Faulkner is OC

Discussions. Still no racial epithets or political campaigning. Don’t bring any of this back to the sports boards. What’s said in FFA, stays in FFA.
jeemie

Re: Faulkner is OC

Post by jeemie » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:58 pm

CKSteeler wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:54 pm
I think it's important when arguing this shit that we try not to talk past one another and assume other's intentions. Equity is a pretty loaded term and I have strong objections to how progressive institutions in general are employing it because it basically means achieving equal outcomes regardless of whether inputs are the same. It is often discrimination, as I'd see it.

That isn't how Professor here described his usage of it. Providing extra mentorship or even some extra resources to those who are coming from a disadvantaged background is not objectionable to me if the standards are being applied equally (and I'd probably argue resources should be available to all students who need them - the goal is to help everyone succeed regardless of background).

I can't hold Professor responsible for the whole of the progressive cause, or even what his particular school may be doing in terms of equity (I don't know where he teaches). I can only hold Professor responsible for what he does. Just as I'd ask that people on the other side of these issues not to put words into my mouth or assume my intentions, I think it's important to try and give the benefit of the doubt back.

He may disagree with something I've said here. But going solely off what he posted, I find this argument rather ridiculous.
Correct.

Where DEI and similar programs fell down is they got bastardized from the original intent…which was to rectify past inequities in opportunity…and became an attempt to ensure equal outcomes.

And trying to ensure equal outcomes actually hurts members of the “disadvantaged” groups even more than the original “disadvantage” did!

The argument we are having shouldn’t be whether equity programs are “discriminatory”. The discussion should be over whether they worked as intended.

A lot of evidence shows many such programs in fact do not.

“Yeah we suck, be there is a chance we could suck slightly more if we try to correct the problem.” - Art Deuce (summarized by SteelPerch)

Post by 955876 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:59 pm

I think it's important when arguing this shit that we try not to talk past one another and assume other's intentions. Equity is a pretty loaded term and I have strong objections to how progressive institutions in general are employing it because it basically means achieving equal outcomes regardless of whether inputs are the same. It is often discrimination, as I'd see it.

That isn't how Professor here described his usage of it.
Fully agree with the first part.

For the second part, my first response to Lit was in response to his post stating “I’ll go to the mat for equity”.

His second post describing how he sees equity in the classroom was posted while I was typing my response to him “going to the mat”.

So I hadn’t read that post yet given I was typing mine.

But he was so insulting in the way he responded I fired back at him.

My first post would have been different had I seen his second post
Jibbs: The Road to Nowhere Leads to Me…

langer

Post by langer » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:00 pm

"In education it means ensuring that those with disadvantaged educational backgrounds are provided with what they need to succeed so that the playing field is level. In other words, instruction that provides fair and equal access to success for all parties. "

Is it truly just that simple?

Not exactly.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/13/yale-il ... -says.html
"So, we have to proceed with caution, but when you’re pursuing greatness, risk-taking is a part of it. Calculated risk-taking. That’s what you’re talking about when you’re drawing up big plays schematically.”

jeemie

Post by jeemie » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:00 pm

955876 wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:44 pm
jeemie wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:29 pm
955876 wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:22 pm

The bolded part is actually equality, not equity. All you did was describe what equality is (something I’m totally for), call it “equity” and then insult me for not acknowledging your made-up version of “equity”.

What equity is and does in the real world is the shit you said you didn’t like. The unbolded part of your post.

Well duh, because it’s bullshit and discriminates based on color.

So when you say you’ll “go to the mat for equity” which one are you referring to?

The made-up version that is actually equality or the real one that is what you’ll actually get because that is what progressives are pushing.

You think the progressives that push this are applying your version which is actually equality?

Something the left determined wasn’t “fair” so they changed it to equity.

You don’t even know which is which and you fire off calling me names.

Half Fucking Wit is appropriate.

If you have some character an apology would be appropriate here.
No the bolded part is equity,

Equality is treating everyone exactly the same.

Equity is recognizing that people are different with different needs, and, in education for example, it would mean providing resources and educational plans in a differentiated way based on those needs.

In a super simplistic example, you have five students in a class. Four are sighted and one is blind.

Equality would be providing each one of them with a paper and pencil to take notes.

Equity would be giving the paper and pencil to the four sighted students and a Braillewriter (which definitely costs more money than paper and pencil) to the blind student.

You are correct in the real world that often devolves into quotas and rewarding those who haven’t earned it…but not all the time.

In my super simplistic example would you say the blind student was given an unfair advantage because they got a Braillewriter?
It’s a super simplistic example because it is taking a tiny sliver of classroom “equity” and applying it to the entire topic.

Most know exactly what “equity” means and how it is a form of discrimination based on color.

And there is a huge issue of discrimination taking image where people are getting into Ivy League schools not based on merit but based on color. Same goes for jobs.

Obviously you can’t give a blind kid pen and paper.

DEI is a form of legal discrimination.
You suggest I am making too simplistic an example.

I counter with you are throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
“Yeah we suck, be there is a chance we could suck slightly more if we try to correct the problem.” - Art Deuce (summarized by SteelPerch)

Post by 955876 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:01 pm

jeemie wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:54 pm
Smashmouth21 wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:42 pm
955876 wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:39 pm

Translation: the progressive masters have told me what equity is (in the classroom) and I buy in. Like a good soldier in this failing educational system.

In reality, these equity policies keep kids with much better test scores out of their preferred institution so those spots can go to kids that check a DEI box.

What they call it or sugar coat it to the minions way down the trough isn’t what happens in the real world.

Maybe next time you say you’ll go to the mat” for something make sure you understand what you are going to the mat for.

Because that version or definition you provided is equality. Not equity. The part you didn’t like is actually equity in how it’s being applied in schools and in the job world.

And don’t pull the lame “I work in higher ed” so I know better than you bullshit.

Props to you and all but I’d rather not work all year to earn what I can in a month.
Dude, you looked up “gullible” in the dictionary. Recently. I know words are hard but please stop defiling yourself. It’s embarrassing even for us who have to read it.
He’s not wrong.

There were definitely colleges that were overemphasizing the attribute they were giving preference to (a “large preference”)…although actually the damage was to the people with the preferred trait, and not those without the preferred trait.

I.e. some colleges emphasized “black” so much they put blacks who scored much lower on SATs, for example, than the typical student in that university.

To the detriment of the blacks they so placed.
Thank you Jeemie.

And that is EXACTLY what I’m talking about.

Post by 955876 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:05 pm

jeemie wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:00 pm
955876 wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:44 pm
jeemie wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:29 pm

No the bolded part is equity,

Equality is treating everyone exactly the same.

Equity is recognizing that people are different with different needs, and, in education for example, it would mean providing resources and educational plans in a differentiated way based on those needs.

In a super simplistic example, you have five students in a class. Four are sighted and one is blind.

Equality would be providing each one of them with a paper and pencil to take notes.

Equity would be giving the paper and pencil to the four sighted students and a Braillewriter (which definitely costs more money than paper and pencil) to the blind student.

You are correct in the real world that often devolves into quotas and rewarding those who haven’t earned it…but not all the time.

In my super simplistic example would you say the blind student was given an unfair advantage because they got a Braillewriter?
It’s a super simplistic example because it is taking a tiny sliver of classroom “equity” and applying it to the entire topic.

Most know exactly what “equity” means and how it is a form of discrimination based on color.

And there is a huge issue of discrimination taking image where people are getting into Ivy League schools not based on merit but based on color. Same goes for jobs.

Obviously you can’t give a blind kid pen and paper.

DEI is a form of legal discrimination.
You suggest I am making too simplistic an example.

I counter with you are throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
Could be. Scroll up a few post and read mine.

A bit of what happened here is I typed up a response to “I’ll go to the mat for equity”. While typing that Lit followed that up with a more descriptive response.

However, that came in while typing my response to his first post.

So if scrolling through the thread appears I responded to his first while disregarding his second.

A post I hadn’t seen yet.

He attacked me assuming I read and ignored his second post and I responded with hostilities toward him.

So some miscommunication taking place.

I’ll apologize for my part in that.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:19 pm

Everyone’s an asshole and everyone apologizes.

High five 95 🙌

:P
“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:21 pm

langer wrote:
"In education it means ensuring that those with disadvantaged educational backgrounds are provided with what they need to succeed so that the playing field is level. In other words, instruction that provides fair and equal access to success for all parties. "

Not exactly.

I’m talking about education in the classroom, not admissions.

Can we be done with this shit? It’s not the free for all where everyone gets naked and throws mud.

:lol:
“Being a fan is fine, but there is a line you can cross that makes it really unhealthy,” said Ken Yeager, PhD, a mental health expert in the department of psychiatry at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

Post by 955876 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:42 pm

Professor Half Wit wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:19 pm
Everyone’s an asshole and everyone apologizes.

High five 95 🙌

:P
Have a nice Thanksgiving

Post by 955876 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:45 pm

Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:21 pm
langer wrote:

Not exactly.

Can we be done with this shit? It’s not the free for all where everyone gets naked and throws mud.

Great idea.

To save from future outburst include your full point when making a grand statement.

Based on your first post of “I’ll go to the mat for equity” sounds like you support the whole enchilada.

Which it appears you do not.

I was responded to that while your second more descriptive post came through….

Next time don’t be so quick to calls me names… 😜

RemoAZ

Post by RemoAZ » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:46 pm

Man I didn't even know what DEI is. Guess I shouldn't have asked. I try not to pay attention to any of that crap because it just pisses me off. I want my team to win. That's it. I don't want to see any politics, religion or racial shit when I watch sports. That's why I don't watch pregame stuff any more. Just put that game on for me, thanks. I shutter to think of what society will become in 20 years when the brainwashing of our education system has a chance to take over. Hopefully maturity and real life experience over-ride most of the programming. Nothing like being broke to open someone's eyes and with the state of our economy, a lot of these "educated" kids are going get slapped in the face with a whole lot of reality. If they ever want to move out of their parents' house that is.
Howard Griffith had to resort to chop-blocking him during the 1997 AFC Championship Game. An incredulous Kirkland asked Griffith, “Why do you have to use cheap tactics like chop-blocking?” Griffith replied “Why do you have to be a 300-pound linebacker?”

Post by 955876 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:51 pm

I didn't even know what DEI is
Given how Jibbs isn’t able to compete for a championship in todays high powered NFL maybe the league will begin to apply some equity as well.

Even out the playing field for poor Jibbaroo. It just isn’t fair teams can score more than 20 points per game.

Maybe they’ll institute a handicap system like amateur golf.

Whenever we play a team like the Chiefs we will get spotted two scores. For equity and all.

lifelongsteel

Post by lifelongsteel » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:51 pm

I have some questions.

How will the offense be different with Faulkner and Sullivan?
Will Pickett still suck?
Will Pickens still sulk?
Do I have to throw out my Matt Canada high school offensive coordinator costume with the straw hat, sunglasses and 10 page playbook?

SteelerDayTrader

Post by SteelerDayTrader » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:54 pm

Regardless of what the dullards who struggle to be relevant say on this site DEI is mostly a very good thing that is long overdue
Gorilla Warfare
🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🏈🏈🏈🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

RemoAZ

Post by RemoAZ » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:57 pm

lifelongsteel wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:51 pm
I have some questions.

Will Pickett still suck?
Will Pickens still sulk?
Do I have to throw out my Matt Canada high school offensive coordinator costume with the straw hat, sunglasses and 10 page playbook?
I'd make three changes immediately. Pickens would be #1, Austin #2, Johnson #3. Making sure Pickens is the first read is a no brainer. Another obvious one is swapping the RBs. Harris would still be heavily involved but Warren would be #1 and in on crucial drives like the end of the game. The third is I'd have multiple passes called for the TEs to the middle of the field and I'd go to them early and often. Easy throws to get Kenny going and the TEs involved.
Last edited by RemoAZ on Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Howard Griffith had to resort to chop-blocking him during the 1997 AFC Championship Game. An incredulous Kirkland asked Griffith, “Why do you have to use cheap tactics like chop-blocking?” Griffith replied “Why do you have to be a 300-pound linebacker?”

Smashmouth21

Post by Smashmouth21 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:58 pm

SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:54 pm
Regardless of what the dullards who struggle to be relevant say on this site DEI is mostly a very good thing that is long overdue
Preach.

beerbrother

Post by beerbrother » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:58 pm

lifelongsteel wrote:
I have some questions.

Will Pickett still suck?
Will Pickens still sulk?
Maybe Warren gets more touches.
"Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity"

Post by 955876 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:02 pm

Smashmouth21 wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:58 pm
SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Preach.
Things were getting back to football until you two ass lickers had to come back to say some dumb shit.

Yes, let’s promote a policy that literally is designed to DISCRIMINATE based on race, sex, gender, etc etc etc.

Neither of you have a clue what you are talking about.

Just a couple of progressive LEMMINGS following the words of your progressive masters.

You want to “preach” this shit take it to the free for all forum.

lifelongsteel

Post by lifelongsteel » Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:03 pm

SteelerDayTrader wrote:
"The correct response to past discrimination is current and future discrimination"

- Ibram X. Kendi
- Blackrock
- STD

Smashmouth21

Post by Smashmouth21 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:07 pm

955876 wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:02 pm
Smashmouth21 wrote:
SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Preach.
Things were getting back to football until you two ass lickers had to come back to say some dumb shit.

Yes, let’s promote a policy that literally is designed to DISCRIMINATE based on race, sex, gender, etc etc etc.

Just a couple of progressive LEMMINGS following the words of your progressive masters.

Sorry, Gullible Lemming. You’re right, I probably should have let it go. But it was the most accurate and insightful post on the topic by far. I’ll go back to football now.

DP39

Post by DP39 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:41 pm

RemoAZ wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:46 pm
Man I didn't even know what DEI is. Guess I shouldn't have asked. I try not to pay attention to any of that crap because it just pisses me off. I want my team to win. That's it. I don't want to see any politics, religion or racial shit when I watch sports. That's why I don't watch pregame stuff any more. Just put that game on for me, thanks. I shutter to think of what society will become in 20 years when the brainwashing of our education system has a chance to take over. Hopefully maturity and real life experience over-ride most of the programming. Nothing like being broke to open someone's eyes and with the state of our economy, a lot of these "educated" kids are going get slapped in the face with a whole lot of reality. If they ever want to move out of their parents' house that is.
I hope you're right, but trust me, as someone who deals in the real world all of the time, we are definitely currently experiencing what I refer to as a "dumbing down of America". And, there's no doubt DEI is playing its role in that.

Post by 955876 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:48 pm

Smashmouth21 wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:07 pm
955876 wrote:
Smashmouth21 wrote:

Preach.

Sorry, Gullible Lemming. You’re right, I probably should have let it go. But it was the most accurate and insightful post on the topic by far. I’ll go back to football now.
Accurate and insightful??

By saying “preach” to what the Village Idiot STD said you are saying you agree the way to correct past discrimination is to perpetuate future discrimination.

How fucking dumb are you to support that?

Nevermind. That was a rhetorical question.

I’ve (unfortunately) interacted enough with you to know the answer to that already.

And by “going back to football” you really mean I’ll be going back to tossing Jibbs salad because that is really what your football talk consist of.

Hope you use mouthwash before speaking while in close proximity to others.

Post by 955876 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:55 pm

beerbrother wrote:
lifelongsteel wrote:
I have some questions.

Will Pickett still suck?
Will Pickens still sulk?
Maybe Warren gets more touches.
Liz Warren?

Sorry, couldn’t resist… 😀

Have a great Thanksgiving Beer Bro…

Steelperch

Post by Steelperch » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:07 am

SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Tell that to all of the 1600 SAT 4.0+ Asian kids who can’t get into a good college. Discrimination is always wrong.

Professor Half Wit

Post by Professor Half Wit » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:13 am

955876 wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:45 pm
langer wrote:

Not exactly.

Great idea.

To save from future outburst include your full point when making a grand statement.

Based on your first post of “I’ll go to the mat for equity” sounds like you support the whole enchilada.

Hey,

I’m here to lick ass and take names.

👅 🍑

Smashmouth21

Post by Smashmouth21 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:14 am

955876 wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:48 pm
Smashmouth21 wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:07 pm
955876 wrote:

Accurate and insightful??

By saying “preach” to what the Village Idiot STD said you are saying you agree the way to correct past discrimination is to perpetuate future discrimination.

How fucking dumb are you to support that?

Nevermind. That was a rhetorical question.

I’ve (unfortunately) interacted enough with you to know the answer to that already.

And by “going back to football” you really mean I’ll be going back to tossing Jibbs salad because that is really what your football talk consist of.

Hope you use mouthwash before speaking while in close proximity to others.
I never said any of that (nor did anyone else) but I will be true to my word to move on from the topic.

Captain gullible calling anyone a village idiot is pretty hilarious though.

Post by 955876 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:20 am

You said “preach” to the village idiots comments about how great DEI is.

Given that DEI is blatantly (and obviously) discriminatory then you obviously support discrimination.

You don’t have to say the words dumb dumb.

If some idiot said they support Hamas killing women & children and I responded with “preach” that would infer that I support their actions.

This isn’t rocket science. We don’t need Josh Dobbs to sort things out here.

Jizz Mop

Post by Jizz Mop » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:20 am

Steelperch wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:07 am
SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Tell that to all of the 1600 SAT 4.0+ Asian kids who can’t get into a good college. Discrimination is always wrong.
Amen

Friend of mine who is a professor at a college in NJ tells me all the time prospective students much more deserving of being accepted are being denied solely because of their race.

Nice

The kicker? They’re accepting far less qualified students who end up struggling there. Makes sense.

Post by 955876 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:21 am

Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:13 am
955876 wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:45 pm

Great idea.

Hey,

I’m here to lick ass and take names.

👅 🍑
You can lick all the ass you want to lick Lit.

As long as it isn’t mine… 😘

Smashmouth21

Post by Smashmouth21 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:22 am

955876 wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:20 am
You said “preach” to the village idiots comments about how great DEI is.

Given that DEI is blatantly (and obviously) discriminatory then you obviously support discrimination.

You don’t have to say the words dumb dumb.

If some idiot said they support Hamas killing women & children and I responded with “preach” that would infer that I support their actions.

This isn’t rocket science. We don’t need Josh Dobbs to sort things out here.
That is not what DEI is. At all. So no, I never said that and do not support that. But educating someone as Gullible as you is not at the top of my to-do list. Besides, I promised to let it go.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic