Robert L. Peters should be in jail

Discussions. Still no racial epithets or political campaigning. Don’t bring any of this back to the sports boards. What’s said in FFA, stays in FFA.
Professor Half Wit

Re: Robert L. Peters should be in jail

Post by Professor Half Wit » Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:46 pm

955876 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:05 pm
The nativists think we shouldn't let anyone in.
That simply isn’t true though. It’s a BS narrative pushed by the left.

I was watching a Trump town hall. Do t recall if it was for his first election or the re-election campaign.

The topic of the border wall/immigration came up. A woman in the crowd asked a question and then stated that illegal immigrants were the “back bone” of this country and what has made this nation great.

Trump corrected her and said no, it’s the legal immigrants that made this country great.

There is a difference.

He was clear that he (and the right in general) are not against migration.

What they are against, is this open border bullshit that has led to RECORD numbers invading this country.

They are not one in the same.
I don’t think you know what nativist means.

“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

Post by 955876 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:09 pm

Honestly I didn’t.

Just looked it up. And after learning what it means I’ll come back with shouldn’t we all be nativist?

I mean, do you travel to foreign countries and expect to have rights above the citizens of those countries? I don’t.

Taking that further, if you entered illegally with the intent to stay would you expect to move to the front of the line?

As a tax paying member of “we the people” I certainly expect my interest to be placed above those of people here ILLEGALLY.

It’s a very rational thought.

You ok with placing your interest behind those who are breaking the law and entering this country illegally?

If so, why?

But back to my point, have we not allowed enough in to fill all those strawberry picking and meat packing jobs you were talking about?

Can we close the border now that we’ve allowed in several million?
Jibbs: The Road to Nowhere Leads to Me…

Post by 955876 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:20 pm

And by the definition of nativist does it say to not let anyone in?

Or does it just say protecting the interest of native born over immigrants?

As a matter of policy to favor native born or established inhabitants vs illegal migrants.

Pretty sensible.

Look at NY. Taking money away from the police to cover cost of illegal migrants.

Good policy? Sounds awful and dumb to me.

If I’m a cop and getting my OT cut I’m looking to move the fuck out of NY. Along the many who’ve left already.

Have fun with with that outcome NYC.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:54 pm

Typically in US history (19th and 20th centuries) nativist movements have been rather hostile to immigration of any sort.

Without getting into an argument about how to stipulate definitions, there are extremes about immigration both progressive and nativist that are both stupid.

I do wonder whether we need to be much more liberal with work visas, but I need to hear economists both pro and con speak to this more. Inflation is partly from labor shortage. On the other hand, labor shortages are generally good for low wage laborers.

Imagine how much meat would cost if south american and mexican labor (often illegal, but, again, they do pay taxes through payroll) were not available to work in meat processing plants. Why are vegetables costing so much? Bad harvests? Supply chain (labor shortage)? I don't know the answer.
Last edited by Professor Half Wit on Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

Post by 955876 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:59 pm

Professor Half Wit wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:54 pm
Typically in US history (19th and 20th centuries) nativist movements have been rather hostile to immigration of any sort.
Well, at present time, I think I they have a right to be hostile as we are literally putting the needs of ILLEGAL (an important distinction) migrants ahead of our own citizens.

And can you answer my question? Given that we’ve allowed millions to pour into this country already can we now close the border until the one’s already here are put out in the fields picking strawberries or working the meat packing plants?

Why allow millions more when the ones already here are sitting idle all day leaching off our welfare system?

Can’t make the argument we need this migrant labor if that labor isn’t being utilized can you?

Thoughts?

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:02 pm

955876 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:59 pm
Well, at present time, I think I they have a right to be hostile as we are literally putting the needs of ILLEGAL (an important distinction) migrants ahead of our own citizens.

And can you answer my question? Given that we’ve allowed millions to pour into this country already can we now close the border until the one’s already here are put out in the fields picking strawberries or working the meat packing plants?

Why allow millions more when the ones already here are sitting idle all day leaching off our welfare system?

Thoughts?
I think you already know I'm not some progressive immigration nut, so I'm not sure why you're pressing. I think my previous post is rather more interesting and helpful. :D

Post by 955876 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:11 pm

I'm not sure why you're pressing.
Well, you brought up that migrants are needed to pick produce and do other non-desirable jobs.

So I made a very solid and hard to dispute point that we’ve already let millions in that are sitting idle each and every day.

Can we close the border now until all those positions have been filled and give our system some much needed relief?

Yes?

No?

It’s a straight forward question to answer.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:21 pm

955876 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:11 pm
I'm not sure why you're pressing.
Well, you brought up that migrants are needed to pick produce and do other non-desirable jobs.

So I made a very solid and hard to dispute point that we’ve already let millions in that are sitting idle each and every day.

Can we close the border now until all those positions have been filled and give our system some much needed relief?

Yes?

No?

It’s a straight forward question to answer.
Yes, but I didn’t say millions of illegal immigrants were needed. And I’m wondering whether much could be solved by being a lot more liberal (generous) with work visas.

I don’t know the economics, tho.

Post by 955876 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:44 am

Well, millions have come so seems we have a surplus of labor. Which should make it cheaper.

I’m on board with the work Visa idea. We could get to that AFTER we run out of all the labor the millions that have flooded into the country should provide.

Our roads needs repair. Let’s start there. Get these migrants slinging some asphalt. They are being handed free shelter, free food, free clothing, free medical, and free freaking school for their kids.

Ok dad, your ass is out on the road from 8-5.

Seems perfectly reasonable to me. Liberals would whine like cunts over it though. Waaaay we can’t make these people work.

Bullshit. You want to come here and want/expect you and your family get immediately taken care of then do your part.

Your ass had better be at work in the morning though. If not, back to Guatemala for you. Sorry. Nothing is free in life.

You don’t get free shit back home either.

Dan Smith--BYU

Post by Dan Smith--BYU » Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:57 am

Also, if we are so concerned about immigrants let's make sure that we take FIRST take care of those that have put their lives on the line and most deserving, unlike most stupid spoiled fat Americans and random border crossers.

I am talking about Afghani and Iraqi Special Immigrant Visa applicants, some of which have been held up 10-15 years because of stupid State Dept bureaucracy. These including interpreters and cultural advisors who are in danger of death to themselves and their families every day hoping for paperwork clearance before they are assassinated.

Meanwhile Pres. Sponge Brain Shit Pants has made them wait in line behind Honduran gang members and child traffickers.

See Guy Ritchie's Covenant if you haven't. That shit happens and is happening.
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.

Nietzsche

Post by 955876 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:16 am

Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:57 am
Also, if we are so concerned about immigrants let's make sure that we take FIRST take care of those that have put their lives on the line and most deserving, unlike most stupid spoiled fat Americans and random border crossers.

I am talking about Afghani and Iraqi Special Immigrant Visa applicants, some of which have been held up 10-15 years because of stupid State Dept bureaucracy. These including interpreters and cultural advisors who are in danger of death to themselves and their families every day hoping for paperwork clearance before they are assassinated.

Meanwhile Pres. Sponge Brain Shit Pants has made them wait in line behind Honduran gang members and child traffickers.

This x infinity.

One of the biggest shames of the last several decades. This admin abandoned these people. Disgusting.

They should have accounted for this.

Good luck getting folks like this to trust America next time we need assistance of locals in a foreign theatre.

As a former Marine I know first hand how extremely valuable these people are. Their value cannot be measured. They are risking their lives to a greater degree than our soldiers and Marines because their families are there with them. Ours are not. They are safe at home. It disgust me.

If you risked your life to help American forces in a combat zone and we pull out it is our MORAL OBLIGATION to get these people and their families out.

How Biden lays his head on the pillow at night is beyond me.

Incoherent babbling fool has no clue what’s really going on anyways so that answers the lay his head on the pillow thing.

Likely doesn’t even remember Afghanistan. Huh?? Derrr where’s Jackie? I don’t see her.

Ummm you called her family LAST WEEK after she died you stupid fuck.

And people here would still vote for him. Even more pathetic.

They are BY FAR a bigger problem than he is himself.

He’s a Dem and “on my team” so I love him

He let people die that risk their lives and the lives of their families for us. A huge sacrifice. He has blood on his hands. YOU have blood on your hands if you support him. 100%.

Stosh-67

Post by Stosh-67 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:36 am

Deebo wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:31 pm
955876 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:59 pm
I never said it wasn't a problem. I said, or at least reading between the lines of what I said, that it's overblown.
Tens of thousands illegally crossing per month. Several million per year.

Even hardcore liberal cities are now begging for relief.

And yet this dumb cunt Cor-Ten says it’s “overblown”.

You can’t make up this level of stupidity.

Report out today that the migrant issue is costing Chicago $30 million per MONTH.

And let’s not forget that Cor-ten is the dumb fucking cunt that actually said the migrant crisis “isn’t draining resources”.

Again, you can’t make-up that level of head in the sand stupidity.

Hey Cor, where does that money come from? What else could it be used for?

Stupid mother fuckers like you deserve to catch a beat down. Knock some sense into that stupid fucking head of yours.
NYC Mayor is sounding the alarm bells
https://news.yahoo.com/nyc-mayor-eric-a ... ccn_PmREdT

I actually think it's funny that NY basically said "bring all these immigrants here...we're a warm and welcoming place"
And a year later maybe that wasn't such a great idea. And you know they said it just to spite Trump.

Careful what you wish and all that...
Yup. Adams had open arms a year ago.
He could have never imagined the mess its turned into a year later. Just think what NYC will be like in another few months, this time in 2024?
The masochistic voters in NY will still be voting for more of this insanity. They will probably cast their last vote as a NY resident for more of these same politicians, as they flee to Florids or Texas.
It's a cult.
"We are about to experience a financial … tsunami that I don’t think the city has ever experienced," Adams said. "Every service in this city is going to be impacted from child service to our seniors to housing. Everything will be impacted.

He warned that women and children may soon have to share spaces with single men, and public safety could be threatened, alluding to a brawl that broke out at a migrant shelter in Brooklyn Thursday morning.
It's insane the amount of homeless people this has created.

Poor Adams.

I believe the disaster that was Lori Lightfoot also welcomed illegals into Chicago.
Too bad she wasn't forced to see the chaos she embraced and was forced to walk thru the city without her armed detail. Or walk thru the precincts that have hallways that are doubling as homeless shelters.

Yet the masochistic voters in Chicago will continue to vote in destructive politicians and their terrible policies that come with it.

Deebo

Post by Deebo » Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:42 pm

Without getting into an argument about how to stipulate definitions, there are extremes about immigration both progressive and nativist that are both stupid.

I do wonder whether we need to be much more liberal with work visas, but I need to hear economists both pro and con speak to this more. Inflation is partly from labor shortage. On the other hand, labor shortages are generally good for low wage laborers.

Imagine how much meat would cost if south american and mexican labor (often illegal, but, again, they do pay taxes through payroll) were not available to work in meat processing plants. Why are vegetables costing so much? Bad harvests? Supply chain (labor shortage)? I don't know the answer.
Yes, we do need to be more liberal with not only work visas but also getting people integrated to work/green cards.
This topic is near and dear to me for a couple of reasons:

1. My close friend was born in Jamaica and his mother moved to the US (legally) when he was 3. He's 38 currently. You wouldn't even know he was from another country. Don't quote me on the timeframe, but every 7 or so years he has to reapply for his green card. So he has to pay an attorney and go through all this BS so he can legally be here. 35 years of nothing beyond traffic tickets and gainful/stable employment isn't enough to qualify you as a permanent resident? It's dumb government bureacuracy

2. My best friend married a Brazilian (they met in college). Again she's been here for almost 40 years and has to go through this same nonsense

It's no wonder people come here illegally bc doing the right things is costly and time-consuming.

The secondary issue is that there is a severe labor shortage and it'll only get worse. So there needs to be a dramatic jump in AI related productivity or we're in for some hurt.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:56 pm

955876 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:16 am
Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:57 am

This x infinity.

One of the biggest shames of the last several decades. This admin abandoned these people. Disgusting.

They should have accounted for this.

Good luck getting folks like this to trust America next time we need assistance of locals in a foreign theatre.

As a former Marine I know first hand how extremely valuable these people are. Their value cannot be measured. They are risking their lives to a greater degree than our soldiers and Marines because their families are there with them. Ours are not. They are safe at home. It disgust me.

If you risked your life to help American forces in a combat zone and we pull out it is our MORAL OBLIGATION to get these people and their families out.

How Biden lays his head on the pillow at night is beyond me.

Incoherent babbling fool has no clue what’s really going on anyways so that answers the lay his head on the pillow thing.

Likely doesn’t even remember Afghanistan. Huh?? Derrr where’s Jackie? I don’t see her.

Ummm you called her family LAST WEEK after she died you stupid fuck.

And people here would still vote for him. Even more pathetic.

They are BY FAR a bigger problem than he is himself.

He’s a Dem and “on my team” so I love him

He let people die that risk their lives and the lives of their families for us. A huge sacrifice. He has blood on his hands. YOU have blood on your hands if you support him. 100%.
Oh, don't worry. I was and remain DISGUSTED by leaving those people behind. I don't know how this is anything other than a total stain on the country. Who in the hell is going to stick their necks out to work with us if we just leave people high and dry? It's also totally immoral.

But stop with the team bullshit. It's just gross stereotyping.

Post by 955876 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:27 pm

Well, far too many voters will overlook a great deal because of that “team bullshit”.

On both sides I recognize.

You think those who vote Dem won’t because of Afghanistan? Or the border? Or fentanyl? Or inflation? Or crime? Etc etc etc etc etc?

They vote their team regardless of how awful this admin has been.

Not all. But a whoooole lot of them.

So it’s really not bullshit.

Dan Smith--BYU

Post by Dan Smith--BYU » Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:41 pm

Help Afghanis who risked their lives immigrate safely to the US:

https://www.evacuateourallies.org/

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/t ... erm=second

And I can't stand the National Review but they are right here.

I am torn on the issue of labor demand at low skill positions because there are many forecasts that this can be completely replaced by robotics.

Nonetheless it is imperative that the US act honorably toward those who have assisted us (even though I despised the Afgh war strategy).
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.

Nietzsche

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:45 pm

955876 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:27 pm
Well, far too many voters will overlook a great deal because of that “team bullshit”.

You think those who vote Dem won’t because of Afghanistan? Or the border? Or fentanyl? Or inflation? Or crime? Etc etc etc etc etc?

Trump is no less a piece of shit, and you'll vote for him instead of Biden if that's your choice. That doesn't make you some MAGA cult follower or even someone who likes Trump. You'll hold your nose. It means you have preferences and make trade offs for those preferences. Most of the Democratic party are not twitter progressives anymore than the majority of the Republican party are Maga loonies. Bunch of Dems will hold their nose, too. The polls make it awfully clear plenty of Dems wish it wasn't Biden.

Too much stereotyping on your part.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:49 pm

Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:41 pm
Help Afghanis who risked their lives immigrate safely to the US:

https://www.evacuateourallies.org/

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/t ... erm=second

And I can't stand the National Review but they are right here.

I am torn on the issue of labor demand at low skill positions because there are many forecasts that this can be completely replaced by robotics.

Nonetheless it is imperative that the US act honorably toward those who have assisted us (even though I despised the Afgh war strategy).
+1

I don't know enough about economics to know whether it's a good thing or not. I do know that work visas for picking fruit means payroll taxes and people spending money here. Is that a bigger benefit than the money saved by having robots pick honey crisp apples? Don't know.

Post by 955876 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:17 pm

Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:45 pm
955876 wrote:

Trump is no less a piece of shit, and you'll vote for him instead of Biden if that's your choice. That doesn't make you some MAGA cult follower or even someone who likes Trump. You'll hold your nose. It means you have preferences and make trade offs for those preferences. Most of the Democratic party are not twitter progressives anymore than the majority of the Republican party are Maga loonies. Bunch of Dems will hold their nose, too. The polls make it awfully clear plenty of Dems wish it wasn't Biden.

I hope like hell it is not Trump. I’m all in on Nikki at this point.

Problem with the Dem party at present is each alternative is actually worse.

Harris? Bigger disaster than Biden.

Newsome?

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:10 pm

955876 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:17 pm
Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:45 pm
955876 wrote:

I hope like hell it is not Trump. I’m all in on Nikki at this point.

Problem with the Dem party at present is each alternative is actually worse.

Harris? Bigger disaster than Biden.

Newsome?
Yeah? Well, I think the Republican party is worse. That doesn't mean I think everything about Biden is wonderful.

Harris IS a disatser. I listened to an interview with her about abortion and nearly lost my mind at her refusal / inability to answer the damn question. Peeps in the Dem party don't want her, dude. We'd prefer Biden not be the nominee. Biden could have stepped aside but put ego over party. We're (Dems) just scared shitless of a second Trump term. TERRIFIED.

Post by 955876 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:23 pm

Things in this country are much much worse than they were when Biden took over.

Inflation
Crime
Fentanyl
The border
China more aggressive
Putin more aggressive
Iran more aggressive
Our country more divided

It would be extremely difficult for anyone (even Trump) to do a worse job than what Biden & Harris are doing.

And here is the thing. Biden isn’t really doing shit. Whoever the string pullers are behind the scenes are thee ones really running the show.

Biden doesn’t even know which way to walk to get off stage. And when he’s on stage he is so senile he looks for people that literally just died. People where he literally just called the family to console them.

Derrrr where is Jackie??? Derrr I was at ground zero… derrrr I lost my home to a fire too…

Derrrrrr

He is a puppet.

It would be more honorable to simply not vote at all than to cast another vote for this woeful tandem.

Unless of course that yellow school bus story really moved you.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:30 pm

955876 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:23 pm
Things in this country are much much worse than they were when Biden took over.

Inflation
Crime
Fentanyl
The border
China more aggressive
Putin more aggressive
Iran more aggressive
Our country more divided

It would be extremely difficult for anyone (even Trump) to do a worse job than what Biden & Harris are doing.

And here is the thing. Biden isn’t really doing shit. Whoever the string pullers are behind the scenes are thee ones really running the show.

Biden doesn’t even know which way to walk to get off stage. And when he’s on stage he is so senile he looks for people that literally just died. People where he literally just called the family to console them.

Derrrr where is Jackie??? Derrr I was at ground zero… derrrr I lost my home to a fire too…

Derrrrrr

He is a puppet.

It would be more honorable to simply not vote at all than to cast another vote for this woeful tandem.

Unless of course that yellow school bus story really moved you.
TERRIFIED. Legit terrified.

Biden has accomplished a shit ton. You may hate what he's done of course.

Post by 955876 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:32 pm

Biden could have stepped aside but put ego over party.
And we have a bigger problem over on the right. Trump should step aside as well. However, his huge ego won’t let him.

I think Haley could mop the floor with Biden & Harris.

Provided she can get out of the primaries were unfortunately, Trump benefits.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:38 pm

955876 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:32 pm
Biden could have stepped aside but put ego over party.
And we have a bigger problem over on the right. Trump should step aside as well. However, his huge ego won’t let him.

I think Haley could mop the floor with Biden & Harris.

Provided she can get out of the primaries were unfortunately, Trump benefits.
BOTH parties have candidates both sides could be not miserable with. That's the real shame. I think Haley is a weather vane nearly on par with Harris, but she's talented as fuck, super impressive, and she's neither culture warrior nut nor a threat to the constitution. I'd happily live with her as president. Meaning she doesn't have a chance.

Post by 955876 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:44 pm

Biden has accomplished a shit ton.
And yet look at how much worse things are than before he arrived.

I suppose if you watch MSNBC all day the story is how safe the world is now that trump isn’t around.

They made Trump the biggest boogeyman in history.

Now it matters not how awful they are doing. All they have to say is ya but we are protecting you from Trump.

You didn’t like lower prices?

You didn’t like that there wasn’t conflict in the world?

You didn’t like that he was actually making illegal migrants remain in Mexico?

You didn’t like being energy independent?

Biden signed off on what for the most part has been massive spending bills that have accomplished nothing but increased inflation.

Ya, he’s done a lot. A lot of vacationing and wondering g where the fuck Jackie is.

That and how to exit stage left. The man is t even allowed to answer questions freely because he is so senile and stupid at this point and you th ink HE’S accomplishing something ?

He is a PUPPET. Doing as he’s told.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:00 pm

955876 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:44 pm
Biden has accomplished a shit ton.
And yet look at how much worse things are than before he arrived.

I suppose if you watch MSNBC all day the story is how safe the world is now that trump isn’t around.

They made Trump the biggest boogeyman in history.

Now it matters not how awful they are doing. All they have to say is ya but we are protecting you from Trump.

You didn’t like lower prices?

You didn’t like that there wasn’t conflict in the world?

You didn’t like that he was actually making illegal migrants remain in Mexico?

You didn’t like being energy independent?

Biden signed off on what for the most part has been massive spending bills that have accomplished nothing but increased inflation.

Ya, he’s done a lot. A lot of vacationing and wondering g where the fuck Jackie is.

That and how to exit stage left. The man is t even allowed to answer questions freely because he is so senile and stupid at this point and you th ink HE’S accomplishing something ?

He is a PUPPET. Doing as he’s told.
Meh.

Biden has accomplished more in two years than many presidents do in two terms.

CHIPS ACT
Unlike Trump, actually got infrastructure funding passed
The humorously-titled Inflation Reduction Act
Codification of same-sex marriage
PACT Act for veterans’ health care
Even if modest, the first real gun safety reforms in decades
Updated Electoral Count Act
Succeeded in uniting the West against Vladimir Putin's grossly unjust war
Receives scant credit for historic job creation, a manufacturing boom
Opened up new drilling while also passing legislation you hate about climate change
Unlike Trump who said he would, Biden ACTUALLY got medicare drug price reductions. $35 insulin, whoo hoo.

Your view is quite biased. Not about to argue with you. That list is factual. He's done a lot and in an environment this polarized, it's impressive as fuck. You may hate all of it and think all of it has ruined the country and he's done nothing good and everything bad. Ok.

Post by 955876 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:10 pm

He’s accomplished so much and yet things are still so much worse for you know, we the people. You just made me spit up some coffee.

I’d like to finish my coffee this morning. I’ll hold off on reading any more about Biden’s “accomplishments”.

Pabst

Post by Pabst » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:16 pm

Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:00 pm
Because it wasn't job creation, it was literally just a lifting of pandemic restrictions. The unemployment rate is more-or-less where it was in early 2020 and labor force participation still hasn't recovered.

Beyond that, all you did was just list a bunch of stuff that passed Congress. You can say that of any president.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:51 pm

Pabst wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:16 pm
Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:00 pm
Because it wasn't job creation, it was literally just a lifting of pandemic restrictions. The unemployment rate is more-or-less where it was in early 2020 and labor force participation still hasn't recovered.

Beyond that, all you did was just list a bunch of stuff that passed Congress. You can say that of any president.
And I guess we can also deny credit to any president for the like. You make it sound like the Biden admin did not coordinate abs was not heavily involved.

Yes, there is a legislative and executive branch. Acting as if the government executive is not heavily involved in legislative negotiations is disingenuous.

What the hell has any admin “done” outside of foreign policy, then?

So, no, my list is just fine.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:53 pm

955876 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:10 pm
He’s accomplished so much and yet things are still so much worse for you know, we the people. You just made me spit up some coffee.

I’d like to finish my coffee this morning. I’ll hold off on reading any more about Biden’s “accomplishments”.
Like I said, I’m sure you hate all of it, even the Chips and Pact acts and the lowering drug prices for Medicare. Doesn’t mean Biden admin didn’t get a lot done.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic