Round 4

A place to talk Steelers football and what else is going on around the NFL
steelmann58

Round 4

Post by steelmann58 » Sat May 01, 2021 6:24 am

We draft that Cb an That potential OT prospect in this round. Then after the draft we sign that Vet OLB like Kerrigan or Houston

stillthere

Post by stillthere » Sat May 01, 2021 6:36 am

steelmann58 wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 6:24 am
We draft that Cb an That potential OT prospect in this round. Then after the draft we sign that Vet OLB like Kerrigan or Houston
Kerrigan would be great if that is a doable thing. Steady pro, makes plays, is a team first guy, averages 9+ sacks a season & 26 forced fumbles.

Sign me up.

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Sat May 01, 2021 11:50 am

stillthere wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 6:36 am
steelmann58 wrote:
Kerrigan would be great if that is a doable thing. Steady pro, makes plays, is a team first guy, averages 9+ sacks a season & 26 forced fumbles.

Sign me up.
Ditto.
I’m starting to think that they aren’t looking for OT, at least not til very late. For some twisted ass reason they think they have a couple of gems already. Look, they paid Banner decent money. They see him as a starter, obviously.
“Ah, who cares about Seattle’s Space Needle? Dumb looking building, you can see the whole stupid town, built by some jag off! Pittsburgh got Mt. Warshington, gorgeous hillside, beautiful views of the whole city, built by God…we win!” - Pittsburgh Dad

stinger8

Post by stinger8 » Sat May 01, 2021 12:48 pm

Jobu wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 11:50 am
stillthere wrote:
steelmann58 wrote:

Sign me up.
Ditto.
I’m starting to think that they aren’t looking for OT, at least not til very late. For some twisted ass reason they think they have a couple of gems already. Look, they paid Banner decent money. They see him as a starter, obviously.
The vision I have of Banner is IIRC on the play he got hurt he was bull dozed into the turf and blew his knee out. If I am correct for a guy that is 350 plus that should not ever happen. I need to see to believe he is a starting tackle in the NFL.

I probably am in the minority but coming out of college I was very high on Chucky I loved his feet, looked like a young Nureyev :D :D . I admit he has not overwhelmed me yet, some good some bad but I think at RT he might still be the guy. This year will go a long way to saying yay or nay for me.

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Sat May 01, 2021 12:55 pm

stinger8 wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 12:48 pm
Jobu wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 11:50 am
stillthere wrote:

Sign me up.
Ditto.
The vision I have of Banner is IIRC on the play he got hurt he was bull dozed into the turf and blew his knee out. If I am correct for a guy that is 350 plus that should not ever happen. I need to see to believe he is a starting tackle in the NFL.

I probably am in the minority but coming out of college I was very high on Chucky I loved his feet, looked like a young Nureyev :D :D . I admit he has not overwhelmed me yet, some good some bad but I think at RT he might still be the guy. This year will go a long way to saying yay or nay for me.
Absolutely agree Stinger.
I could live with Chuks at RT, at least for another season. As a LT, ehhh.
I truly don’t understand the love Steelers fans, media, and the Steelers themselves (Shades) has for Banner. The guy has done absolutely nothing in his 5 year career, yet some act as if he’s a young Anthony Munoz...mind boggling! The guy is a career journeyman.
“Ah, who cares about Seattle’s Space Needle? Dumb looking building, you can see the whole stupid town, built by some jag off! Pittsburgh got Mt. Warshington, gorgeous hillside, beautiful views of the whole city, built by God…we win!” - Pittsburgh Dad

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Sat May 01, 2021 1:14 pm

I think today will be OT, EDGE, slot DB, WR, & a BPA or WTF pick.

Top of my list for each is:
OT James Hudson, Josh Ball, D'Ante Smith, Tommy Doyle, Kayode Awosika
EDGE Rashad Weaver, Andre Mintze, Ellerson Smith
SLOT ArDarius Washington, Mac McCain, Kary Vincent, Darren Hall, Thomas Graham
WR Cornell Powell, Jaelon Darden, Tamorrion Terry, Bailey Gaither, ISM, Jacob Harris, Mike Strachan, Kawaan Baker, Tim Jones
BPA/WTF TaQuon Graham, Donald Hammond III, Matt Bushman, Larry Borom, Avery Williams, Derrick Barnes
1 20 Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia
2 51 TRADE: Brandon Aiyuk, WR
3 84 Hunter Nourzad, C, Penn State
3× 98 Jarvis Brownlee, Jr., CB, Florida State
4 128 Qwan'tez Stiggers, DB, Toronto Argonauts

Steeldrama

Post by Steeldrama » Sat May 01, 2021 1:35 pm

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 1:14 pm

WR Cornell Powell, Jaelon Darden, Tamorrion Terry, Bailey Gaither, ISM, Jacob Harris, Mike Strachan, Kawaan Baker, Tim Jones
BPA/WTF TaQuon Graham, Donald Hammond III, Matt Bushman, Larry Borom, Avery Williams, Derrick Barnes
Good List, sir
Additionally, I like
OT: Stone Forsythe
Edge: Quincy Roche
Slot/CORNER: Israel Mukuamu, Tay Gowan, Zech McPherson, Shaun Wade
WR: Tylan Wallace
BPA/WTF: Kenny Gainwell, Trey Smith, Deonte Brown, Daviyon Nixon, Tyler Shelvin, Tyree Gillespie, Hamsah Nasildeen, Caden Sterns, Darrick Forrest, Brevin Jordan
Nick Markakis on Astros: "Every guy over there needs a beating."

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Sat May 01, 2021 1:48 pm

Everything on your list below Forsythe I either like or love. Forsythe is NY Knicks Ter-ri-ble in the run game and, well, wasn’t that the point of rebuilding the OL? He’s a fantastic pass protector though.

DP39

Post by DP39 » Sat May 01, 2021 1:59 pm

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 1:14 pm

The bolded are three that I think they might/should pick, for sure.

For the life of me I can't believe they think they don't need a good ILB from this draft, but it's the Steelers and they don't always think like most.

On O. their goal this draft is obvious. Power runner and OL with the quickness to pull like DD did a lot of earlier in his career. Harris at RB, Green at C, and Freiermuth at TE confirmed it. They just need a OT that can start at swing and move to starting next year, I guess.

Now on D, they need a starter at slot, and future (soon) starter at ILB, and serious depth/talent at EDGE, and a WR just because they always refill there.

SteelWIll

Post by SteelWIll » Sat May 01, 2021 2:00 pm

look for the ND Edge player today...Hayes, i think...

SteelWIll

Post by SteelWIll » Sat May 01, 2021 2:00 pm

look for the ND Edge player today...Hayes, i think...

bradshaw2ben
Site Admin

Post by bradshaw2ben » Sat May 01, 2021 2:01 pm

I like Ellerson Smith a lot... but Rashad Weaver is a no Brainer and I’ll die on the Andre Mintze hill too. Smith would be my 3rd guy but I wouldn’t complain.

SteelWIll

Post by SteelWIll » Sat May 01, 2021 2:04 pm

if Weaver is there....

DP39

Post by DP39 » Sat May 01, 2021 2:30 pm

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 2:01 pm
I like Ellerson Smith a lot... but Rashad Weaver is a no Brainer and I’ll die on the Andre Mintze hill too. Smith would be my 3rd guy but I wouldn’t complain.
Part of my thought process was what I think the PS will do. They always say they go BPA and rank them that way on their board. But, we know that their definition of BPA has a HUGE dose of need within their formula already. They have starters at OLB and ILB (maybe -- not sure if they view Vince as their starter or depth anymore, but probably starter). They need a slot CB and swing OT first is my guess. Which makes the EDGE pick a 6th or 7th I guess. If so, who's most likely available in that range?

Edit: With more thought as I type this, who the F knows what they think? :? :lol:

Another thought...I had mentioned they might use a future draft capital to buy today -- like previous years. You think they hold off doing that, because they know they might need all the draft picks they can muster next year to go get a top QB or do you think they could over qualify for more than the allotted four comp picks, so they use one this year?

jebrick

Post by jebrick » Sat May 01, 2021 2:57 pm

For EDGE I like William Bradley-King, Shaka Toney and Patrick Johnson
“If you see the handwriting on the wall, you’re in the toilet.”

- Fred Sanford

Kodiak

Post by Kodiak » Sat May 01, 2021 3:20 pm

When do we draft the small school midget gadget guy that runs a 4.3?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ben comes back, Tomlin doesn't = CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

jebrick

Post by jebrick » Sat May 01, 2021 3:25 pm

Kodiak wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 3:20 pm
Most of the fast midgets went in the first 2 rounds.
“If you see the handwriting on the wall, you’re in the toilet.”

- Fred Sanford

stinger8

Post by stinger8 » Sat May 01, 2021 4:04 pm

Kodiak wrote:
Why not just contact Dri Archer and save the pick for something else 8-)

Kodiak

Post by Kodiak » Sat May 01, 2021 4:11 pm

jebrick wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 3:25 pm
Kodiak wrote:
Then maybe a 4.5 midget with extra wiggle
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ben comes back, Tomlin doesn't = CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

stillthere

Post by stillthere » Sat May 01, 2021 5:01 pm

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 1:48 pm
Everything on your list below Forsythe I either like or love. Forsythe is NY Knicks Ter-ri-ble in the run game and, well, wasn’t that the point of rebuilding the OL? He’s a fantastic pass protector though.
FC was talking about taking him in the second round.

Minkah'n Big Plays

Post by Minkah'n Big Plays » Sat May 01, 2021 5:17 pm

Kodiak wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 4:11 pm
jebrick wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
Hey. guys pleasseeeeeee can we stop with the m word i already had written up on a thread about this term and how we need to stop using it.

My daughter has achondroplasia and we need to stop from the derogatory slur. It was just said 4 or 5 times in a row.

I would love if we could use different words. It's offensive.

VeritasSteel

Post by VeritasSteel » Sat May 01, 2021 5:51 pm

The word midget or retard or nigger or faggot are just words. No one here’s intention here is to insult your beautiful daughter but a 4 page letter describing it as a pejorative term would have the opposite affect of what you intented and would’ve come across as self serving. And even a well crafted letter doesn’t help your daughter because it seeks mask capitulation into acceptance.

I’m a black man who grew up in probably the most racist county Florida- acceptance will never be given by government, parents, or well meaning individuals it has to be earned by those seeking it. Not with violence or bullshit laws but in acceptance of who you are to the point where the word nigger doesn’t affect me no matter who says it.

In the words of Tyrion Lannister

“Let me give you some advice, bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.”

86n96

Post by 86n96 » Sat May 01, 2021 7:45 pm

Minkah'n Big Plays wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 5:17 pm
Kodiak wrote:
jebrick wrote:

Hey. guys pleasseeeeeee can we stop with the m word i already had written up on a thread about this term and how we need to stop using it.

My daughter has achondroplasia and we need to stop from the derogatory slur. It was just said 4 or 5 times in a row.

No offense intended, but you would've never survived this board in it's heyday.
"I got nothing." - KC

Flanker

Post by Flanker » Sat May 01, 2021 8:42 pm

VeritasSteel wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 5:51 pm
The word midget or retard or nigger or faggot are just words. No one here’s intention here is to insult your beautiful daughter but a 4 page letter describing it as a pejorative term would have the opposite affect of what you intented and would’ve come across as self serving. And even a well crafted letter doesn’t help your daughter because it seeks mask capitulation into acceptance.

I’m a black man who grew up in probably the most racist county Florida- acceptance will never be given by government, parents, or well meaning individuals it has to be earned by those seeking it. Not with violence or bullshit laws but in acceptance of who you are to the point where the word nigger doesn’t affect me no matter who says it.

“Let me give you some advice, bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.”
I respect your mindset. I am not a fan of grown adults finding a reason to be offended about seemingly everything nowadays.

I do care about a child's feelings getting hurt. After having a child I care about all kids for some reason... before that I had no soul and all kids were brats.

Question for Minkah'n... Why is midget more offensive that dwarf or little person? They all seem somewhat demeaning to me. If I had the unfortunate condition your daughter has I would just want to be considered normal but that is not reality. My question comes from a good place because I'm ignorant to the subject.

Steelperch

Post by Steelperch » Sat May 01, 2021 8:42 pm

86n96 wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 7:45 pm
Kodiak wrote:

We need Swissvale72 to write a front page article comparing the m word to the n word. That’s our only hope.
Redskins Draft:
Marvin Harrison, Jr., WR, Ohio State
Patrick Paul OT Houston
Jordan Morgan OT Arizona
Ja'Tavion Sanders, TE, Texas
TJ Tampa, CB, Iowa State
Trevin Wallace LB Kentucky
Bucky Irving RB Oregon
Jordan Travis QB FSU

Steelperch

Post by Steelperch » Sat May 01, 2021 8:42 pm

86n96 wrote:
Kodiak wrote:

We need Swissvale72 to write a front page article comparing the m word to the n word. That’s our only hope.
Redskins Draft:
Marvin Harrison, Jr., WR, Ohio State
Patrick Paul OT Houston
Jordan Morgan OT Arizona
Ja'Tavion Sanders, TE, Texas
TJ Tampa, CB, Iowa State
Trevin Wallace LB Kentucky
Bucky Irving RB Oregon
Jordan Travis QB FSU

Minkah'n Big Plays

Post by Minkah'n Big Plays » Sat May 01, 2021 9:26 pm

Flanker wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 8:42 pm
VeritasSteel wrote:

I respect your mindset. I am not a fan of grown adults finding a reason to be offended about seemingly everything nowadays.

I do care about a child's feelings getting hurt. After having a child I care about all kids for some reason... before that I had no soul and all kids were brats.

Question for Minkah'n... Why is midget more offensive that dwarf or little person? They all seem somewhat demeaning to me. If I had the unfortunate condition your daughter has I would just want to be considered normal but that is not reality. My question comes from a good place because I'm ignorant to the subject.
This is my wife narrating, both of my kids.

Wife has already had multiple companies drop the term from product labels.

Any education on the use of the term is always a positive. The LPA have really been trying to rid the term labeling it as offensive.

https://youtu.be/tCN-0ZRjWEo

Minkah'n Big Plays

Post by Minkah'n Big Plays » Sat May 01, 2021 9:29 pm

VeritasSteel wrote:

Just because "nigger" doesnt offend you doesn't mean i cannot continue to advocate for my daughter based on a term that I find offensive because the majority of the LPA community tells me that. That's all.

Minkah'n Big Plays

Post by Minkah'n Big Plays » Sat May 01, 2021 10:12 pm

Flanker wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 8:42 pm
VeritasSteel wrote:

Her condition isn't "unfortunate", just is/will be peoples biases towards her.

Minkah'n Big Plays

Post by Minkah'n Big Plays » Sat May 01, 2021 10:17 pm

86n96 wrote:
Kodiak wrote:

Been teaching high school for 19 years in Brooklyn, more culturally diverse than anywhere in America.

Heard it all.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic