Biden in Trouble

Discussions. Still no racial epithets or political campaigning. Don’t bring any of this back to the sports boards. What’s said in FFA, stays in FFA.
Deebo

Biden in Trouble

Post by Deebo » Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:32 pm

Wanted to keep all the Biden stuff here

From Axios:
1 big thing: "I am an elderly man"

President Biden speaks in the Diplomatic Room last night. Photo: Tom Brenner for The Washington Post via Getty Images
For years now, White House advisers have carefully choreographed President Biden's moves to avoid what exploded in full view in six hours yesterday: a vivid display of an elderly man struggling on the public stage.
Why it matters: Days after repeatedly referencing talks with dead world leaders, Biden, 81, went before cameras last night to bash a just-released special counsel's report that portrayed him as feeble and forgetful — then confused Egypt's president with Mexico's.
• Biden's hastily arranged nighttime remarks came after the special counsel's report said the president wouldn't be charged with having classified documents, but blistered him as "an elderly man with a poor memory" — a political indictment sure to resonate through the 2024 campaign, Axios' Alex Thompson and Hans Nichols write.
Biden reprised that line when last night's remarks degenerated into a rowdy scrum, with Fox News' Peter Doocy lobbing curt questions about the 383-page report by special counsel Robert Hur.
• "I'm well-meaning and I'm an elderly man and I know what the hell I'm doing," Biden said. "I've been president and I put this country back on its feet. I don't need his recommendation."
Doocy followed up: "How bad is your memory and can you continue as president?"
• Biden retorted: "My memory is so bad I let you speak."
Between the lines: Yesterday's stunning events alarmed many senior Democrats, including former aides to Biden.
• Some acknowledged that the report and Biden's appearance afterward could fuel doubts about his chance of being re-elected, and then serving as president until he's 86.
One House Democrat called Biden's verbal slip-ups "awful," and wondered why the president's staff allowed him to hold a press conference — then field reporters' shouted questions "that late at night after a full day," instead of this morning, when he'd be "fresh."
• A former Biden White House official simply said: "Brutal."

This image from the special counsel's report shows the box where classified Afghanistan documents were found in Biden's garage in Wilmington, Del., during a search by the FBI on Dec. 21, 2022. Photo: Justice Department
🔎 Zoom in: Choking back anger, Biden noted that the report had claimed he couldn't recall the year his son Beau died of a brain tumor (2015).

o "How in the hell dare he raise that," Biden said. "Frankly, when I was asked the question, I thought to myself: 'Wasn't any of their damn business.'"
Biden insisted "my memory is fine," blamed his staff for the mishandling of classified documents in his home — and referred to President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi of Egypt as the president of Mexico when talking about the war in Gaza:
• "I think — as you know — initially, the president of Mexico, Sisi, did not want to open up the gate to humanitarian material to get in."

Courtesy N.Y. Post
💭 A former Biden aide described Democrats' dilemma: "Taking the nomination away from Biden is like taking the car keys away from your parents."
• Watch Biden's speech ... Read the report ... Share this story.

2. 👀 Scoop — Jill Biden: "Why didn't anyone stop that?"

Cover: Crown

Axios has obtained an excerpt from "American Woman" — a book about modern first ladies by the N.Y. Times' Katie Rogers, out Feb. 27 — that's eerily relevant to last night's debacle.
It was Jan 19, 2022. President Biden and top aides were gathered in the Treaty Room, the president's study in the executive residence, after a press conference that ran nearly two hours. He made several factual errors.
• Suddenly, the group saw First Lady Jill Biden in the doorway, Rogers writes:
"She had watched the news conference, and the look on her face told everyone in the room — from the president on down — that they had some explaining to do."
• "Why didn't anyone stop that?" she demanded.
"This dressing down ... illustrated the degree to which she is her husband's fiercest protector," Rogers writes:
"Everyone stayed silent, looking at one another, and then at her, and back to one another. That included the most powerful man in the world. Her husband essentially played along, not offering an answer, even though aides had slipped him a card suggesting he end the press conference."
"Where were you guys?" the first lady asked the aides. "Where was the person who was going to end the press conference?"
Between the lines: "Her dislike of Trump was a driving reason behind her support for Joe's campaign for the presidency, and it remains so for his reelection effort, even if that means he will not leave office until age eighty-six at the end of a second term," Rogers writes.
• "The amount of work Joe takes home with him from the Oval Office is daunting — he brings stacks of briefing books to the residence each evening — and she knows how much the job is draining him."
Share this story ... More on the book.

3. 🎰 Prediction markets: Biden odds down

Screenshot: PredictIt's odds of President Biden winning the Democratic primary at 10:30 p.m. ET last night
President Biden's odds of being the Democratic presidential nominee fell sharply in online prediction markets last night, Axios' Alex Thompson notes.
• Above you see the action on PredictIt, a website where traders wager money on politics.
🥊 Reality check: Even with the drop, he remains the overwhelming favorite.

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:03 pm

Who the hell at the WH thought that press conference was a good idea?

Beyond that, it's way past the point of no return to replace him.

Only real option is Kamala Harris (who is somehow worse), so that's a non starter.

.Kodiak

Post by .Kodiak » Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:15 pm

Pabst wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:03 pm

Only real option is Kamala Harris (who is somehow worse), so that's a non starter.
Newsome has clearly been the backup plan all along, running a shadow campaign. I think if Biden withdraws after most of the primaries, those delegates are free to pledge to anyone else. And it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that those pledges will go to Newsome and not Kamala.

It's also interesting that Biden has not ditched Kamala. Replacing her with Newsome as his VP would probably help with voters concerned about Biden's age that don't want Kamala.

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:44 pm

.Kodiak wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:15 pm
Pabst wrote:

Newsome has clearly been the backup plan all along, running a shadow campaign. I think if Biden withdraws after most of the primaries, those delegates are free to pledge to anyone else. And it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that those pledges will go to Newsome and not Kamala.

It's also interesting that Biden has not ditched Kamala. Replacing her with Newsome as his VP would probably help with voters concerned about Biden's age that don't want Kamala.
Newsome's approval rating is underwater in *California* and that state is a trainwreck right now. No chance.

We're also less than 4 weeks from Super Tuesday. Can't change the primary ballots at this point

Stosh-67

Post by Stosh-67 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:57 pm

https://apnews.com/article/biden-ghostw ... a2d01ad545

Now Biden shared his classified documents with a writer.......
Can anyone honestly say what the response would be if Trump shared classified documents with a writer?
Nah, Joe is just a warm old man, memory is not what it used to be, harmless.

Holly hell, the MSM, the grilling press questions, the calls for another impeachment, the calls for the 25th amendment, it would be 24/7, the Ds would be out of control.

But ole Joe, its ok, just a little memory loss.
But he is still fit to be running this country.
This country has lost its mind over Joe Biden.

Yet, Trump shuffled his feet down an icy metal ramp once 3+ years ago ( a precautionary shuffling that each and every one of us has done dozens of time ) ..........and yet, it set the MSM on fire, doctors interviewed daily on his cognitive decline, the need to invoke the 25th because of it. Madness.
The double standard is insane. No body in their unbiased, right of mind can dispute the double standard. Wicked.

Where are the doctors on CNN, MSNBC, etc. etc.....speaking about Biden's cognitive decline absence? Anybody?

Was watching morning Joe and Minka on their white privilaged morning show earlier and they had a guest explain the latest Biden blunders and incompetency..........and Minkas first response on Biden, was that Trump has 91 indictments. You can't make this up. Joe chimed in with his Trump reply on Biden,... as Minka just shook her head back and forth.

What happened to journalism?

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden worked so closely with the ghostwriter with whom he is accused of sharing classified secrets that he once declared that he’d trust the author with his life.

Mark Zwonitzer worked with Biden on two memoirs, 2007’s “Promises to Keep” and “Promise Me, Dad,” which was published 10 years later. According to a report released Thursday by special counsel Robert Hur, Biden was sloppy in his handling of classified material found at his home and former office, and shared classified information contained in some of them with Zwonitzer while the two were working on the Biden’s second book.

Hur’s report says no criminal charges are warranted against Biden. It says his office considered charging Zwonitzer with obstruction of justice because the ghostwriter destroyed recordings of interviews he conducted with Biden while they worked on his second memoir together once he learned of the documents investigation. But Hur also said Zwonitzer offered “plausible, innocent reasons” for having done so and cooperated with investigators subsequently, meaning the evidence against him was likely “insufficient to obtain a conviction.”

Hours after the report was released, Biden addressed reporters at the White House and spoke to what he shared with Zwonitzer, saying, “I did not share classified information” adding he didn’t do so “with my ghostwriter. Guarantee you I did not.”
God knows who else had access to those classified documents.
I would imaging that bad people, other countries, would love to see some of that for a small price....or wire transfer.
In case anyone living there had a bad habit and expensive lifestyle to support and needed a few hundred grand.
Last edited by Stosh-67 on Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stosh-67

Post by Stosh-67 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:58 pm

.Kodiak wrote:
Pabst wrote:

Can't see that happening Kodiak....
Imagine the backlash......
Whoopi and the hags of the view would lose their mind.

Stosh-67

Post by Stosh-67 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:18 pm

It says his office considered charging Zwonitzer with obstruction of justice because the ghostwriter destroyed recordings of interviews he conducted with Biden
once he learned of the documents investigation.
This is mind boggling......
but par for the course.
Democrats destroying evidence.........is a non issue.
See Hilary.

1. Who in their write mind gets a once in a lifetime interview with a Vice President.........and destroys the recorded interviews
2. Were they not a treasured keepsake for his collection, something to show his family, something to show his grandchildren in 40-50 years.
3. Why destroy them? Was there incriminating topics?
4. He did not destroy them back after the interviews.......he did not wait 10-12 years and then destroy them. No. HE DESTROYED THEM ONCE THE INVESTIGATION INTO BIDEN AND THESE CLASSIFIED DOCUMENTS BROKE. Holly hell. What were in those recordings.
5. Who in their right mind now posses recorded interviews with a VP....WHI IS NOW PRESIDENT and destroys them as an even more valuable keepsake.
6. Swept under the rug...Ole harmless Joe. Swept under the rug once again.

How is the MSM, the press, congress, the senate, not grilling Herr about this cover up?
Oversight committee hearing questioning this writer?

Deebo

Post by Deebo » Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:26 pm

Stosh-67 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:57 pm
https://apnews.com/article/biden-ghostw ... a2d01ad545

Now Biden shared his classified documents with a writer.......
Can anyone honestly say what the response would be if Trump shared classified documents with a writer?
Nah, Joe is just a warm old man, memory is not what it used to be, harmless.

Holly hell, the MSM, the grilling press questions, the calls for another impeachment, the calls for the 25th amendment, it would be 24/7, the Ds would be out of control.

But ole Joe, its ok, just a little memory loss.
But he is still fit to be running this country.
This country has lost its mind over Joe Biden.

Yet, Trump shuffled his feet down an icy metal ramp once 3+ years ago ( a precautionary shuffling that each and every one of us has done dozens of time ) ..........and yet, it set the MSM on fire, doctors interviewed daily on his cognitive decline, the need to invoke the 25th because of it. Madness.
The double standard is insane. No body in their unbiased, right of mind can dispute the double standard. Wicked.

Was watching morning Joe and Minka on their white privilaged morning show earlier and they had a guest explain the latest Biden blunders and incompetency..........and Minkas first response on Biden, was that Trump has 91 indictments. You can't make this up. Joe chimed in with his Trump reply on Biden,... as Minka just shook her head back and forth.

What happened to journalism?

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden worked so closely with the ghostwriter with whom he is accused of sharing classified secrets that he once declared that he’d trust the author with his life.

Mark Zwonitzer worked with Biden on two memoirs, 2007’s “Promises to Keep” and “Promise Me, Dad,” which was published 10 years later. According to a report released Thursday by special counsel Robert Hur, Biden was sloppy in his handling of classified material found at his home and former office, and shared classified information contained in some of them with Zwonitzer while the two were working on the Biden’s second book.

Hur’s report says no criminal charges are warranted against Biden. It says his office considered charging Zwonitzer with obstruction of justice because the ghostwriter destroyed recordings of interviews he conducted with Biden while they worked on his second memoir together once he learned of the documents investigation. But Hur also said Zwonitzer offered “plausible, innocent reasons” for having done so and cooperated with investigators subsequently, meaning the evidence against him was likely “insufficient to obtain a conviction.”

Hours after the report was released, Biden addressed reporters at the White House and spoke to what he shared with Zwonitzer, saying, “I did not share classified information” adding he didn’t do so “with my ghostwriter. Guarantee you I did not.”
God knows who else had access to those classified documents.
I would imaging that bad people, other countries, would love to see some of that for a small price....or wire transfer.
In case anyone living there had a bad habit and expensive lifestyle to support and needed a few hundred grand.
My wife had on Good Morning America on this morning and I watched for the first 5 mins to see what they'd say. They did their typical story teasers (including Biden). And I'm thinking "ok, they'll get to his mistake about Mexico/Egypt quickly". NOPE

First part of the story was basically that Biden was exonerated about the docs. 1 sentence about WHY he was exonerated. And in those first 5 minutes they didn't pull the clip where he said he wasn't in mental decline/Mexico thing

MSM isn't even hiding their dick riding for Biden now. It's obvious to anyone who pays attention.

.Kodiak

Post by .Kodiak » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:08 pm

Stosh-67 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:58 pm
Nope, once the NYT gets onboard - and they will - the clucking hens on the view will fall in line.

The Dem media only criticizes the party, for the most part, when they aren't "progressive enough". They'll find a way to rationalize it, but mostly just deflect by saying "this has to be done to stop Trump and preserve Democracy!!!!".

The party will get behind anyone that can win, just like they did with Biden, and that doesn't include Kamala. It's the same reason so many vote for Trump despite not liking him, because they think he has the best chance to win.

Stosh-67

Post by Stosh-67 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:21 pm

I think we all agree the double standard and the MSM bias and double standard is glaringly one sided....

And I mentioned the LATE night talk shows and SNL.........

Where are the skits on Biden and his memory,
Having conversations with people who died 30 years ago.....
Kamala and her cackling and word salad?
Maybe I am missing them, since I do not watch SNL much......is it on at 10 PM now? Thought it used to be 11:30?

And if you want to really get a gauge for the free Biden pass and under the rug sweeping........... and TDS.........
Rotate the channels at 11:30....2, 4 and 7......Fallen, Kimmel and Colbert.....
They are truly obsessed and deranged.

Guaranteed...
All three of their opening monologues, with-in the first 30 seconds.....ONE minute tops, will be about Trump.
Not about the walking comedy show of bumbling, jumbling, stuttering, and zoning out at the mic - Joe Biden.

Its really sad.
People laugh and applaud ?
or they pump in laughter?

If you do the 3 minute challenge on any of these weeknight shows...........you will find Colbert has the worst case of TDS. Beyond incurable.

As Denzel will say, i believe at least ONCE in every one of his movies "I Guarantee It"

Stosh-67

Post by Stosh-67 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:26 pm

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:27 pm

People.

The kool aide right did not freak out when Trump senilely started accusing Nikki Haley of being Pelosi not doing enough beef up security at the capitol.

The kool aide left is not going to abandon Biden for confusing Egyptian and Mexican heads of state.

This shit show is locked in.

I predict a Trump win.

I also predict that I do not follow the news for about a year and mostly concentrate on learning jazz bass and reading sci fi novels while the world burns down.

I mean, what are you going to do in times like these?

Stosh, Fox is not different from tonight show hosts. People are just playing to an audience to make money. This isn't hard.

Enjoy the thread fellas. I'm likely going to go back on my internet diet.
“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:34 pm

.Kodiak wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:08 pm
Stosh-67 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:58 pm
Nope, once the NYT gets onboard - and they will - the clucking hens on the view will fall in line.

The Dem media only criticizes the party, for the most part, when they aren't "progressive enough". They'll find a way to rationalize it, but mostly just deflect by saying "this has to be done to stop Trump and preserve Democracy!!!!".

The party will get behind anyone that can win, just like they did with Biden, and that doesn't include Kamala. It's the same reason so many vote for Trump despite not liking him, because they think he has the best chance to win.
The party can't just snap their fingers and make it happen. We're already 3 primary stats in and the filing deadline has long passed to get anyone else on the ballot.

The only options for Dems at this point would be for Biden to drop out before the end of March and a brokered convention.

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:37 pm

Stosh-67 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:21 pm
I think we all agree the double standard and the MSM bias and double standard is glaringly one sided....

And I mentioned the LATE night talk shows and SNL.........
True. And this is why so many MSM outlets are in financial dire straits and viewership of Late Night TV / SNL is in the toilet.

They've created a Catch 22 for themselves - They've alienated right-leaning viewers, while left-leaning viewers expect to be catered to. Any attempt to correct the problem leads to a lefty freakout.

.Kodiak

Post by .Kodiak » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:46 pm

Pabst wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:37 pm
True. And this is why so many MSM outlets are in financial dire straits and viewership of Late Night TV / SNL is in the toilet.

They've created a Catch 22 for themselves - They've alienated right-leaning viewers, while left-leaning viewers expect to be catered to. Any attempt to correct the problem leads to a lefty freakout.
It's not just the huge partisanship on late night and SNL, it's just not funny any more. The jokes are mostly just mean-spirited cheapshots these days "Ohhh look at Trump, look how fat he is...he looks like a whale HAHAHAHAHAAHA".

You can be partisan and still funny like when Jon Stewart or Colbert were on Comedy Central. But Colbert these days WOW he's become a total hack. Just dumb, low-brow comedy these days.

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:08 pm

.Kodiak wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:46 pm
It's not just the huge partisanship on late night and SNL, it's just not funny any more. The jokes are mostly just mean-spirited cheapshots these days "Ohhh look at Trump, look how fat he is...he looks like a whale HAHAHAHAHAAHA".

You can be partisan and still funny like when Jon Stewart or Colbert were on Comedy Central. But Colbert these days WOW he's become a total hack. Just dumb, low-brow comedy these days.
Stewart's new show was awful.

Stewart & Colbert are, in some ways, victims of their own success. They spawned so many imitators that the snarky political comedy genre is way over-saturated.

But beyond that, Liberalism/Progressivism dominates the landscape today well beyond what it did even 15 years ago. It's hard to argue you're speaking truth to power when you're entire show is about a guy that hasn't been in office for 3 years and when progressive causes are championed by Hollywood, Academia, and most of Corporate America.

Biden was a literal internet meme for his 8 years as VP and he constantly falls over himself when speaking publicly as President. If you can't get material out of that you're too far gone. Seriously...Dana Carvey has done off the cuff Biden impressions that kill anything SNL has put out.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:13 pm

Pabst wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:08 pm
.Kodiak wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:46 pm

Stewart's new show was awful.

Stewart & Colbert are, in some ways, victims of their own success. They spawned so many imitators that the snarky political comedy genre is way over-saturated.

But beyond that, Liberalism/Progressivism dominates the landscape today well beyond what it did even 15 years ago. It's hard to argue you're speaking truth to power when you're entire show is about a guy that hasn't been in office for 3 years and when progressive causes are championed by Hollywood, Academia, and most of Corporate America.

Biden was a literal internet meme for his 8 years as VP and he constantly falls over himself when speaking publicly as President. If you can't get material out of that you're too far gone. Seriously...Dana Carvey has done off the cuff Biden impressions that kill anything SNL has put out.
Maybe it's a problem that 90% of our culture seems to be indexed to television? Just a thought.
“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

.Kodiak

Post by .Kodiak » Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:19 pm

Pabst wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:34 pm
The only options for Dems at this point would be for Biden to drop out before the end of March and a brokered convention.
That's exactly what I'm referring to. Newsome has clearly been the Plan B since about, ohhh, last October.

The real question is if that has actually been "Plan A" all along.

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:30 pm

.Kodiak wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:19 pm
Pabst wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:34 pm
That's exactly what I'm referring to. Newsome has clearly been the Plan B since about, ohhh, last October.

The real question is if that has actually been "Plan A" all along.
I think you are VASTLY overestimating Newsome's popularity.

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:38 pm

Professor Half Wit wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:13 pm
Maybe it's a problem that 90% of our culture seems to be indexed to television? Just a thought.
If you switch out "television" with "major media companies" I'd agree.

Frankly, i think the bigger issue is that that 90% of our (popular) culture is about trying to resurrect/recreate shit that was popular in the past.

Why did John Stewart's show flop? Because he's doing the same shtick he was doing 20 years ago.
Why are all the new Star Wars shows terrible? Because you've been recycling the same characters for (literally) 50 years.
Why are the new Marvel movies awful? Because we're 30 some-odd films into this franchise based on comics written in the 1960s.

Post by 955876 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:06 pm

Pabst wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:44 pm
.Kodiak wrote:
Pabst wrote:

Newsome's approval rating is underwater in *California* and that state is a trainwreck right now. No chance.

We're also less than 4 weeks from Super Tuesday. Can't change the primary ballots at this point
Huh??? What???

We love ole Gavin out here in CA. Love him.

I kid. I don’t believe for a second those recalls were legit. Have never met anyone here that approves of the guy.

Coming to a city near you because he’s preparing for a presidential run.

Meanwhile Joe Biden: Derrrr I was talking to ole Gorbachev yesterday and ahhhhh daaaahhh told him his war in ummmmm ahhhh errrrr Mexico isnt going too well derrrrrr ummm where’s Jackie and God Save the Queen.
Jibbs: The Road to Nowhere Leads to Me…

Dan Smith--BYU

Post by Dan Smith--BYU » Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:36 pm

Why did John Stewart's show flop? Because he's doing the same shtick he was doing 20 years ago.
Why are all the new Star Wars shows terrible? Because you've been recycling the same characters for (literally) 50 years.
Why are the new Marvel movies awful? Because we're 30 some-odd films into this franchise based on comics written in the 1960s.

Wrong on the first two counts.

First of all, I'm an OG Stewart hater even though I couldn't stand Bush/Cheney. Stewart's schtick back then was to show a clip and then do the shock face. Over and over. But at least he was punching up. Colbert did at that famous White House dinner and that was brave and funny.

A couple of years ago Stewart went on Colbert and punched up in the best bit I have ever seen him do questioning the wet market consensus on COVID. An explosion of chocolatey goodness in Hershey PA is mostly like from the choc factory not a mating pangolin.

On his new show he constantly punches down, comforting the comfortable. That does not work in comedy. Carlin could not be pro-Nixon and it wouldn't be funny even if you liked Nixon.

Star Wars was never all that save Empire. Watch the first one again, the acting is cringe. But that one is not due to copying (except ep. 7 which ripped off 1) but the woke manic Kathleen Kennedy who really just wants to destroy it.

MCU isn't awful but how many of these can you make? Eventually even good franchise ideas have to burn out after twenty years and even Lord of the Rings 12 would be pretty bad at this time. People get sick of everything.

Note that Top Gun somehow made it work the second time. You can build on the successful past and keep it fresh (liberal). You can't keep doing the same thing over and over (reactionary). What you sure as hell can't do is trash the original and try to use it as a microphone for your left wing Force is Female or Trans agenda (Disney, not only Star Wars but Snow White).

You can't keep doing the same thing and you can't go out and destroy things.

This is why liberal-conservative yin-yang America worked and leftist American doesn't.
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.

Nietzsche

Dan Smith--BYU

Post by Dan Smith--BYU » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:16 am

Hawley is right. He must either face the charges or the 25th Amendment. Period.
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.

Nietzsche

Stosh-67

Post by Stosh-67 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:13 am

Professor Half Wit wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:27 pm
People.

The kool aide right did not freak out when Trump senilely started accusing Nikki Haley of being Pelosi not doing enough beef up security at the capitol.

The kool aide left is not going to abandon Biden for confusing Egyptian and Mexican heads of state.

This shit show is locked in.

I predict a Trump win.

I also predict that I do not follow the news for about a year and mostly concentrate on learning jazz bass and reading sci fi novels while the world burns down.

I mean, what are you going to do in times like these?

Stosh, Fox is not different from tonight show hosts. People are just playing to an audience to make money. This isn't hard.

Enjoy the thread fellas. I'm likely going to go back on my internet diet.
Good luck with that Jazz bass Pal. Your right in keeping busy with other things...
I cut my cable TV last week and got myself an old fashioned library card here in Barnegat NJ.... been walking and hiking with my 4 legged pal until it warms up in a few months..... and I get back on the kayak.
Lost 10-12 pounds on intermittent eating style change my middle guy put my wife and I on...started Jan 2nd.
Feeling better...

Post by 955876 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:15 am

Ha. Listen to you with all that hiking and eating well. All that good shit you are doing for yourself is making me jealous.

I’ve been off my workout routine since I went back to the office after Covid in like March 2021…

Keep sayin next week….

SteelerDayTrader

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:02 am

Lol

Trump cult members jumping on Biden

Lolololz

Go fuck yourselves and your orange god

You hateful dumb losers
Gorilla Warfare
🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

Stosh-67

Post by Stosh-67 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:37 pm

SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:02 am
Lol

Trump cult members jumping on Biden

Lolololz

Go fuck yourselves and your orange god

You hateful dumb losers
That is some really intelligent insight on this debate. You really provided some great points on how Biden has not been the most destructive and punishing president and administration of our lives.

I look forward to more words of your wisdom.

Stosh-67

Post by Stosh-67 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:14 pm

955876 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:15 am
Ha. Listen to you with all that hiking and eating well. All that good shit you are doing for yourself is making me jealous.

I’ve been off my workout routine since I went back to the office after Covid in like March 2021…

Keep sayin next week….
My Sonsay explained to us that my wife and I should try eating only within a 7 or 8 hour window to give your body a longer time to process and digest meals. Burn up excess fat.

1. I was eating rather picking way too much between and before Thanksgiving and up till the new year.

2. It was time to stop and change.

Hence, I eat between noon and 8 PM.
I cut out my kryptonite of late night ice cream....it was only a small 6 Oz glass in my mind.... but that 2nd glass was oh so good. Lol.

Drinking much more water...especially when I crave something off hours of my plan... and from wake till noon.
Not a coffee drinker.
I'll have water in morning..
Then tea at work.
Refilling hot water a time or two before noon.

I generally now make it till 12, 12:30 without a problem...
Will have a banana, nuts of various kind, raisins...
Then a lunch 2-3:00.
Dinner 6.30 - 7.
Try to turn off and shut down my pie hole before 8. Pm.

Hence... between sleep and noon the next day, my body is given 14-15+ hours to burn up my intake and fat.

Anyway.
Lost 12 pounds so far...Jan 2.
And even when I feel like I may have eaten or splurged a bit on a particular day, I still step on the scale the next morning with surprise.

I do cheat.
Thursday nights I teach.
Get out 8.30 /9.

My car has a slight pull to the right, lol. And a small cone at Dairy Queen over takes me. But I look at it as a reward for the weeks work.

My walking is mainly Saturday and Sunday. 10,000 steps min.
Did 14,000 and 18,000 last Sat and Sunday, over 14 miles
Goal is to shed 10 more by the time I put on swim trunks. Maybe 15.

One last thing.
He has us fast 24 hours, once every 2 weeks. Last meal by 7 pm...
Then dinner the next day around 7.

Try it.

Hope to hear anyone else's insight or tips. .... but maybe this needs to get out of the effin Joe Biden thread.

Post by 955876 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:08 pm

My ice cream is scotch or a martini after work.

And no breakfast at all?? I had heard of you eat nothing for breakfast your body will eat consume muscle because there is no fuel.

Could be wrong.

I’ve always been in pretty good shape naturally. Now in 50s it’s changing.

Covid was great for me. Would wrap up work for the day around 3 and then go dow to the garage to work out then go swim some laps in the pool.

Could go back upstairs and do some more work before dinner.

Now back to my old routine of being in the office till 6:30-7:00, having cocktail after work, late dinner…. Etc.

Trying to break that.

swissvale72

Post by swissvale72 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:46 pm

Here's my deal...don't really recommend anyone follow it.

I rarely eat anything in the morning, and not much throughout the day. I'll eat dinner and snack at night.

I've always been more disciplined around my workouts, def NOT disciplined around my eating. Though, having come from a "long line of hogs," I eat wayyy less than I used to. My dad, prior to being drated for WWII, then going to barber school, worked on the Pennsylvania Railroad. He would take 16 sandwiches for lunch. My Aunt Gail, his sister, verified this; she was the one packing his lunch. Dad's explanation...."Worked like a jackass; had to eat like one too."

Anyway, I retired...didn't really want to...a month ago, turned 69 a couple weeks ago. Since I retired, much more regular with my workout routine. Do about 30 min. aerobic shit at home daily, then try to get to the gym 2-3 times a week for some weights...on machines. Basically I do 18 sets total, not a whole lot, but enough so I don't turn to complete flab. Join Mrs. Swiss in the pool afterwards. Both my kids were competitive swimmers, my daughter still #4 all-time in the 100 back at her college. Me? Can't even put my face in the water. Would go whole summers as a kid without swimming, sometimes went to the Kennywood pool.

Other thing, I'm facing an eventual knee replacement...had my first knee surgery as a high school junior in 1970, pre-arthroscope days, then two more as a college sophomore....injured against freakin' Swarthmore...bunch of hippies in shoulder pads. My orthopedic doc would get pissed at my mom...."Can't you make him stop playing that damn football???" She couldn't...LOL. Played my final two years for the Flying Dutchmen of LVC uninjured. Played against Billy White Shoes Johnson (5 TDs against us), Joe Fields, Bruce Harper.

Anyway, my now knee doc...she's fuckin' HOT...doesn't like me. I don't listen. Don't wear this huge-ass knee brace she made me get. She tells me that she's done knee replacement in "3rd world countries who havent' had resoureces in 20 years" and my knee is like one of those. Said it would not be a conventional knee replacement. Last I saw her, asked her if I should come back in 3 months, she said "call if you need me," opened the door, said, "You have a TERRIBLE knee," and exited. I said, "I'm aware." End of story.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic