject before, but I just can't agree with you here.

Bernie, was never *that* popular...Clinton was just that bad. One comment I heard at the time regarding Bernie: It's one thing to run against Republican attack ads, but it's another thing to BE a Repulican attack ad.
Sanders was polling ahead of Clinton very early and continued the momentum just prior to her getting the nomination, that is the basis for my reasoning. I'd also argue literally a cardboard cutout would've been better than Hillary; she was just so unlikeable, smug and unqualified. Ironically the complete opposite of her husband

And I :lol: at that attack ad comment. Spot on
The DNC literally cheated and colluded against Bernie to secure the nomination for Hillary.

And some dumb ones libs still don’t believe they cheat during elections.

They cheated in their own damn primary.
Jibbs: The Road to Nowhere Leads to Me…

Post by 955876 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:34 pm

You can SAY the Dem party I belong to doesn’t exist anymore, but it did choose Biden over Bernie.
And yet Bernie is writing policy for the Biden admin so you still got Bernie.

We all did unfortunately.

Dan Smith--BYU

Post by Dan Smith--BYU » Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:37 am

He got a combination of Bernie and John McCain, which is the worst imaginable.
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.

Nietzsche

Post by 955876 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:21 am

Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:37 am
He got a combination of Bernie and John McCain, which is the worst imaginable.
Don’t forget the high IQ AOC who is also writing climate policy.

Idiot went from tapping kegs to saving the world from climate disasters.

Dunno who’s dumber. AOC or the people that vote for her and her policies.

I’m going with the latter as she is bought and paid for. So at least has human nature and greed to justify her actions.

Dan Smith--BYU

Post by Dan Smith--BYU » Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:33 pm

The first response of the U.S. military to Hamas is to shut the Southern border down.

Anything else first makes the situation worse.
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.

Nietzsche

zeke5123

Post by zeke5123 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:17 am

Professor Half Wit wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:14 pm
955876 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:55 pm
Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:53 pm

Or I think he's a threat to democracy.
Trying to make me laugh?

Trump is a threat to democracy but the party that literally made up a bogus collusion narrative then launched a special counsel with the intent of removing him as president isn’t a threat to democracy?

Intelligence officials lying to FISA courts to illegally spy on a presidential candidate isn’t a threat to democracy?

Comments such as that is why I dog you about the teachers lounge.

The left currently wants to eliminate parts of our constitution. Particularly the 1st & 2nd amendment.

That isn’t a threat to democracy but Trump is?

I could go on.

Using the term “threat to democracy” is almost as big a dog whistle for the left as are the words “climate emergency”.
You really think “the left” wants to get rid of 1and 2? Like, the whole left or just a crazy fringe? Bunch of Dens just cane out and condemned NM gov for unilaterally trying just that.

These threads are a threat to my time. I’m out.
A couple of comments.

1. A large majority of democrats believe government should attempt to censor misinformation on the internet. That is inherently in contradiction to the first amendment and therefore of the democrats are stand ins for the left yes effectively they want to gut the first amendment. Of course, they will dress it up in prose such as “misinformation is dangerous” but the core premise is (1) the government gets to decide what is true and (2) censor things that contradict the government defined truth. The core concept behind free speech is that truth actually can be hard to determine and giving government the power is dangerous even when the government is acting responsible and completely brain dead when the government is acting irresponsibly.

2. As for who is a threat to democracy, I agree Trump is a threat to democracy. But the guy in the WH is more a threat. I wish RDS would be our next president. With that said, the biggest threat is the IC. In the 2020 election, the IC (1) knew of the existence of the laptop, (2) had authenticated it, (3) were monitoring Rudy’s emails and knew he was shopping the story, (4) went to social media to “prebunk” the story depicting Joe Biden’s corruption, (5) leading to Twitter et al nuking the story, which (6) was bolstered by a bunch of ex spooks writing a letter suborned by the Biden admin accusing the laptop story as being Russia disinformation without any evidence.

You cannot have free and fair elections when the top police / IC community conspire to falsify true news and turn false stories into truth. This is a bigger scandal than watergate and if Biden cared at all about the country he would be cleaning house at DOJ/FBI/CIA. But of course he won’t since he was in on it.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:55 pm

zeke5123 wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:17 am
955876 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:55 pm

Trying to make me laugh?

Trump is a threat to democracy but the party that literally made up a bogus collusion narrative then launched a special counsel with the intent of removing him as president isn’t a threat to democracy?

Intelligence officials lying to FISA courts to illegally spy on a presidential candidate isn’t a threat to democracy?

Comments such as that is why I dog you about the teachers lounge.

The left currently wants to eliminate parts of our constitution. Particularly the 1st & 2nd amendment.

That isn’t a threat to democracy but Trump is?

I could go on.

Using the term “threat to democracy” is almost as big a dog whistle for the left as are the words “climate emergency”.
You really think “the left” wants to get rid of 1and 2? Like, the whole left or just a crazy fringe? Bunch of Dens just cane out and condemned NM gov for unilaterally trying just that.

A couple of comments.

1. A large majority of democrats believe government should attempt to censor misinformation on the internet. That is inherently in contradiction to the first amendment and therefore of the democrats are stand ins for the left yes effectively they want to gut the first amendment. Of course, they will dress it up in prose such as “misinformation is dangerous” but the core premise is (1) the government gets to decide what is true and (2) censor things that contradict the government defined truth. The core concept behind free speech is that truth actually can be hard to determine and giving government the power is dangerous even when the government is acting responsible and completely brain dead when the government is acting irresponsibly.

2. As for who is a threat to democracy, I agree Trump is a threat to democracy. But the guy in the WH is more a threat. I wish RDS would be our next president. With that said, the biggest threat is the IC. In the 2020 election, the IC (1) knew of the existence of the laptop, (2) had authenticated it, (3) were monitoring Rudy’s emails and knew he was shopping the story, (4) went to social media to “prebunk” the story depicting Joe Biden’s corruption, (5) leading to Twitter et al nuking the story, which (6) was bolstered by a bunch of ex spooks writing a letter suborned by the Biden admin accusing the laptop story as being Russia disinformation without any evidence.

You cannot have free and fair elections when the top police / IC community conspire to falsify true news and turn false stories into truth. This is a bigger scandal than watergate and if Biden cared at all about the country he would be cleaning house at DOJ/FBI/CIA. But of course he won’t since he was in on it.
I’m sure the twitter left wants the government to censor misinformation. I don’t know anyone that wants this. Primarily bc government changes hands between parties.

Large majority?

RDS

Can’t you wish for someone who doesn’t waste our time with divisive culture war nonsense?

Surely we can do better on the right than that complete phony.
“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

zeke5123

Post by zeke5123 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:50 pm

Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:55 pm
zeke5123 wrote:

A couple of comments.

I’m sure the twitter left wants the government to censor misinformation. I don’t know anyone that wants this. Primarily bc government changes hands between parties.

Large majority?

RDS

Can’t you wish for someone who doesn’t waste our time with divisive culture war nonsense?

Code: Select all

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2023/07/20/most-americans-favor-restrictions-on-false-information-violent-content-online/
70% of democrats. Seems like a large majority to me.

2. Culture war is not nonsense. The right ignoring it is how we are in a situation where we allowed the march through the institutions which are now corrupted. It also isn’t nonsense when you have small kids and they are being sexualized at young ages. It’s funny this is always dismissed but when the actually examples are brought up at say school board meetings it is considered obscene. The final thing id say is that the culture war nonsense is felt in corporate America. More and more decisions are based off of woke sensibilities instead of cold hard merit leading to sub optimal decisions. That isn’t good in the long term. RDS is right to focus on it.

Of course, it isn’t the only thing he does. His leadership during covid was excellent. Go back and find some conferences he hosted. He wasn’t just making decisions but was clearly very fluent with the concepts themselves in a stark contrast with Biden and Trump (ie the reason to look at the conference is that it is long enough it can be scripted). And those decisions turned out to be accurate. He kept his state open, kids in school, people living a normal life, economy booming, and had a lower than average death rate. That leadership during an unforeseen crisis should be rewarded. We have no clue what 2025 will bring us (OBL wasn’t a big issue in 2000, covid wasn’t in 2016). What you want is someone who is personal competent, has shown judgement, and surrounds himself with competent people.

He also showed something similar with Hurricane Ian. Honestly go back and look at how strong the response was. His administration in Florida is incredibly competent. He doesn’t hit that enough on the campaign trail.

The link keeps breaking. https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads ... nt-online/

Post by 955876 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:03 pm

Lit is very big on accepting election results. It’s a hot button thing for him. So much so he’s said that any politician that denies election results should be removed from office.

And yet…

- I didn’t see one post from him ever calling out the multitude of Dems that denied the 2016 election results. He was dead silent on that. One election denier particular is currently serving as minority speaker. I’ve wondered why he hasn’t called for him to step down. Denying an election and all.

- if election denial is important one would think election integrity is even more important. And yet, haven’t heard a peep about how the intelligence commintuty, the Dems, and their media lied to the American public leading up to the 2020 elections. That certainly swayed some moderates. Had to.

Selective criticism I suppose. Denying the 2020 results is grounds for removal from office. Denying the 2016 results didn’t warrant a single comment and those folks get continued support.

Must be a teachers lounge thing…

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:52 am

955876 wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:03 pm
Lit is very big on accepting election results. It’s a hot button thing for him. So much so he’s said that any politician that denies election results should be removed from office.

And yet…

- I didn’t see one post from him ever calling out the multitude of Dems that denied the 2016 election results. He was dead silent on that. One election denier particular is currently serving as minority speaker. I’ve wondered why he hasn’t called for him to step down. Denying an election and all.

- if election denial is important one would think election integrity is even more important. And yet, haven’t heard a peep about how the intelligence commintuty, the Dems, and their media lied to the American public leading up to the 2020 elections. That certainly swayed some moderates. Had to.

Selective criticism I suppose. Denying the 2020 results is grounds for removal from office. Denying the 2016 results didn’t warrant a single comment and those folks get continued support.

Must be a teachers lounge thing…
Teachers lounge is high school.

We have a faculty lounge.

Get it right.

I can’t remember what I posted in 2016, so I’m not surprised you don’t either.

Election denial without evidence is corrosive.

I said someone who denies election results should be removed? Was I high? Don’t remember that.

Neeeeeeeeeeeext
“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

Post by 955876 » Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:58 am

Nice dodge. And I do remember. You were very clear on that. Those who deny elections should be removed from office.

Was that a new belief of yours? Because there wasn’t a word uttered by you back in 2016. Oh wait, you thought they had evidence. That’s right. Adam Schiff and the crew promised you hard evidence so you waited and waited and waited.

When that evidence never showed and the evidence they had was proven to be Clinton campaign disinformation I don’t recall you turning on those who had lied to you and saying they should be removed from office.

Seems an easy thing to be consistent on. So which is it? Should election deniers be removed from office or not?

At least I’m squared away on the lounge though.

Dan Smith--BYU

Post by Dan Smith--BYU » Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:33 am

"I didn’t see one post from him ever calling out the multitude of Dems that denied the 2016 election results. He was dead silent on that. One election denier particular is currently serving as minority speaker. I’ve wondered why he hasn’t called for him to step down. Denying an election and all."

Dems have denied every GOP Presidential victory since 1988. So its worse than just comparing 2020 to 2016,

Nietzsche

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:24 am

955876 wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:58 am
Nice dodge. And I do remember. You were very clear on that. Those who deny elections should be removed from office.

Was that a new belief of yours? Because there wasn’t a word uttered by you back in 2016. Oh wait, you thought they had evidence. That’s right. Adam Schiff and the crew promised you hard evidence so you waited and waited and waited.

When that evidence never showed and the evidence they had was proven to be Clinton campaign disinformation I don’t recall you turning on those who had lied to you and saying they should be removed from office.

Seems an easy thing to be consistent on. So which is it? Should election deniers be removed from office or not?

At least I’m squared away on the lounge though.
If I did, I retract it, and was wrong to say it.

Political speech is protected.

I could easily see me having said should not be in office.
Last edited by Professor Half Wit on Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:25 am

Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:33 am
"I didn’t see one post from him ever calling out the multitude of Dems that denied the 2016 election results. He was dead silent on that. One election denier particular is currently serving as minority speaker. I’ve wondered why he hasn’t called for him to step down. Denying an election and all."

Dems have denied every GOP Presidential victory since 1988. So its worse than just comparing 2020 to 2016,
Well, the current candidate for Speaker is coup plotter and conspiracy loon, so….

Oh, and Dan, here’s a piece that the horribly partisan liberal think tank the Cato Institute saw fit publish on its website calling bullshit on your bullshit. Have Dems in the past done what you say? Yes. Has been ANYTHING like your coup team? Not even close. Again, that liberal partisan think tank, the fricking Cato Institute saw fit to publish this:

https://www.cato.org/commentary/yes-dem ... -far-worse

You two live in just as much denial as you accuse your political “enemies” of.

zeke5123

Post by zeke5123 » Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:54 am

Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:25 am
Dan Smith--BYU wrote:

Well, the current candidate for Speaker is coup plotter and conspiracy loon, so….

Oh, and Dan, here’s a piece that the horribly partisan liberal think tank the Cato Institute saw fit publish on its website calling bullshit on your bullshit. Have Dems in the past done what you say? Yes. Has been ANYTHING like your coup team? Not even close. Again, that liberal partisan think tank, the fricking Cato Institute saw fit to publish this:

No the democrats haven’t done what the republicans did in 2020. They did something worse. In 2016, they concocted a bullshit scheme (and one they knew was bullshit) to undermine the Trump
regime for three years while casting doubt on him to poison the 2020 election.

Then, in 2020 the FBI / IC schemed to prevent a vary damaging story to Biden from getting traction (with discussions with the Biden team) despite knowing the story they peddled was untrue. That is, the FBI / IC tilted the election. It wasn’t a free and fair election.

So basically the FBI / IC with the help of Dems under minded the 2016 administration and then probably helped throw the election to Biden. So two elections they corrupted.

The republicans shouldn’t have done what they did in 2020. But it was child’s play compared to what the FBI and Dems did in 2016 and 2020.

Post by 955876 » Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:17 pm

zeke5123 wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:54 am
Dan Smith--BYU wrote:

No the democrats haven’t done what the republicans did in 2020. They did something worse. In 2016, they concocted a bullshit scheme (and one they knew was bullshit) to undermine the Trump
regime for three years while casting doubt on him to poison the 2020 election.

Then, in 2020 the FBI / IC schemed to prevent a vary damaging story to Biden from getting traction (with discussions with the Biden team) despite knowing the story they peddled was untrue. That is, the FBI / IC tilted the election. It wasn’t a free and fair election.

So basically the FBI / IC with the help of Dems under minded the 2016 administration and then probably helped throw the election to Biden. So two elections they corrupted.

The republicans shouldn’t have done what they did in 2020. But it was child’s play compared to what the FBI and Dems did in 2016 and 2020.
This.

Anyone who whines about Jan 6th without also being outraged by the actions detailed above is full of shit.

You can’t call one a threat to democracy while ignoring that the other was/is a far greater threat to our democracy.

As well as being the root cause of Jan. 6th.
Last edited by 955876 on Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dan Smith--BYU

Post by Dan Smith--BYU » Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:47 pm

Dems challenged Florida election results in 2000, and there was a major recount.
After Bush won again, many Democrats challenged the result in Ohio but it didn't have the follow through of 2020.
We all know that Dems challenged the result in 2016 including the current speak of the House and Hillary.

The last GOP Prez victory that was not questioned was Bush in 1988.

Nietzsche

ol skool

Post by ol skool » Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:27 pm

Dan Smith--BYU wrote:

Cato is libertarian, which is not at all right-wing or conservative, and one of its founders, Charles Koch, is an original Never Trumper. Excellent source, chief, and utterly free of bias.

Dan Smith--BYU

Post by Dan Smith--BYU » Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:41 pm

I love how LIt is a Snopes like "fact checker" when he has a different opinion, and yet it is a fact that Dems have repeatedly manipulated and challenged elections. Al Franken came to power for that reason. And votes mysteriously were found in a car trunk.

And the Cathy Young article was an OPINION piece, starting in 2016. My argument started in 2000, but he ignores that and that Gore did exactly what Trump tried to do in GA.

Nietzsche

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:32 pm

Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:47 pm
Dems challenged Florida election results in 2000, and there was a major recount.
After Bush won again, many Democrats challenged the result in Ohio but it didn't have the follow through of 2020.
We all know that Dems challenged the result in 2016 including the current speak of the House and Hillary.

The last GOP Prez victory that was not questioned was Bush in 1988.
This is all 100% true, and I'd love it if Dems/Media would acknowledge their part in setting the foundation for this mess.

It's also 100% true that Trump and his merry band of dipshits took this much further. Gore, at the very least, just sulked in the corner and cried conspiracy after getting slapped down by the courts. Trump took the extreme step of pressuring states to de-certify results, convening fake electors, and rioting to stop Congressional certification.

At least Gore was only claiming that he "won" a state where he lost by the thinnest of margins. Trump (or at least his surrogates) are actually claiming that he would have won California if not for voter fraud. That's legit insane.

Deebo

Post by Deebo » Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:07 pm

zeke5123 wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:50 pm
Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:55 pm
zeke5123 wrote:

A couple of comments.

Large majority?

RDS

Code: Select all

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2023/07/20/most-americans-favor-restrictions-on-false-information-violent-content-online/
70% of democrats. Seems like a large majority to me.

2. Culture war is not nonsense. The right ignoring it is how we are in a situation where we allowed the march through the institutions which are now corrupted. It also isn’t nonsense when you have small kids and they are being sexualized at young ages. It’s funny this is always dismissed but when the actually examples are brought up at say school board meetings it is considered obscene. The final thing id say is that the culture war nonsense is felt in corporate America. More and more decisions are based off of woke sensibilities instead of cold hard merit leading to sub optimal decisions. That isn’t good in the long term. RDS is right to focus on it.

Of course, it isn’t the only thing he does. His leadership during covid was excellent. Go back and find some conferences he hosted. He wasn’t just making decisions but was clearly very fluent with the concepts themselves in a stark contrast with Biden and Trump (ie the reason to look at the conference is that it is long enough it can be scripted). And those decisions turned out to be accurate. He kept his state open, kids in school, people living a normal life, economy booming, and had a lower than average death rate. That leadership during an unforeseen crisis should be rewarded. We have no clue what 2025 will bring us (OBL wasn’t a big issue in 2000, covid wasn’t in 2016). What you want is someone who is personal competent, has shown judgement, and surrounds himself with competent people.

He also showed something similar with Hurricane Ian. Honestly go back and look at how strong the response was. His administration in Florida is incredibly competent. He doesn’t hit that enough on the campaign trail.

The link keeps breaking. https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads ... nt-online/
All fair points, but as I've said about a billion times on here Desantis is missing a key component that impacts whether you're likely to win an election: the likeability factor

He comes across as smug and arrogant. He doesn't have a good on-camera personality at all. He's trying to insert his kids into his campaign and his entire family looks extremely punchable. I'm not sure where he's getting all this campaign money as Rep donors are looking at alternative viable candidates.

I would support a combo of Haley/Christie/Desantis in some POTUS/VP ticket

Stosh-67

Post by Stosh-67 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:38 pm

Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:33 pm
The first response of the U.S. military to Hamas is to shut the Southern border down.

Anything else first makes the situation worse.
With 6-7 million illegals crossing the border in the last three years............
And since we are not vetting people,
And certainly are not tracking where they are now.......

How many bad people of those 7 million have come in?
How many of those bad people are...........really bad people?
How many have criminal record? We do not know?
Don't you need a sponsor to come in?
How many have murder on their resume?
Of the 7 million........how many committed murder?

Think I saw a stat that said 1 in every 20,000 people in the US have committed murder. Does not sound right?
340,000,000 / 20,000 = 17,000 people in the US that have committed murder. Thats 326 per state. Hmmm. Maybe that is true.
I do know of several murders in my town and neighboring towns in the last few years - 12,000-14,000 population towns.

But lets say its more than that, say 1/30,0000.
Tho I would say the murder rate of people coming from third world countries could be higher than in the US?
People in more desperate countries, in more desperate times, with less law, most likly have higher crime rates.

7 million illegals / 30,000 = 233.
But we do not know. No background checks, no vetting. Just pushed along and spread across the country.

And lets look at got-aways.
Is it another 2 million ?

If border control is saying they have caught over 100 illegals on the terror watch list over the last 3 year......

How many of those 2 million gottaways were on the terror watch list ...........that GOTTAWAY, that slid right in?
They are called gottaways because they were not caught.
No idea. Zilch.

Remember how many horribly bad people it took to do what they did on 911.

Nineteen terrorists.

Sorry to say, scary to say..........we have 100's of terrorists that have entered the country the last 3 years.
Quick math would say 100 out of 7 million = 2 million = 28.
28 terrorists gottaways.

19 did 911.

But hay,
Mayorkas says the border is secure.
Kamala gets insulted and defensive when asked about the border.
Biden is eating Farina with extra butter and sugar.

All for a future vote.

Jeeeezz

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:49 am

ol skool wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:27 pm
Dan Smith--BYU wrote:

Cato is libertarian, which is not at all right-wing or conservative, and one of its founders, Charles Koch, is an original Never Trumper. Excellent source, chief, and utterly free of bias.
Riiiiiiiiight…….libertarians aren’t right of center…..

Sure let’s just make things up, why not.

Dan Smith--BYU

Post by Dan Smith--BYU » Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:07 am

Libertarians are right of center on economic issues, often way left of liberal on social issues, and absolutely clueless on the border, acting as ideological priests for groups like Koch and the Chamber of Commerce who love cheap labor at any social cost.

I will remind the left that Cesar Chavez hated illegals and destroyed their property. Because he understood supply and demand.

But the national security issue is even more pressing because someone already may have gotten in with a dirty nuke.

But hey they vote D so fuck America, right?

It's insane that Nikki Haley of all people is talking about letting in Palestinians. HOW ABOUT TAKING CARE OF pro-US AFGHANI SIV applicants FIRST?

Nietzsche

SteelerDayTrader

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:42 am

You are one of the most misled morons on the net
Gorilla Warfare
🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:04 pm

Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:49 am
Riiiiiiiiight…….libertarians aren’t right of center…..
Libertarians are:
~5% ultra-Capitalists who are overly paranoid the next Stalin/Hitler is laying in wait
~10% stoners who do nothing but talk about legalizing weed
~85% contrarian assholes who rail against anything mainstream politicians say because they can't come up with any ideas on their own

ol skool

Post by ol skool » Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:47 am

Libertarians are for sodomy, open borders and legalizing all drugs.

I could go on, but that and what Dan and Pabst said should suffice.

Dan Smith--BYU

Post by Dan Smith--BYU » Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:08 pm

I voted for Ron Paul in 1988 or whenever. LIbertarianism lost its way after NAFTA. They kept supporting open borders under the theory that it would be fine if it weren't for the welfare state.

But we do have a welfare state. And an existential terrorist threat.

They were never willing to be practical.

To be fair, the best US senator, Rand Paul, does have libertarian roots.

Nietzsche

ol skool

Post by ol skool » Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:40 pm

Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:08 pm
I voted for Ron Paul in 1988 or whenever. LIbertarianism lost its way after NAFTA. They kept supporting open borders under the theory that it would be fine if it weren't for the welfare state.

But we do have a welfare state. And an existential terrorist threat.

They were never willing to be practical.

To be fair, the best US senator, Rand Paul, does have libertarian roots.
Nothing wrong with libertarian roots. As a philosophy, it's an interesting idea to try to flesh out. Hans Herman Hoppe did probably the best job of laying out what a private law society would look like 20ish years ago in Democracy: The God That Failed.

Fast forward 6-7 years and I became aware that the question of whether a child can consent to sex was being hotly debated in libertarian corners of the internet. Maybe this was going on before; I don't know, but it's a pretty big red flag if a movement is unsure about this question.

True right-wingers and conservatives (these terms are not synonymous), have an easy answer: "No."

"Why"?

*reaches for gun*..."Because fuck you."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic