1-0 mock

Mock drafts, college sports news, college football
SteelerDayTrader

1-0 mock

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:19 am

1) Malik Willis QB Liberty - Ive gone back and forth about drafting a QB while Ben is still doing great, but if THIS kid falls I think you gotta take him. Even if he sits for 5 years.

2) Phidarian Mathis DL Bama - Could play any spot on the DL well in the AFC North. He just looks like a solid C2 type player to me that will be a great DL add to build on.

3) Sean Rhyan RG UCLA - A 320 lb RT that will move inside and help bookend Green with some beef.

3) Matt Bedford RT Indiana - Another pick Ive gone back and forth about, but one of the more consistent ways to win in the NFL is to create mismatch units and play to their strength. Bedford would help build a mauling OL at RT and make things much better for Ben and Najee. Might be a little high but I don’t think he lasts till the 5th.

5) Marcelino McCrary-Ball SS/ILB Indiana - Is he a S or a LB ? IDK but the Steelers D hasn’t been the same since Troy left and I think you collect middle of the field players like Ball in the late rds and just let the chips fall where they may.

7) Jequez Ezzard WR Sam Houston - Not much point drafting a WR late unless he is guaranteed to improve your STs and has upside potential at WR. There is a decent chance the Steelers move on from both JJSS and Washington next year and I would bet a PS level guy like Cody White will get some shots at making the 53. Ezzard seems like a guy who could be a decent pro on the right team.

7) Keaontay Ingram RB Texas - Good receiving option who won’t go down on first contact and isn’t afraid to mix it up in the box as a RB

Colts Draft 2024
1 Terrion Arnold DB
2 T’Vondre Sweat DL
3 Isaac Guerendo RB/WR
4 Tykee Smith DB
5 Ainias Smith WR/RB
6 KT Leveston OL
7 Ulumoo Ale DL/OL

Gorilla Warfare
🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

cop1211

Post by cop1211 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:11 am

Drafting at 15 or lower.

1.CB
2.RT
3a.WR
3b.RG
4. traded for Loudermilk
5.TE
6.traded for Shobert
7a.OLB
7b.CB

SteelerDayTrader

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:26 am

cop1211 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:11 am
Drafting at 15 or lower.
I really doubt that.
Colts Draft 2024
1 Terrion Arnold DB
2 T’Vondre Sweat DL
3 Isaac Guerendo RB/WR
4 Tykee Smith DB
5 Ainias Smith WR/RB
6 KT Leveston OL
7 Ulumoo Ale DL/OL

Gorilla Warfare
🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

SteelerDayTrader

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:46 am

cop1211 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:11 am

1.CB
2.RT
3a.WR
3b.RG
4. traded for Loudermilk
5.TE
6.traded for Shobert
7a.OLB
7b.CB
CB is interesting at 1. The Steelers have Sutton locked up and seemed to be moving in that direction with Pierre along with bringing Witherspoon and Maulet on board for 1 yr deals in addition to Haden who’s contract is up and Layne who is locked til 23.

I wanted to draft a SS or at least a DL there around 32 but couldn’t find value. CB had value IIRC ? If the Steelers go rd 1 CB I just can’t see them burning a 7 there too.

All the other picks I get to a point.......the Steelers need more than UDFAs or 7th rders at DL tho
Colts Draft 2024
1 Terrion Arnold DB
2 T’Vondre Sweat DL
3 Isaac Guerendo RB/WR
4 Tykee Smith DB
5 Ainias Smith WR/RB
6 KT Leveston OL
7 Ulumoo Ale DL/OL

Gorilla Warfare
🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

cop1211

Post by cop1211 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:31 am

Add a DL in FA.

Ice

Post by Ice » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:47 pm

If it's Willis, I'm good (great, actually), with going QB. I'm not enamored with any of the rest yet.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile...

SteelerDayTrader

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:28 pm

Ice wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:47 pm
If it's Willis, I'm good (great, actually), with going QB. I'm not enamored with any of the rest yet.
Totally agree.I think Willis is an outlier talent
Colts Draft 2024
1 Terrion Arnold DB
2 T’Vondre Sweat DL
3 Isaac Guerendo RB/WR
4 Tykee Smith DB
5 Ainias Smith WR/RB
6 KT Leveston OL
7 Ulumoo Ale DL/OL

Gorilla Warfare
🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

smithessmokin

Post by smithessmokin » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:29 pm

I'm an Indiana guy through and through and worked in the recruiting department from 2012-2018. I'm telling you right now I wouldn't draft Marcelino Ball if I had 10 draft picks on Day 3. He's a great athlete and a marginal football player. He falls of tackles and overruns plays often. He is the same player Antoine Brooks is/was from Maryland. I like Bedford a little but he 1000% a OG in the NFL. He has struggles playing OT at IU, which is why IU moved him to guard.

Love Willis, think he could be really special with even better skill players around him. He needs to work on his internal clock and work to make his release quicker, two things that concern me. Some QBs never develop that (hey look at Mason Rudolph).

Also really like Ryan, think he's more of a Day 1 prospect when all is said and done. Also think he can stay at tackle in the NFL, currently the LT for UCLA and he's done a really good job so far. Think his stock will only rise as the season goes on.

Remember wanting to recruit Mathis as IU, me and buddy Paul who was another intern said before offers started rolling in that he was a prototypical two gap 34 DE. We're starting to get better pass rushers at DE, which Mathis has yet to show but he's just a hard-nosed football player.

Haven't started evaluating WRs and RBs yet. Know nothing about Ezzard but Ingram would definitely add some talent to a poor RB room in Pittsburgh.

SteelerDayTrader

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:24 pm

smithessmokin wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:29 pm
I'm an Indiana guy through and through and worked in the recruiting department from 2012-2018. I'm telling you right now I wouldn't draft Marcelino Ball if I had 10 draft picks on Day 3. He's a great athlete and a marginal football player. He falls of tackles and overruns plays often. He is the same player Antoine Brooks is/was from Maryland. I like Bedford a little but he 1000% a OG in the NFL. He has struggles playing OT at IU, which is why IU moved him to guard.

Love Willis, think he could be really special with even better skill players around him. He needs to work on his internal clock and work to make his release quicker, two things that concern me. Some QBs never develop that (hey look at Mason Rudolph).

Also really like Ryan, think he's more of a Day 1 prospect when all is said and done. Also think he can stay at tackle in the NFL, currently the LT for UCLA and he's done a really good job so far. Think his stock will only rise as the season goes on.

Remember wanting to recruit Mathis as IU, me and buddy Paul who was another intern said before offers started rolling in that he was a prototypical two gap 34 DE. We're starting to get better pass rushers at DE, which Mathis has yet to show but he's just a hard-nosed football player.

Haven't started evaluating WRs and RBs yet. Know nothing about Ezzard but Ingram would definitely add some talent to a poor RB room in Pittsburgh.
Good to know Smith
Colts Draft 2024
1 Terrion Arnold DB
2 T’Vondre Sweat DL
3 Isaac Guerendo RB/WR
4 Tykee Smith DB
5 Ainias Smith WR/RB
6 KT Leveston OL
7 Ulumoo Ale DL/OL

Gorilla Warfare
🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

smithessmokin

Post by smithessmokin » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:02 am

SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:24 pm
smithessmokin wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:29 pm

Good to know Smith
No problem. If anyone wants the scoop on IU prospects, come to me, I am your guy. I still talk to our Special Teams coordinator, he started out as a grad assistant when I was an intern and is a guy I trust to give it to me straight.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic