Supreme Court Overturns Roe v Wade After 50 Years

Discussions. Still no racial epithets or political campaigning. Don’t bring any of this back to the sports boards. What’s said in FFA, stays in FFA.
Deebo

Re: Supreme Court Overturns Roe v Wade After 50 Years

Post by Deebo » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:45 pm

Professor Half Wit wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:42 pm
Deebo wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:37 pm
Alibe wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:42 pm
You two are awfully smug in your interpretations of what will affect a woman when a EXTREME COURT just overturned the right of a woman to be in charge of her own reproductive choices after 50 years. A court made up of mostly men who perjured themselves to be able to get on the court to limit a Women’s rights and repay The Godfather.
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/03/opin ... -ios-share
Enjoy your selves in the mocking of people who are upset that a group of unelected fuckers have fucked this country.
So now the SC nominees perjured themselves?
This new poster sure is entertaining and hyperbolic
I believe the gentleposter refers to Gorsuch and Kavanaugh fervently repeating that for them Roe is settled law and then turning around and endorsing overturning it. Pretty amusing to see Collins and Manchin clutching pearls over it. Either they are stupid or they think they’re voters are.
There's a major difference between believing something is settled and having new thoughts on it vs straight-up lying under oath.

I wish our new "friend" could understand the nuance

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:22 pm

Deebo wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:45 pm
Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:42 pm
Deebo wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:37 pm

So now the SC nominees perjured themselves?
This new poster sure is entertaining and hyperbolic
I believe the gentleposter refers to Gorsuch and Kavanaugh fervently repeating that for them Roe is settled law and then turning around and endorsing overturning it. Pretty amusing to see Collins and Manchin clutching pearls over it. Either they are stupid or they think they’re voters are.
There's a major difference between believing something is settled and having new thoughts on it vs straight-up lying under oath.

I wish our new "friend" could understand the nuance
Lolololol

We’re supposed to think legal intellects of this caliber just now realized a new nuance?

Sure, it’s possible.
“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

SteelPro

Post by SteelPro » Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:35 pm

What do you all feel about embryos frozen for IVF? Seems some anti-abortion groups are ready to attack it.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/infertility- ... 16765.html
Representatives from four nationwide groups that oppose abortion said in interviews that they firmly believe all embryos to be humans but that regulating IVF embryos within abortion bans was not their first order of business.

“There is so much other work to be done in so many other areas,” said Laura Echevarria, a spokesperson for the National Right to Life Committee, citing parental notification laws and safety net programs for pregnant women and their families. “IVF is not even really on our radar.”

But Kristi Hamrick, a spokesperson for Students for Life Action, a large national anti-abortion group, noted that IVF has recently become part of the conversation.

“Protecting life from the very beginning is our ultimate goal, and in this new legal environment, we are researching issues like IVF, especially considering a business model that, by design, ends most of the lives conceived in a lab,” she said.
And though the trigger bans generally define abortion in connection with pregnancy, the language in some resonates uneasily in the infertility world. Arkansas, for example, defines an unborn child as “an individual organism of the species Homo sapiens from fertilization until live birth.”
People who quote themselves look like dogs who lick their balls

- Deebo referring to SteelerDayTrader

jebrick

Post by jebrick » Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:51 pm

That will be interesting.

Can I get Life insurance on the embryo?
Can I declare it on my taxes?
Can a women ask for child support from a man on the moment of conception?

They may be life but they are not citizens yet. Unless they want to go against the Constitution.
“If you see the handwriting on the wall, you’re in the toilet.”

- Fred Sanford

Post by 955876 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:08 pm

Rules for thee but not for me.

CA Governor Gavin Newsome is back in the news for not following his own damn rules.

CA has banned state funded travel to several states with conservative views on abortion. And yet, where does Gayvin decide to take his family for vacation?? Montana which is one of the states on his list.

His spokesperson was quick to rush to his defense by saying this is a family vacation that Newsome is paying for out of pocket.

Hmmmm that doesn’t quite pass the smell test. He certainly isn’t going to travel without security and I’m also pretty certain he isn’t paying for his security details travel, lodging, food, and general cost for their service out of pocket as well.

So state funds will be used for this travel.

Why is it so hard for these people to follow the very rules that THEY put in place?
Jibbs: The Road to Nowhere Leads to Me…

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:03 pm

955876 wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:08 pm

CA Governor Gavin Newsome is back in the news for not following his own damn rules.

CA has banned state funded travel to several states with conservative views on abortion. And yet, where does Gayvin decide to take his family for vacation?? Montana which is one of the states on his list.

His spokesperson was quick to rush to his defense by saying this is a family vacation that Newsome is paying for out of pocket.

Hmmmm that doesn’t quite pass the smell test. He certainly isn’t going to travel without security and I’m also pretty certain he isn’t paying for his security details travel, lodging, food, and general cost for their service out of pocket as well.

Why is it so hard for these people to follow the very rules that THEY put in place?
Is it an official state visit? If not, you’re just indulging your love of complaining.
“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

Post by 955876 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:09 pm

His rule says no state funds will be used for travel to those states.

While his vacation isn’t official state business his security detail is actually on official state business of protection the Governor.

So he’s breaking his own rules.

Again.

Now if you can provide me something showing that he is picking up the cost of his state funded security detail then you are correct there is nothing to complain about.

But we both know he’d never cover that tab himself.

Post by 955876 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:16 pm

There is also the grandstanding and political dog & pony show he is playing.

So he gets on his soapbox and makes an issue of these conservative states. Bans travel to them in regards to state funds being used.

So the state is so awful in their views that travel is banned.

But this same person is A-ok taking his family there for vacation.

As usual, his optics are horrible.

Pubic schools closed. But the private school his kiddos attend is wide open with in class learning.

Good for me but not for thee.

Typical of his kind.

Deebo

Post by Deebo » Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:27 pm

Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:03 pm
955876 wrote:

Is it an official state visit? If not, you’re just indulging your love of complaining.
For me, it's not even about who is paying for this trip.

It's the optics- it's a person essentially saying "I am taking a moral stand against this state".

But whoever is footing the bill (personal or Cali taxpayers), the state of Montana is still reaping the benefits. His family and security detail have to eat and pay for lodging. I'm sure he'll get a souvenir or they'll shop. So he's truly not putting his money where his mouth is.

I cannot stand hypocrites.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:48 pm

Deebo wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:27 pm
955876 wrote:

It's the optics- it's a person essentially saying "I am taking a moral stand against this state".

But whoever is footing the bill (personal or Cali taxpayers), the state of Montana is still reaping the benefits. His family and security detail have to eat and pay for lodging. I'm sure he'll get a souvenir or they'll shop. So he's truly not putting his money where his mouth is.

This is ridiculous. Montana is not a foreign nation. Any American should feel free to enjoy the beauty on offer in any state. The notion that spending money in a state where abortion is illegal while visiting the Rocky Mountains for personal pleasure makes you a hypocrite on abortion is just stupid af.

You ever been to a state with policies you disagreed with and spent money there? Good lord, man.

Post by 955876 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:11 pm

This is ridiculous. Montana is not a foreign nation. Any American should feel free to enjoy the beauty on offer in any state. The notion that spending money in a state where abortion is illegal while visiting the Rocky Mountains for personal pleasure makes you a hypocrite on abortion is just stupid af.
That isn’t the point.

The issue is HE implemented a rule stating no state funds will be used for travel to Montana.

And yet he is using state funds for travel to Montana. Thus, breaking his own rules.

Again.

If he ditched his security detail or pays that cost out of pocket I wouldn’t have posted this.

His security detail is on official state business.

Thus breaking his own rules.

Again.

Post by 955876 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:12 pm

You ever been to a state with policies you disagreed with and spent money there?
Yep. Every single day…

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:03 pm

955876 wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:11 pm
That isn’t the point.

The issue is HE implemented a rule stating no state funds will be used for travel to Montana.

And yet he is using state funds for travel to Montana. Thus, breaking his own rules.

Again.

If he ditched his security detail or pays that cost out of pocket I wouldn’t have posted this.

Again.
Sorry. I just can’t get worked up over this. It’s so trivial and dumb. Personal travel means personal travel. YAWN

Post by 955876 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:07 pm

Personal travel for you and I sure.

But when we do it we don’t have state funded security details.

And the intent wasn’t to get you worked up. More so a public service announcement spotlighting further hypocrisy by leftist “leaders”.

Deebo

Post by Deebo » Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:52 pm

Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:48 pm
Deebo wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:27 pm

You ever been to a state with policies you disagreed with and spent money there? Good lord, man.
I didn't make the claim that MT was a foreign nation- that's a strawman.

BUUUUT, the Gov essentially embargoed and called out a specific state for a specific purpose. I mean if that isn't a middle finger to that state, I'm not sure what other evidence you'd need.

And I don't care enough about any state's policies to make such a declaration/choice. But if I did make a public declaration, I wouldn't backtrack and go visit anyway.

Deebo

Post by Deebo » Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:22 pm

Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:03 pm
955876 wrote:
That isn’t the point.

Again.

Again.
Sorry. I just can’t get worked up over this. It’s so trivial and dumb. Personal travel means personal travel. YAWN
I agree that the Gov's statement was dumb and trivial. He's opened himself to rightful criticism with this moral grandstanding. And even if this is "personal travel" shouldn't your public beliefs align with your private ones? It's incongruent and sends an extremely mixed message about what you're really for.

Post by 955876 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:01 pm

about what you're really for.

Ummm himself.

Post by 955876 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:56 pm

So ole Sleepy Joe took some action in regards to the abortion issue today.

That isn’t the news however. The news is that he is such a stupid dope at this point in his life he doesn’t know “end of quote” and “repeat the line” are INSTRUCTIONS on the teleprompter and not what he’s actually supposed to say.

The “leader” of the free world can no longer even read a damn teleprompter correctly and recite the words without fucking it up.

Ya, he has no cognitive decline… :roll:

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:30 pm

Deebo wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:22 pm
Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:03 pm
955876 wrote:

That isn’t the point.

Again.

Again.
I agree that the Gov's statement was dumb and trivial. He's opened himself to rightful criticism with this moral grandstanding. And even if this is "personal travel" shouldn't your public beliefs align with your private ones? It's incongruent and sends an extremely mixed message about what you're really for.
Does he privately believe no one should visit Montana? He has family there. Met his wife there. Has a daughter named Montana if I’m not mistaken! I get the sense he kind of likes Montana (bc it’s fucking awesome like all Rocky Mountain states are fucking awesome).

Post by 955876 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:45 pm

No, but he did issue an order that no state funds will be used for travel to Montana.

And here he is using state funds to travel to Montana.

How is that nuance lost on you?

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:44 am

955876 wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:45 pm
No, but he did issue an order that no state funds will be used for travel to Montana.

And here he is using state funds to travel to Montana.

How is that nuance lost on you?
Afraid it is 95. Afraid it is. :lol:

Post by 955876 » Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:47 am

Well, we can’t all be perfect… ;)

Deebo

Post by Deebo » Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:41 am

I don't even live in Cali and I hate this dude.

Does he not understand that the Universities don't report to him?
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... beneficial

He comes across like a whiny baby

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:54 pm

Deebo wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:41 am
I don't even live in Cali and I hate this dude.

Does he not understand that the Universities don't report to him?
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... beneficial

He comes across like a whiny baby
Agree with the sentiment, but UCLA is a public university that absolutely falls under state government authority.

USC does not, which is why they weren't brought up in the article.

jebrick

Post by jebrick » Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:03 pm

Newson is just the Left's de Santos. Same empty rhetoric to stir up cultural anger/wars. Just means that Newson will be looking for a Presidential bid.
“If you see the handwriting on the wall, you’re in the toilet.”

- Fred Sanford

Kodiak.

Post by Kodiak. » Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:35 am

jebrick wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:03 pm
Newson is just the Left's de Santos.
Someone gets it
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weighty downs...the lifeblood of ball possession

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:09 pm

Gina Raimondo, please run for President, for all that is good and holy.

SteelPro

Post by SteelPro » Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:25 pm

Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:09 pm
I'd be all for this. She has been been ringing alarm bells about potential issues with chip supply chains being so concentrated in Taiwan. Smart woman.
People who quote themselves look like dogs who lick their balls

- Deebo referring to SteelerDayTrader

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:50 pm

SteelPro wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:25 pm
Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:09 pm
I'd be all for this. She has been been ringing alarm bells about potential issues with chip supply chains being so concentrated in Taiwan. Smart woman.
51 (Gen X)
Pro-business AND Pro-worker
Champions environmental solutions that don’t cripple business
Former venture capitalist who does not think profits are the ultimate good
Executive experience as governor
Runs on actual substance and policy not culture war opiates for hoi polloi
Moderate as it gets

Get this woman into the WH now.

Kodiak.

Post by Kodiak. » Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:24 am

SteelPro wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:25 pm
I want to say how stupid this shows our Reps to be...But recent legislation looks a lot more like favored handouts than targeted national security.

But at least it's something. I've been wondering when DC would actually do something useful.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weighty downs...the lifeblood of ball possession

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic