Re: “I’m surprised” - no one ever

Post by Professor Half Wit » Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:14 pm

Jobu wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:01 pm
Professor Half Wit wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:56 pm
Kodiak. wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:11 pm

Yes, that "great team" around Ben in 2004 is another example of revisionist history to diminish his value and accomplishments.
Pointing out that Ben had a great team is not being used to diminish Ben. It’s being used to slow the roll on KP can be pronounced a bust in less than half a season.
Who’s pronouncing him a bust other than the self proclaimed resident football savant? Pointing out players flaws and issues is what we do here…no? Or is Kenny Pickett the new SteelersFury sacred cow?
Great post!

“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

Works At A Bank

Post by Works At A Bank » Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:04 pm

So funny watching everyone say it’s too early to write him off, I’ve not given up on him yet, etc etc.

He’s a solid backup type QB who was drafted 20th out of desperation. He’s a later round talent taken WAAAY to high. It’s really that simple. He’ll never be a FQB especially with the current coaching staff.

Kodiak.

Post by Kodiak. » Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:15 pm

Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:13 pm
[It’s obvious Ben had something special from the get go.
And that's why he's great without that team but they aren't with him. I don't buy your magical premise that a team that isn't great without Ben somehow makes him better. No amount of mental masturbation can twist that into something logical.

This is not the sum of the parts are greater than the whole. That was a bad team without a special QB. Full stop.

Ben playing like Pickett on that team would likely see that team with similar results to this year's Steelers.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weighty downs...the lifeblood of ball possession

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:36 pm

Kodiak. wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:59 pm
K_C_ wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:08 pm
9 Pro Bowlers his rookie year is revisionist history?

:lol:

Sure, Jan.
They went to the Pro Bowl because the precocious rookie led them to 15-1.

How many Pro Bowlers on the 2003 team, you know the one that was basically the same as 2004 sans Ben?

Wait, let me look it up for you: 2. T.W.O. Sure, Ben walked onto a "loaded" team that returned about 3/4 of its top players - but only two pro bowlers (more like 1 when Hampton was lost after Wk6) - from the prior year.

Brilliant insights as usual from the village idiot.
What a fuckin' imbecile you are.

Ben was obviously great his rookie year. He played his role exceptionally well, but your dumbfuck ass is going to say the only reason guys like Polamalu, Faneca, Farrior and Porter went to the Pro Bowl was because of Ben?

Holy shit everybody loves Ben but you are a fucking mental midget.

“The young girls strut their hips in the sun, from the brick streets of Whiting to the gates of St. John.”

Harvey Woodlawn

El Kabong

Post by El Kabong » Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:02 am

Kodiak. wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:15 pm
And that's why he's great without that team but they aren't with him. I don't buy your magical premise that a team that isn't great without Ben somehow makes him better. No amount of mental masturbation can twist that into something logical.

This is not the sum of the parts are greater than the whole. That was a bad team without a special QB. Full stop.

Ben playing like Pickett on that team would likely see that team with similar results to this year's Steelers.
But it's not like Ben alone turned a 6-10 team into a 15-1 team and then into a super bowl winner. The team around Ben was pretty near championship quality even in 2003, the 6-10 record notwithstanding.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:13 am

Kodiak. wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:15 pm

You don’t have to buy my premise. That doesn’t mean you can demonstrate yours. It’s that simple.

I’m hostile to counterfactuals. It’s just speculation.
“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

SteelerDayTrader

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:35 am

Ben was drafted by a 6-10 team that was horrible

They had exactly 1 win against a team with a winning record. Division foe Ravens

Ben took that team to 15-1 and later to 3 Super Bowls and 2 Lombardis

It’s funny. The same fucking morons who are trying to say Ben didn’t carry the WHOLE FUCKING organization for damn near 2 decades are the same fucking morons who couldn’t wait to shove him out the door are the same fucking morons who make excuse after excuse after excuse for Timmy Pickett

You are gonna see REAL WELL what this team looks like without Ben. Here’s a hint. Totally irrelevant for decades upon decades is much more likely than you realize
Colts Draft 2024
1 Terrion Arnold DB
2 T’Vondre Sweat DL
3 Isaac Guerendo RB/WR
4 Tykee Smith DB
5 Ainias Smith WR/RB
6 KT Leveston OL
7 Ulumoo Ale DL/OL

Gorilla Warfare
🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:15 pm

SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:35 am

They had exactly 1 win against a team with a winning record. Division foe Ravens

It’s funny. The same fucking morons who are trying to say Ben didn’t carry the WHOLE FUCKING organization for damn near 2 decades are the same fucking morons who couldn’t wait to shove him out the door are the same fucking morons who make excuse after excuse after excuse for Timmy Pickett

You are gonna see REAL WELL what this team looks like without Ben. Here’s a hint. Totally irrelevant for decades upon decades is much more likely than you realize
Pointing out that Ben had a great team is not being used to diminish Ben. It’s being used to slow the roll on KP can be pronounced a bust in less than half a season.

Go easy on the stuffing today big man.

I’m trying to recall. Didn’t you start a thread recently lamenting lack of civility?

SteelerDayTrader

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:32 pm

Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:15 pm
SteelerDayTrader wrote:

I’m trying to recall. Didn’t you start a thread recently lamenting lack of civility?
But that’s just it. Ben didn’t have a great team. He WAS the great team. Facts matter
Colts Draft 2024
1 Terrion Arnold DB
2 T’Vondre Sweat DL
3 Isaac Guerendo RB/WR
4 Tykee Smith DB
5 Ainias Smith WR/RB
6 KT Leveston OL
7 Ulumoo Ale DL/OL

Gorilla Warfare
🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:35 pm

SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:32 pm
SteelerDayTrader wrote:

But that’s just it. Ben didn’t have a great team. He WAS the great team. Facts matter
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“The young girls strut their hips in the sun, from the brick streets of Whiting to the gates of St. John.”

Harvey Woodlawn

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:49 pm

SteelerDayTrader wrote:
SteelerDayTrader wrote:

That’s debatable.

That’s what we’re here for, right? To debate? Not call people with whom you disagree morons or haterz?

Given the importance of the QB position, it’s quite possible the team was just fine (the talent was there) but didn’t have the QB.

Lots of people just pointing at the record without context.

Kodiak got annoyed with me, but there is NOTHING that excludes Ben both being special from the get go (he obviously was) AND not being successful without being surrounded by the particular roster he walked onto. Ben being great from the jump but not being effective without the right pieces are not mutually exclusive propositions. As I said previously, features can be inter-entailing.

Whereas you *seem* to say people are just shitting on Ben, I think KC is only saying Ben had the pieces to actualize his potential.

Me? I’m pretty nervous about Kenny at this point, but still withholding judgment. I think if you have franchise juice you’re going to flash more than Kenny has no matter how bad the roster is. But the dysfunction on the southside facility is deep, so I’m not rushing to the lectern to pronounce the truth.

I will say this: I think it unfair you think TB, KC, me, others are Ben haterz. Such a line of nonsense. Nor does such an accusation add ANY quality to the debate. It’s just you being nasty.

Mick

Post by Mick » Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:13 pm

Ben had the best rookie season ever. That said, the steelers went from the #15 D to the #1 from 2003 to 2004, and from the #31 run game to the #1, and that certainly wasn’t all Ben.

Going from the Scott/Washington/Logan/Alexander secondary in 2003 to Polamalu/Hope/Townsend/Williams and a bit of Ike Taylor in 2004 might be one of the best single offseason secondary rebuilds ever. On o-line, getting Alan Faneca back at LG and Marvel Smith healthy and back to LT was a big deal.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:15 pm

Mick wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:13 pm
Ben had the best rookie season ever. That said, the steelers went from the #15 D to the #1 from 2003 to 2004, and from the #31 run game to the #1, and that certainly wasn’t all Ben.

Going from the Scott/Washington/Logan/Alexander secondary in 2003 to Polamalu/Hope/Townsend/Williams and a bit of Ike Taylor in 2004 might be one of the best single offseason secondary rebuilds ever. On o-line, getting Alan Faneca back at LG and Marvel Smith healthy and back to LT was a big deal.
Slow clap

SteelerDayTrader

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:36 pm

Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:49 pm
SteelerDayTrader wrote:

That’s debatable.

That’s what we’re here for, right? To debate? Not call people with whom you disagree morons or haterz?

Given the importance of the QB position, it’s quite possible the team was just fine (the talent was there) but didn’t have the QB.

Kodiak got annoyed with me, but there is NOTHING that excludes Ben both being special from the get go (he obviously was) AND not being successful without being surrounded by the particular roster he walked onto. Ben being great from the jump but not being effective without the right pieces are not mutually exclusive propositions. As I said previously, features can be inter-entailing.

Whereas you *seem* to say people are just shitting on Ben, I think KC is only saying Ben had the pieces to actualize his potential.

Me? I’m pretty nervous about Kenny at this point, but still withholding judgment. I think if you have franchise juice you’re going to flash more than Kenny has no matter how bad the roster is. But the dysfunction on the southside facility is deep, so I’m not rushing to the lectern to pronounce the truth.

I will say this: I think it unfair you think TB, KC, me, others are Ben haterz. Such a line of nonsense. Nor does such an accusation add ANY quality to the debate. It’s just you being nasty.
You almost achieved the coveted multi gorilla rating approval with that post until that last nonsense lol

You were an avowed Ben hater who couldn’t wait to shove him out the door. Talking bs about how the Canadian Moose Stampede offense was being held back and how Ben was done etc etc etc

It’s ok if you wanna change your mind on that bs but you can’t pretend it never happened lol. At least not here in an immediate sense lolololz

Here’s a tip. NEVER agree with KC. He is ALWAYS wrong about football. Getting meth’d up and dry humping stray dogs ?? I suspect he might be your guy
Colts Draft 2024
1 Terrion Arnold DB
2 T’Vondre Sweat DL
3 Isaac Guerendo RB/WR
4 Tykee Smith DB
5 Ainias Smith WR/RB
6 KT Leveston OL
7 Ulumoo Ale DL/OL

Gorilla Warfare
🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

anpsteel

Post by anpsteel » Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:41 pm

SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:36 pm
SteelerDayTrader wrote:

That’s debatable.

You almost achieved the coveted multi gorilla rating approval with that post until that last nonsense lol

You were an avowed Ben hater who couldn’t wait to shove him out the door. Talking bs about how the Canadian Moose Stampede offense was being held back and how Ben was done etc etc etc

It’s ok if you wanna change your mind on that bs but you can’t pretend it never happened lol. At least not here in an immediate sense lolololz

Here’s a tip. NEVER agree with KC. He is ALWAYS wrong about football. Getting meth’d up and dry humping stray dogs ?? I suspect he might be your guy
😂😂

Most of the time I think, this has to be Crash, then you make these sort of comments and I’m all, “nope. Definitely 43”

😂😂

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:57 pm

SteelerDayTrader wrote:
SteelerDayTrader wrote:

That’s debatable.

I wanted Ben back last year. I posted about it. But even if I had not wanted him back for last year, why does that make one a hater?

My gripe is you are resorting to labels (hater, moron) rather than responding to the substance of takes and arguments.

My position on Ben has been quite consistent:

Still consistent on intermediate throws.
No longer consistent on deep balls.
Mobility shot.

I basically got convinced and adopted B2Bs position: you could still win with Ben, but you’d better give him the Elway treatment: strong o line and strong run game.

Hey even knowing I almost got some gorillas is comforting.

swissvale72

Post by swissvale72 » Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:21 pm

SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:38 am
JackLambert58 wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:47 am
This is no defense of Canada or the shite offense because they can all eat a bag of dicks, but if Germaine Pratt is carping about the Steelers' offense running the same shit and being predictable, what the fuck does that say for him and his defense that they give up 30 points to that same predictable defense? What's Mahomes and Co. going to do to them? Who the fuck are dey?
7 of that was garbage time
Right, So basically after the Bengals halftime adjustments the Steelers put a field goal in the board

K_C_

Post by K_C_ » Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:01 pm

SteelerDayTrader wrote:
SteelerDayTrader wrote:

That’s debatable.

What time is mom bringing Thanksgiving dinner down to your basement abode, lard ass?

Do you have a tray on your scooter so all she has to do is bring it down the stairs so you drive up and take it, then drive back over to your extremely sunken couch and eat?

Hopefully you choke on the wishbone and drop dead, you imbecilic piece of shit.

Harvey Woodlawn

Dshiner

Post by Dshiner » Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:28 pm

JackLambert58 wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:12 pm
SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:09 pm
JackLambert58 wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:45 pm

Means nothing. The Steelers offense is so predictable, Pratt and the Bungles defense should have stopped them. They didn't.
🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
Cute emojis. Let me guess, you have a Hello Kitty phone case, too.
The dreaded 13 emoji condemnation.

JackLambert58

Post by JackLambert58 » Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:29 pm

That’s debatable.

Likely the best post you ever made here, but then again you have a great team around you.
"Jack Lambert is mean and relentless wherever he goes, on and off the field! I do remember many times he would chase me in practice, but no way would I let him catch me" - Franco Harris

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:02 pm

Thanks for the kind words, JL58.

SteelerDayTrader

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:35 pm

Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:02 pm
🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
Colts Draft 2024
1 Terrion Arnold DB
2 T’Vondre Sweat DL
3 Isaac Guerendo RB/WR
4 Tykee Smith DB
5 Ainias Smith WR/RB
6 KT Leveston OL
7 Ulumoo Ale DL/OL

Gorilla Warfare
🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

JackLambert58

Post by JackLambert58 » Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:55 pm

SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:35 pm
🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
STD's phone case
Attachments
Screenshot_20221124-165508.png
Screenshot_20221124-165508.png (594.57 KiB) Viewed 503 times
"Jack Lambert is mean and relentless wherever he goes, on and off the field! I do remember many times he would chase me in practice, but no way would I let him catch me" - Franco Harris

SteelerDayTrader

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:05 pm

JackLambert58 wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:55 pm
SteelerDayTrader wrote:
🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
STD's phone case
Don’t you have some neighborhood kids to yell about bouncing a ball ??
Colts Draft 2024
1 Terrion Arnold DB
2 T’Vondre Sweat DL
3 Isaac Guerendo RB/WR
4 Tykee Smith DB
5 Ainias Smith WR/RB
6 KT Leveston OL
7 Ulumoo Ale DL/OL

Gorilla Warfare
🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

JackLambert58

Post by JackLambert58 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:12 pm

SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:05 pm
JackLambert58 wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:55 pm
SteelerDayTrader wrote:

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
STD's phone case
Don’t you have some neighborhood kids to yell about bouncing a ball ??
Nah, I'd rather play whack-a-mole with the clueless like you.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:27 pm

SteelerDayTrader wrote:
🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
Quality football post. Really adds value to the board.

SteelerDayTrader

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:18 pm

Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:27 pm
SteelerDayTrader wrote:
🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
Colts Draft 2024
1 Terrion Arnold DB
2 T’Vondre Sweat DL
3 Isaac Guerendo RB/WR
4 Tykee Smith DB
5 Ainias Smith WR/RB
6 KT Leveston OL
7 Ulumoo Ale DL/OL

Gorilla Warfare
🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

StillerInCT

Post by StillerInCT » Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:35 pm

SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:18 pm
Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:27 pm
SteelerDayTrader wrote:

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
It's so annoying. Nobody on here is on your level of thinking. They don't even deserve a response.
"Work harder not smarter" - Mike Tomlin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic